Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn, Denver Grainger-Barras

Remove this Banner Ad

The club disagrees.

He’s training as a forward this summer, already back at the club doing running and weights, and will also be getting body position coaching from Derm on a part-time basis.

I generally accept everything you say as gospel

Not sure what part of this to believe now

I generally accept everything you say as gospel

Not sure what part of this to believe now
Why? Because he’s not at the club right at this minute?

The club disagrees.

He’s training as a forward this summer, already back at the club doing running and weights, and will also be getting body position coaching from Derm on a part-time basis.
The moment we picked up Chol, I thought to myself that a forward line with Lewis, Chol and DGB has some real potential. All such different players but dangerous in the air and at ground level in their own way.

Provided we're keeping him this year, I hope we sign him to at least a one year contract extension, so we don't have the issue we're having this year with Brockman.

Cannot afford to let DGB go for cheap to underperforming WA teams next year.

Provided we're keeping him this year, I hope we sign him to at least a one year contract extension, so we don't have the issue we're having this year with Brockman.

And if he does want to go home the WA sides pay up.

The moment we picked up Chol, I thought to myself that a forward line with Lewis, Chol and DGB has some real potential. All such different players but dangerous in the air and at ground level in their own way.

HF. Moore DGB MacDonald
F. Breust Chol Lewis

Realistic possibility for round 1. Our forward line is a weakness but there is talent here, and it's quite dynamic.

Doubt he would go for that, he will get an extension at the end of the year either way. I imagine he would want a longer term extension (at least 2 years) for security or he would just take his chances to prove he is worth more.

I agree though it is a little concerning that it could potentially happen.

HF. Moore DGB MacDonald
F. Breust Chol Lewis

Realistic possibility for round 1. Our forward line is a weakness but there is talent here, and it's quite dynamic.
I like the marking power and mix of styles but unfortunately there is bugger all forward pressure in that forward line though.

Not one of those players can apply forward line pressure to save themselves. Bruest used to but those days are long gone (still great at kicking goals though).

We are crying out for a quality two way small forward who can kick goals and also apply pressure (aka Cyril / Poppy).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perhaps he’s referring to the bit where you said he’s back at the club training when in fact he’s not back at the club training. It’s ok to admit you were wrong…..

Some of the players have been back though, even if they aren't right now as we speak.

Duke and Harry Morrison were in yesterday. If they fly off to Budapest this afternoon it still doesn't change that they've been in at the club training.

Some of the players have been back though, even if they aren't right now as we speak.

Duke and Harry Morrison were in yesterday. If they fly off to Budapest this afternoon it still doesn't change that they've been in at the club training.
As long as they stay the **** away from Gazza it's all good!

I was under the impression DBG didn't want to return back to WA and if he was traded it would be to a VIC team.

Can anyone confirm?

Just wait until he finishes, Dippers advanced class.

View attachment 1828206

That double headlock is rarely seen outside of the WWF/E, and it's a brave man who's prepared to wear the repeated shots to the face required to pull it off.

Probably the most viewed of them all, at least in Australia. DGB a bit light to roll it out just yet, but there is time!

That double headlock is rarely seen outside of the WWF/E, and it's a brave man who's prepared to wear the repeated shots to the face required to pull it off.

Probably the most viewed of them all, at least in Australia. DGB a bit light to roll it out just yet, but there is time!
Dipper the ultimate team player.
Leaving us with 1 spare.

Dipper the ultimate team player.
Leaving us with 1 spare.

Watching him repeatedly take Lockett head on, and get rag dolled over and over is one of the scariest and bravest things I've ever seen.

And you don't walk off the park like he did in 89 without loving the jumper. Lived for his team, showed it in more ways than most.

"Just turned up for the free feed" is alsoone of the greatest lines from any Brownlow acceptance speech. He took himself seriously, but was happy for everyone else to think the opposite.

Watching him repeatedly take Lockett head on, and get rag dolled over and over is one of the scariest and bravest things I've ever seen.

And you don't walk off the park like he did in 89 without loving the jumper. Lived for his team, showed it in more ways than most.

"Just turned up for the free feed" is alsoone of the greatest lines from any Brownlow acceptance speech. He took himself seriously, but was happy for everyone else to think the opposite.

You can't teach it and Denver has it.

I don't know if they'll make a song about Denver Grainger-Barras or if he'll have a similar highlights package 🤣

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn, Denver Grainger-Barras

Remove this Banner Ad

Back