Mega Thread 2024 Media & Miscellaneous Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

When I first started getting into footy, I could tell the Freo fans were a passionate lot. It’s what partially attracted me to the team despite living thousands of miles away.

Who’s got the best fans? We do. 😁 Sure there are some problems with this metric, but let’s just disregard this. But Share this pic far and wide Freo faithful.

View attachment 1795789
We also get the highest revenue per membership across the AFL. It's because we have a high percentage of 11 games memberships plus higher prices. WC have a lot of in the wings members who pay bugger all to sit on a wait list. Some vic clubs were giving away memberships with discounted KAYO subs.

The membership tally's are the biggest joke in the league. They are basically mailing lists these days and it makes me cringe all the carry on in regards to records when they have changed the rules and $1 from a punter means it's a membership.

It would be like increasing the length of the season by more games so more money could be made and records broken, wait a minute...

We also get the highest revenue per membership across the AFL. It's because we have a high percentage of 11 games memberships plus higher prices. WC have a lot of in the wings members who pay bugger all to sit on a wait list. Some vic clubs were giving away memberships with discounted KAYO subs.

The membership tally's are the biggest joke in the league. They are basically mailing lists these days and it makes me cringe all the carry on in regards to records when they have changed the rules and $1 from a punter means it's a membership.

It would be like increasing the length of the season by more games so more money could be made and records broken, wait a minute...

100%. If we start trying to poke holes in that graphic and what it means, there will be nothing left. It's just entertainment.

I think I'm going to completely disregard what you said let that graphic reinforce my confirmation bias that we have the best fans hands down. That graphic proves it. :p:p:p

That graphic is a reminder that we are actually a bigger club than not just regular people but even some people on here realise.
Compared on maximum income (I.e how much money the club can make whilst having an extended run as a top 4 club) we'd be behind only WC, Collingwood, Adelaide, Carlton and Essendon, Debatabley Richmond IMO.

That graphic is a reminder that we are actually a bigger club than not just regular people but even some people on here realise.
Compared on maximum income (I.e how much money the club can make whilst having an extended run as a top 4 club) we'd be behind only WC, Collingwood, Adelaide, Carlton and Essendon, Debatabley Richmond IMO.
WC, Collingwood, Adelaide definitely. I thought Richmond were bigger than Essendon & Carlton. I agree that we're in the bottom half of the big 4 range for revenue & ability to pull a crowd. Our stadium is just a bit smaller for blockbusters and we only get 1 Derby a year compared to 4 with opposition fans helping bump up the numbers.

WC, Collingwood, Adelaide definitely. I thought Richmond were bigger than Essendon & Carlton. I agree that we're in the bottom half of the big 4 range for revenue & ability to pull a crowd. Our stadium is just a bit smaller for blockbusters and we only get 1 Derby a year compared to 4 with opposition fans helping bump up the numbers.
Richmond are bigger now but Carlton and Essendon have been shite for literally a generation. I know if you go back to the 70s Richmond had clearly bigger crowds. I just unscientifically feel like the Don's and Blues crowds are 'stickier'.

Off on a tangent you'd think if Essendon fail on this cycle they could be permanently relegated to second tier status.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Suma is a guy who (I think) still wants to be an AFL coach and yet has been unable to grasp the concept that Jackson might be able to play in positions other than ruck. Mind blowing
Even if Jackson was better than Darcy in ruck like Suma thinks, Jackson is twice as good as Darcy in other positions around the ground. It would be beyond stupid to just play Jackson as the number 1 ruck and Darcy in the hybrid role.

Surprised he didn't mention Kelly's record Clanger per game year in his write up.

It was an equally awesome mural of Mundy last year. I was devastated when they painted over it when he retired :(

Stoked it's back with a new player. hope they keep up the tradition for years!
Just thought I’d post this awesome mural someone has on their house in East St. It makes me smile every time I drive past.
I don’t think it’s ever been tagged too. Respect.

A real nugget of gold from Barrett in his Sliding Doors section today. Apparently he rates Serong (suspended for a dangerous tackle in round 17) as a Brownlow wildcard 😂
I saw that had had a chuckle alright.
Absolute classic example of how much people think or care about freo in Melbourne. Our B&F is ineligible for the Brownlow yet the AFLs chief media writer is talking up his chances.
Only freo. There is no way Barrett would not be aware he is ineligible if he played for a medium or high profile club.

👏
I will be voting yes but personally don't like footballers telling others what to do with a referendum. How about you just leave people to decide for themselves, and stick to playing football.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread 2024 Media & Miscellaneous Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back