Player Watch 2023 Father Son player watch - McCabe, Dear and Maginness

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, I keep deleting posts referencing this, but can we move away from suggesting or making juvenile jokes about the bloodlines of players.

This is a public forum and parents of players do read here.

FFS, he’s played 30 games and has a handful of decent scalps…
I should be clear, I'm not making the argument that he is a "champion" right now as it is very early days for his carrer. Just that he is well on the way if people are willing to accept that a champion player doesn't necessarily have to be the 30+ possession, clearance machine that is typically associated with that label. To consistently stop those types would make him equally worthy of it even though it will never make him a Brownlow medalist.

I do not read it as Cryptor saying Finn is our son of a gun star now! Just that he could end up being that player, being the best tagger has him potentially on that path.

Given Finns drive to improve, it could happen! Still a lot to unfold here yet.
I badly hope so. I like him a lot, and I hope he gets there. But he’s at least two strong seasons off it….

I should be clear, I'm not making the argument that he is a "champion" right now as it is very early days for his carrer. Just that he is well on the way if people are willing to accept that a champion player doesn't necessarily have to be the 30+ possession, clearance machine that is typically associated with that label. To consistently stop those types would make him equally worthy of it even though it will never make him a Brownlow medalist.
Let’s talk when he has 70-80 games under his belt.

It’s why I believe that Gary Ablett Jnr was overrated. Yes got a fair amount, but most were 2 touch hospital passes. Players like Greg Williams and Sam Mitchell were far more damaging with their possessions. Cameron Ling was far more damaging by limiting them players, and being able to assert himself into games as well. If Flynn can base himself off Ling, we will have a brilliant player on our hands.

We are due a ‘son of a gun’ who turns out to be a champion. I don’t believe we’ve ever truly had one. We’ve had the odd solid contributor, and several failures. Now is the time for one of these young blokes…
Let's not talk about Josh Kennedy :(

I think 2024 could see Finn take his game to the next level up and have a few more impactful possessions of his own!

I really happy to see he is back at training early! An hopefully hits the 50 game mark in 2024 all going well.
There was an article the other day suggesting the afl may look to remove the sub rule again and have 5 on the bench. I reckon this would bode well for Finn, an extra bench spot makes it easier to justify a designated tagger.

There was an article the other day suggesting the afl may look to remove the sub rule again and have 5 on the bench. I reckon this would bode well for Finn, an extra bench spot makes it easier to justify a designated tagger.

Would be the most amazing news!
Nobody wanted the sub to return.

Fantasy players need to catch a break.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wait wasn't the sub rule brought in to combat flooding as a tactic? Ross is back in business lol

For half a season back in 2014, I thought Will Langford was that going to be that champion. I'll always love him for that few months of brilliance and for his GF performance.

Would have to be one of the most bizarrely short but incredibly good runs of form ever seen in the AFL. He just crushed it for a couple of months and then seemed to lose that form almost as quickly.

We doing rules changes in this thread now? My suggestion would be increase the bench to 9 "Subs" - you come off, you are off until the next break (refreshed every quarter). Unlimited changes at the 1/4, 1/2 and 3/4 time breaks.

Still 36 "in game" interchanges (limited to after goals), with potential for another 27 in the breaks.

We doing rules changes in this thread now? My suggestion would be increase the bench to 9 "Subs" - you come off, you are off until the next break (refreshed every quarter). Unlimited changes at the 1/4, 1/2 and 3/4 time breaks.

Still 36 "in game" interchanges (limited to after goals), with potential for another 27 in the breaks.

No need for ressies comp then?

Nah sorry way to hard for Norf to understand, need to keep it simple for the stupid 🙄

Would have to be one of the most bizarrely short but incredibly good runs of form ever seen in the AFL. He just crushed it for a couple of months and then seemed to lose that form almost as quickly.
Played off confidence and by the end of his career his confidence looked shattered.

In my fictional world we'd increase list sizes to 50, giving plenty of injury cover and space for players who mature a little later. A genuine AFL reserves league playing same locations (even if different grounds) to the seniors.
Like it use to be back in the day! If only!

Screenshot_20231108_235654_Chrome.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back