2023/2024 Gold Coast Draft & Trade periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I forgot about ruck-back up. Good point. We could have Andrew do crazy jumps there or give King a go a bit.

That also raises questions what will happen with Moyle. He will be out of contract next year. We need to give him some games.

Never know, Dimma might play 2 rucks - and rest one forward? Take some of the workload off an aging Witts.

Never know, Dimma might play 2 rucks - and rest one forward? Take some of the workload off an aging Witts.
The problem is that Moyle is basically a Witts 2.0. Can’t play both, unless one can be a legit rotating forward or defender, which I doubt.

Someone like Chol can be a forward who helps in the ruck, like a Hawkins, Walker or Dixon etc. Andrew is too slight now, but could ruck in defensive 50 in the future (perhaps). Same with Read or Walter, given time.

The problem is that Moyle is basically a Witts 2.0. Can’t play both, unless one can be a legit rotating forward or defender, which I doubt.

Someone like Chol can be a forward who helps in the ruck, like a Hawkins, Walker or Dixon etc. Andrew is too slight now, but could ruck in defensive 50 in the future (perhaps). Same with Read or Walter, given time.
Well Richmond played Nank/Soldo together quite a bit, and generally only had one on field at a time.

Would it work with Witts/Moyle? I guess it means your forward structure doesn't change as much as if Chol is 3rd tall/2nd ruck. Everything has to re-jig up forward when Witts is resting.

Might be a good way to ease Moyle into the AFL team and keep him interested.

Please excuse the intrusion.. Im guessing you've had a lot of discussion around how many points you need and what to do with p4. Also how many list spots are available impacting how many picks you can take to the draft?

Any thoughts on..
Swans (3502 pts) p11, 22, 30, 41, 49 for Suns (2329 pts) p4, 60, 65, 68
In my Swans brain, Id be asking for Hollands too for a Swans future 3rd.

Suns - lose Hollands and p4
Suns - get 1173 extra pts and a future 3rd. Probably have enough pts to trade out p11 for a future pick (could add Swans future 3rd depending on the club). If p11 and Hollands get traded, the Suns ease pressure on the list spot/draft pick ratio by 1
Swans - lose future 3rd
Swans - get p4. Retain enough points to match bids on Academy player(s). Swans get Hollands

First Jed Anderson now Connor Blakely who is next Jake Stein? Clearing our one year rookies

Hope to see you all at the new stadium name unveiling as the Blakely Stadium. Also keen to check out the new Jed Anderson stand where I got my season seats.

First Jed Anderson now Connor Blakely who is next Jake Stein? Clearing our one year rookies
Probably.

Apart from Jed Anderson, the rest have served their purpose of bolstering the seconds team and letting some younger kids be protected. Stein with Graham likely allowed Mac Andrew to develop nicely. Blakely and Jed (when he was at the club…) to assist Davies, Flanders etc.

Also helps in match sims to have bigger bodies to work off and train against.

Maybe we’ll keep Constable or Tsitas for VFL to be captain and have some cheap depth there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North and essendon two clubs with no key defenders and money to burn, caleb Graham will be on the wish list for these clubs with the promise of a starting position Rd.1

North and essendon two clubs with no key defenders and money to burn, caleb Graham will be on the wish list for these clubs with the promise of a starting position Rd.1
Stop it.

You can’t make up sh!t like that and not be held accountable.

Crab will be a life long Suns player.

Hope to see you all at the new stadium name unveiling as the Blakely Stadium. Also keen to check out the new Jed Anderson stand where I got my season seats.
Right next to the Marc Lock High Performance Centre
Symmetry
New Zealand well ahead of us-already naming major buildings after our illustrious alumni
McW-The-McW-Story-Section-Banner-1180x322-1.jpg

Last edited:
Cal Twomey suggesting north wants our pick 4

If that’s the case under the table don’t bid on our academy players

North get 2,3,5 huge win we get Walter at 6

Cal Twomey suggesting north wants our pick 4

If that’s the case under the table don’t bid on our academy players

North get 2,3,5 huge win we get Walter at 6
There is talk North will get PP 11 and as a result North offering 11 + 15 + not bid on Walter <-> pick 4.
Hawks would probably bid on Walter with pick 4.

11 + 15 = 2441. Pick 4 is 2034. Walter bid coming at pick 4 instead of pick 2 would save us 386 points. Total 793 points overs.

Ralph's mentioned WB 10+17 + F1 <-> 4 + F2 (something back). If WB will finish 6th and Suns 8th next year that would be 977 points overs.

Last edited:
There is talk North will get PP 11 and as a result North offering 11 + 15 + not bid on Walter <-> pick 4.
Hawks would probably bid on Walter with pick 4.

11 + 15 = 2441. Pick 4 is 2034. Walter bid coming at pick 4 instead of pick 2 would save us 386 points. Total 793 points overs.

Ralph's mentioned WB 10+17 + F1 <-> 4 + F2 (something back). If WB will finish 6th and Suns 8th next year that would be 977 points overs.
If Hawks want that Pick 4, all they need to do is offer a pick that covers this 793 points in addition to their F1 I would assume.

Isn't that fair.

I don't get this clamour in media for dogs 10+17 or Roos 11+15 when all along Suns fans have been saying you will have enough points to cover for loss of Pick 4/5 points after trading for Chol, Burgess, Sharp, Moyle etc

If Hawks want that Pick 4, all they need to do is offer a pick that covers this 793 points in addition to their F1 I would assume.

Isn't that fair.

I don't get this clamour in media for dogs 10+17 or Roos 11+15 when all along Suns fans have been saying you will have enough points to cover for loss of Pick 4/5 points after trading for Chol, Burgess, Sharp, Moyle etc
Moyle is not going anywhere. Burgess and Sharp probably gone for peanuts (50+). Chol (30-35) and Hollands (20-30) possibilities.

Who knows where will Hawks finish next year? :p Less risk to trade pick 10, 17 for F1.

Yeah, I suspect some (most) value from pick 4 will end up as F picks depending on who leaves. Trading on picks 10/17 would bring more points overs in trades.

Suns will bring in 4 academy players this year apparently. Are Suns targeting any player in trade? No news in the media but maybe Dimma has someone in mind and can convince him.

Moyle is not going anywhere. Burgess and Sharp probably gone for peanuts (50+). Chol (30-35) and Hollands (20-30) possibilities.

If you count the points for these 4 picks that is equal to 2000 points. So no need to trade pick 4 for any points.

Who do you think will finish below hawks next yr. Can only see North and Eagles as surety.

Plus if you have a top 3 F1, a deficit of 200-400 points won't move the pick. So can even go into deficit.

A injury/suspension to Sicily or Lewis and we may even get our first spoon.

Suns aim should be target F1 of Eagles, North & Hawks to get ahead of bid for your academy players. Anyone else means same problem as now.

Last edited:
If you count the points for these 4 picks that is equal to 2000 points. So no need to trade pick 4 for any points.

Where do you think will finish below hawks next yr. Can only see North and Eagles as surety.

Plus if you have a top 3 F1, a deficit of 200-400 points won't move the pick. So can even go into deficit.

A injury/suspension to Sicily or Lewis and we may even get our first spoon.

Suns aim should be target F1 of Eagles, North & Hawks to get ahead of bid for your academy players. Anyone else means same problem as now.
Yeah, if those players leave Suns should get enough points. Even then, I doubt, Suns would use pick 4 in draft. They are bringing more than enough academy talent. Using pick 4 on getting mature A grader would be ideal scenario but that's not going to happen.

Yeah, Hawks could play finals or win a wooden spoon. It's so even competition.

Yeah, small deficit is no issue.

It's a good problem to have. Suns don't have F/S so to have academy finally delivering is important for Suns with less go home factor. Next year, Lombardi could be possibly top 10 pick too. In 2025 possibly 3-5 players could be drafted from academy. Eventually, other teams will benefit. Suns can't draft them all.

Just curious, what people think about Faulkhead.

Can he make it? Did he show enough to keep him? Could he turn into a wing?

Watching him in VFL, IMO, he did make some progress, looks stronger but still not convinced, especially about his disposal. It seems he spent more time in the middle recently.

Dimma's call, haha.

Similarly, what about Brock?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back