Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Show me one clearance stat that measures quality of clearance

Who we played is irrelevant we should know that after West coast game.
What does the quality of the clearance have to do with the ruckman?

You are clutching at straws here

Btw we are 7-3 in games Buku has played should we drop Jammara for him them?

Melbourne and Oliver are at an almost untenable position. The exit meeting was essentially just two sides pointing fingers. Goodwin and co let Oliver know his behaviours were unprofessional and wouldn't be accepted going forward, Oliver quickly got defensive and blamed the medical department for mismanaging his recovery and accepted no fault.
Other clubs are well aware of the nature of the situation and the trade value will reflect that, he is still expected to command a top ten pick and early second however.
The Bulldogs will not be a possible landing spot for many reasons, the contract is too high, but most importantly to put it mildly he doesn’t have the best relationship with current dogs players. To go further bringing in Oliver would also go against what we have tried to eradicate from the club, in the last 18 months he has fallen into behaviours similar to what we have seen with hunter.

Melbourne and Oliver are at an almost untenable position. The exit meeting was essentially just two sides pointing fingers. Goodwin and co let Oliver know his behaviours were unprofessional and wouldn't be accepted going forward, Oliver quickly got defensive and blamed the medical department for mismanaging his recovery and accepted no fault.
Other clubs are well aware of the nature of the situation and the trade value will reflect that, he is still expected to command a top ten pick and early second however.
The Bulldogs will not be a possible landing spot for many reasons, the contract is too high, but most importantly to put it mildly he doesn’t have the best relationship with current dogs players. To go further bringing in Oliver would also go against what we have tried to eradicate from the club, in the last 18 months he has fallen into behaviours similar to what we have seen with hunter.

I'm seeing Adelaide mentioned a lot, they have some good picks and might be in a position to pick him up. If they got him, I'd be picking them as the team from outside the 8 to make top 4 next year.

I'm seeing Adelaide mentioned a lot, they have some good picks and might be in a position to pick him up. If they got him, I'd be picking them as the team from outside the 8 to make top 4 next year.
I've been told this morning they're further down the line then the media is reporting.
Also the prospect of 9, 20 a future 1st and Mcadam that has been reported in the media as the likely cost is Melbourne's asking price but Adelaide will only offer one first round pick (EDIT one first on top of 20 and Mcadam) to allow for gathering points for next year.

Also does Cornes suggest we let Collingwood or West Coast swoop in and give Naughton a ten year contract that we refuse to match?

Cornes was OK with Port offering a five year deal to Horne Francis. So some long term contracts bad, others good. 🤔

That's the nub of it, isn't it? Eagles and Pies allegedly offered a 24yo 10 year contracts - no comment from Cain Korn.

Bulldogs keep him and extend by 8 - madness!

If he has an issue with long-term contracts - surely it's ALL long-term contracts? Picking holes in his arguments is not even a challenge - and this is apparently a leading AFL media commentator. 🤪

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok, so you don't realise what they were discussing. Fine.
I think you might be missing the point here Geoff my friend,

He is erect for Hornet who like I said 60% CBAs 3 more disposals a game than Baker,

That isn't good hence he is just an irrelevant biased flog

Show me one clearance stat that measures quality of clearance

Who we played is irrelevant we should know that after West coast game.

There is none because it’s too hard to measure. Once the ball leaves the midfielders hands, there’s 100 variables to factor in away from the stoppage that contribute to how effective the clearance is.

What does the quality of the clearance have to do with the ruckman?

You are clutching at straws here

Btw we are 7-3 in games Buku has played should we drop Jammara for him them?

The “Effective Clearance” crew love this discussion. It leads to a dead end where they don’t have to admit our midfield group is just as effective/ineffective regardless of who the ruckman is, because others can’t provide stats that don’t exist.

Wrapped with that.
Wrapping Joeswash GIF by PotatoITV

Kornes is a moron but I agree with him that contracts are too long. Reckon future CBA’s will introduce max contract terms

Can't imagine this is music to Sweet's ears? Weird comment to make when a ruck seeking opportunity has already requested a trade to you...

The idea put about by Port fans that Sweet was just going to slot into their best 22 as their main ruck was always amusing to me.

They pulled the cheap fish into the boat early and then went looking for their whale.

From what i can gather

The expected first offer for Sweet is a future 3rd
Probably fair. We will obviously try get more out of him, but this values him around Pick 50 which is pretty much what we've all been expecting. I'd still try push for the future 2nd though, or try to involve Duursma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back