Player Watch #16: Zac Fisher - 36d & 6 marks vs WCE - his best game for NMFC?

Remove this Banner Ad

With him and Stephens it’s clear the club is addressing the lack of fitness and skills so that’s a win.

On Fisher specifically I usually hate the one way, outside players but he’s shown a bit of heart every once in a while and, as mentioned above, he brings attributes we are sorely lacking.

It’s a good move despite my usual weariness of his player type.

Last edited:
Do we get him for an assistance pick downgrade to a Blues second rounder? We probably have to chuck in some steak knives but it’s a decent starting point I’d have thought.

Do we get him for an assistance pick downgrade to a Blues second rounder? We probably have to chuck in some steak knives but it’s a decent starting point I’d have thought.
Pick 39 or future 3rd for mine

Future 3rd to help them with campo twins bid matching next year probably they’d prefer

Pick 39 or future 3rd for mine

Future 3rd to help them with campo twins bid matching next year probably they’d prefer
I don't think the Blues would accept that because we'd take that in a heartbeat.

Trades for contracted players can go any which way. Maybe they accept sweet f-all because he's got 2 years on OK coin left and not in their future plans. Maybe they're going to try and squeeze us because they're willing to hold him to contract if they can't turn him into good draft currency.

A lot of negativity here. He is a decent player who will play a role we need.

Not every player in every spot has to be a top 10 pick.

Collingwood just won a flag with Billy Frampton, 2 very ordinary ruckman, Oleg Markov and Will Hosken-Elliot
Has to be at least B grade.

A lot of negativity here. He is a decent player who will play a role we need.

Not every player in every spot has to be a top 10 pick.

Collingwood just won a flag with Billy Frampton, 2 very ordinary ruckman, Oleg Markov and Will Hosken-Elliot

Uncle we have every right to be sceptical with our Polec experience

I hope he’s a gun

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope he’s a gun

If he's not breaking the bank both $ and draft capital wise, he doesn't need to be a gun.

Our base across the board is so low, we need anyone that is a half decent ball user. Should be putting pressure on senior guys who are capable of far more.

Polec isn't the type of player that compliments a bottom 4 team. He should have always gone to a contender. Another Joyce and Bard masterstroke. Nuffies with no idea about list management.

Very happy with this Fisher for the right price.

I hope he’s a gun

You’ve missed the point

We don’t need him to be a gun.

We need him to be serviceable and do his job.

4 years is a bit of time granted but at 450k it is under the average wage

I dont rate him. Floats in and out of games too much and maybe because there are too many ball winners in the Carlton lineup.
Also there's a weird obsession from commentators and the like about wearing shorts 2 sizes too big.

End of the day if we get him for a 3rd rounder then he's excellent depth because right now WE HAVE NONE.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #16: Zac Fisher - 36d & 6 marks vs WCE - his best game for NMFC?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back