Resource Non-AFL General Chat

Remove this Banner Ad

Nic Cage update:

Perthonalities had been pestering Academy Award winner Nic Cage to appear on Telethon. Nic did some very good acting where he pretended that he wanted to come but couldn't and sent a cheque in his place. It's the smart option where the alternative was having to deal with Basil for an amount of time. We could have got more money out of Nic if he only knew how insufferable Basil is. Screenshot_20231028-171459.png

That is not even close to being funny. You do realise that that is now an illegal delivery?
I find it pretty funny, he should have at least shaped up / pretended to bowl underarm. Would have been hilarious

All Blacks lost 11 - 12 to South Africa in Rugby World Cup final this morning.

A game that I think will stop AFL from ever bringing in red cards. A single tv match review official changed the referee's yellow card, 10 min and play one player down, to red card.

Off for good with 53 minutes left and unable to be replaced at all.

For this.

Been controversial with rule changes and different interpretations over the last few years with different penalties, if any.

All Blacks lost 11 - 12 to South Africa in Rugby World Cup final this morning.

A game that I think will stop AFL from ever bringing in red cards. A single tv match review official changed the referee's yellow card, 10 min and play one player down, to red card.

Off for good with 53 minutes left and unable to be replaced at all.

For this.

Been controversial with rule changes and different interpretations over the last few years with different penalties, if any.

Yeah it’s frustrating when this is what is the advertisement for the system.

I love the idea of a sin bin for Aussie rules for high/late bumps (Lake on Walters in the grand final prime example), reckless tackles, bad trips, stupid aggression - even if it’s to get a dumb player off the field for a spell for everyone sake. Then save the red cards for players who either keep getting binned or for stuff like Gaff, Barry Hall where it’s acts that aren’t footy acts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

England stinking up another WC game v India. To call them embarrassing would be too kind.

type set GIF

Yeah it’s frustrating when this is what is the advertisement for the system.

I love the idea of a sin bin for Aussie rules for high/late bumps (Lake on Walters in the grand final prime example), reckless tackles, bad trips, stupid aggression - even if it’s to get a dumb player off the field for a spell for everyone sake. Then save the red cards for players who either keep getting binned or for stuff like Gaff, Barry Hall where it’s acts that aren’t footy acts.
I was a fan, but unfortunately that final showed how a combination of rule changes open to interpretation and baffling (to the point of compromise) decisions by a single person in charge of reviews, took over the game and changed the result.

But it wasn't just the yellow and red cards, the disallowed try came after the referee said "No knock on. No knock on" and five phases of play occured. Then oops no try, go back for the 'knock on' said the single TV review official.

Why are gutless captains bowling first.

There have been 33 games so far in this world cup. 20 times the team that has won the toss bowled first. And won just 6 of those 20 games.

Out of those 14 defeats 8 have been 100+ Runs and another was 99 runs.

What logic are the dimwits using to bowl first in the hottest part of the day in India except for the small possibility of dew. Which when making 350+ shouldnt make a bloody difference the other team is cooked already by fielding there arses off in the afternoon sun.

Why are gutless captains bowling first.

There have been 33 games so far in this world cup. 20 times the team that has won the toss bowled first. And won just 6 of those 20 games.

Out of those 14 defeats 8 have been 100+ Runs and another was 99 runs.

What logic are the dimwits using to bowl first in the hottest part of the day in India except for the small possibility of dew. Which when making 350+ shouldnt make a bloody difference the other team is cooked already by fielding there arses off in the afternoon sun.
Lunacy that it's happening so often. I can understand it if you've batted first every game and you week to challenge yourself once you're guaranteed finals.

37 tomorrow, if my captain wins the toss and bowls, I'll be first in line for the insurrection.

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource Non-AFL General Chat

Remove this Banner Ad

Back