Mega Thread 2024 Media & Miscellaneous Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Mark of the Year is out and the AFL has screwed Amiss again. His mark is better than all three in my opinion but instead the AFL choose 2 Himmelburg marks to go into the last three. Looks like they really wanted to give it to the Collingwood bloke by making him go up against a team with hardly any fans.

Mark of the Year is out and the AFL has screwed Amiss again. His mark is better than all three in my opinion but instead the AFL choose 2 Himmelburg marks to go into the last three. Looks like they really wanted to give it to the Collingwood bloke by making him go up against a team with hardly any fans.

The bigger injustice is Freddy missing out on GOTY for his goal against Geelong imo.

Houston's set shot was awesome in the circumstances, but it was just a set shot drop punt from 55. How can that possibly be a finalist for goal of the year?

Amiss' mark was a good one, don't know it was better than Johnson' though, didn't even win that round.

None of this year's entries were super compelling IMO though.

Amiss' mark was a good one, don't know it was better than Johnson' though, didn't even win that round.

None of this year's entries were super compelling IMO though.
It didn't win mark of the round? That's the injustice, Hinge didn't have a defender hanging off him and take a huge pack mark. Amiss got the boots on Bounce, Dunstall know's a good mark when he see one.

AFL Mark of the Year: Round 19

The bigger injustice is Freddy missing out on GOTY for his goal against Geelong imo.

Houston's set shot was awesome in the circumstances, but it was just a set shot drop punt from 55. How can that possibly be a finalist for goal of the year?
It's their stupid system. Two awesome marks/goals in the same week and a few fans get on the internet and lock out the other great one from contending with a wider audience. Young was stiff last year too.

Fabulous article on AFL and Freo sites by Nathan Schmook about Luke Jackson. Do yourself a favour and read it.
It was a great read on a number of levels. Firstly, the insight into the man himself and his many layers as a deep thinking and hard working person, a talented footballer, a congenial teammate as well as his close relationships with his Coach and family.

It also highlights the genius of David Walls, the determination of JL and the Club to secure Luke on a long term contract. Their plans for his future roles at our Club, and Luke’s openness to playing a number of different roles is exciting stuff.

Well done Freo and great article Nathan.

Fabulous article on AFL and Freo sites by Nathan Schmook about Luke Jackson. Do yourself a favour and read it.
It was a great read on a number of levels. Firstly, the insight into the man himself and his many layers as a deep thinking and hard working person, a talented footballer, a congenial teammate as well as his close relationships with his Coach and family.

It also highlights the genius of David Walls, the determination of JL and the Club to secure Luke on a long term contract. Their plans for his future roles at our Club, and Luke’s openness to playing a number of different roles is exciting stuff.

Well done Freo and great article Nathan.
My favourite part was Luke when asked if he had any questions after our big pitch about playing ruck/forward/mid/wing just says “I reckon I could play as a key defender” says it all about the guy, quite humble but thinks he can play literally every position.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Weird. I found his weekly ratings not terrible overall. The odd ranking that didn't land close to what I'd seen, but otherwise generally in the ball park. But these season ratings, ostensibly based on averaging the game ratings, are a bit whacky. Or maybe it's just the comments that are odd...

I went back and watched an extended highlights video of our QF in 2006 against Adelaide and I've just sat here thinking how the * did we blow that game????????

We were in front for basically the entire game.
At 3QT you could tell we were going to lose, there was an absolute gale blowing to Adelaides end in Q4 and we did nothing to get a lead before then

When I first started getting into footy, I could tell the Freo fans were a passionate lot. It’s what partially attracted me to the team despite living thousands of miles away.

Who’s got the best fans? We do. 😁 Sure there are some problems with this metric, but let’s just disregard this. But Share this pic far and wide Freo faithful.

1694000054353.png

When I first started getting into footy, I could tell the Freo fans were a passionate lot. It’s what partially attracted me to the team despite living thousands of miles away.

Who’s got the best fans? We do. 😁 Sure there are some problems with this metric, but let’s just disregard this. But Share this pic far and wide Freo faithful.

View attachment 1795789
It’s actually 44,000 and 71% if you do the logical thing and exclude the Norwood “home game”

Pretty good backline, workmanlike midfield, star forwardline.
The inverse of the side he did have 7 years later

By God we'd have won the flag wouldn't we..
Nope, Lyon’s game plan doesn’t work at the G, it’s too wide to defend, is great at Docklands, Kardinia park and was good at Subi, there’s a reason he’s made 3 GFs and not won one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread 2024 Media & Miscellaneous Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back