List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
* me, he would have been blind Saturday night, Sunday then Monday. Also you realise you pre plan your mad Monday costume
It's almost like these posters bagging Ginni out for dressing as a jockey totally missed that it was the media making a big deal about him going to the races (for an hour to watch his mate's horse race whilst being on the waters.. 🙄)

I thought it was hilarious.

The problem with this is. In 2019 Joe Daniher chooses Sydney. No deal. At the end of 2020 he's traded to Brisbane.
In 2021 Ian Hill chooses Essendon. No deal. At the end of 2022 Ian Hill is traded to Collingwood.
Granted one could argue the club with bird in hand was seeking overs; but is pick 18 really too much for Schultz considering we'd merely be being pushed back a few spots in the draft?
Arggghh the beauty of trade week.

Agree with this, I'd be willing to trade pick 18 for Schultz to get it done and similarly get a good result for Adams.

It's more about all this talk about how this will require 18 and a player. Not keen to sell the farm for a player that's not AA quality and will just be a role player. Also in a position where we are quite well stocked.

I think there are more pressing needs like KPD and KPF that are way more pressing. Still hoping we can surprise with a Haynes or Hawkins UFA

Are people really getting upset that at an event where you dress up in something silly to take the piss, Ginni dressed up in something silly to take the piss?

That would have zero effect on whether we would trade him or not.

Ralph reporting Ginni had a positive end of year review, wants to stay with Pies and he and club both agree he needs to get fitter.
Never had any doubt. He loves the Pies. They love him. And you only need to be at the G when he's playing to see how much energy he brings to the team & the crowd.

Can't wait for him to continue his hard work over the pre season & come back stronger next year.

Are people really getting upset that at an event where you dress up in something silly to take the piss, Ginni dressed up in something silly to take the piss?

That would have zero effect on whether we would trade him or not.

Its laughable hey. Even the discussion going on about the Races attendance.

I didn't understand a word of that. Are we keeping ginni or not? I think he might be a candidate for a trade, especially if you factor in HH and Shultz . I think ginni might have to become a midfielder if he is to stay at the Pies
It’s the bolded. The guff was my take on the complexities of Ginnivan. I disagree on him needing to become a mid to survive with us because I don’t think he has any midfield traits that Collingwood rate.

I’m not a ginni hater. But adding Schultz is a huge upgrade. If ginni wants out for better opportunities and him leaving allows us to improve our draft hall to improve other areas it’s win win. We all have to get used to player movement, it’s going to keep increasing. We can’t expect to add players but not lose them.

Whether he makes it or not, he needs to try and add another string.
We have very few one positional players.
IMO its what kept McCrae out and what saw the end of Bianco and Ruscoe and the retention of Kelly.
i'm not fussed about whether he makes it (its on him), but pleased at the way the coaches have identified this.
No one seems to be getting pigeon holed.

As for Muprh.....Suspect we'll carry 2 spots over for SSP / MSD this year and fill defensive depth from there.
Would like to see Begg spend the entire summer in defence.
Bring a ruck as cover via SSP and then get to work on identifying defensive cover for the following year.
I like positional flexibility just not midfield for Ginnivan. I think his best shot at a role up the field is on a wing if he can get super fit. Unfortunately a defensive mid still needs to find the ball and his first instinct is to always cut into traffic which is not a trait I like as a forward, but it’s one you can get away with in a low possession role. When you’re being given midfield minutes the expectation will be 20+ possessions week to week which you won’t get at his size with his agility if your first instinct is to look for contact.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m not a ginni hater. But adding Schultz is a huge upgrade. If ginni wants out for better opportunities and him leaving allows us to improve our draft hall to improve other areas it’s win win. We all have to get used to player movement, it’s going to keep increasing. We can’t expect to add players but not lose them.
He doesn't want out. Give it up. Schultz takes the spot Adams doesn't want.

Agree with this, I'd be willing to trade pick 18 for Schultz to get it done and similarly get a good result for Adams.

It's more about all this talk about how this will require 18 and a player. Not keen to sell the farm for a player that's not AA quality and will just be a role player. Also in a position where we are quite well stocked.

I think there are more pressing needs like KPD and KPF that are way more pressing. Still hoping we can surprise with a Haynes or Hawkins UFA
Why do people keep on sating we need a KPF?
Yes there are better KPF's out their but like it or not we have McStay signed till 2027, Mihocek 2025, Johnson 2025 and Kreuger 2024.

Unless Kreuger takes up the rumoured Adelaide offer we have locked in our KPF's.

I like positional flexibility just not midfield for Ginnivan. I think his best shot at a role up the field is on a wing if he can get super fit. Unfortunately a defensive mid still needs to find the ball and his first instinct is to always cut into traffic which is not a trait I like as a forward, but it’s one you can get away with in a low possession role. When you’re being given midfield minutes the expectation will be 20+ possessions week to week which you won’t get at his size with his agility if your first instinct is to look for contact.
agree 100%.
But on the flip side to this, we'll never know unless he gives it a crack.
So my comments were more around at least he's having a go as opposed to 'i think he'll succeed'.

Feb / March will be a big watch for mine to see how he goes in this space.

* me, he would have been blind Saturday night, Sunday then Monday. Also you realise you pre plan your mad Monday costume
Yep, Ginni came up with that outfit prior to going to the races on Gf eve.
Your intelligence is wasted on here bro, you really should dedicate yourself to finding a cure for cancer.

Ralph reporting Ginni had a positive end of year review, wants to stay with Pies and he and club both agree he needs to get fitter.
After you work your way back from oblivion to the point where the coach rated you the hardest trainer on the track….to then seal your fate in premiership glory…at 20/21 years old…you’re going nowhere.

After you work your way back from oblivion to the point where the coach rated you the hardest trainer on the track….to then seal your fate in premiership glory…at 20/21 years old…you’re going nowhere.
Thats my take but the talking heads in the media are all of a different view. More to the point, one of the dickheads thinks it and all the other sheep go along with it

Your constant bagging of Frampton is tiresome.
He is more than capable of holding down a defensive post, and were it not for the constant need to fill holes this season, he would have proven himself.
Saying that Frampton is not the answer down back is not 'bagging him'. (KPB as opposed to wheeling out an occasional giant killer is of particular concern because of the possible departure of Murphy)

Its laughable hey. Even the discussion going on about the Races attendance.
You can clearly tell Fly was pissing himself when he said don't go to the races the night before grand final Jack, he'll learn from it , read the room, we're all about humility and I'm not sure that's what winners do 👍

Why do people keep on sating we need a KPF?
Yes there are better KPF's out their but like it or not we have McStay signed till 2027, Mihocek 2025, Johnson 2025 and Kreuger 2024.

Unless Kreuger takes up the rumoured Adelaide offer we have locked in our KPF's.
Because we saw this year when McStay went down in the prelim that we had to bring in Frampton who played an important negating role for 3 quarters but got dominated in the last quarter and offered nothing offensively. Obviously no point going after another average KPF as we have plenty of those but if a Hawkins is available for the last 2 years of our current premiership window as a UFA, you'd hope we'd try for it. He would be a massive upgrade even as a 36 year old on all our current KPFs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back