Unofficial Preview Round 1 Vs Giants - Saturday March 16

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not advocating it for this game due to his limited prep, but the Greene match up should be what Arch is aiming for. None of our other smaller backs would be strong enough to match Greene, and none of the bigger bodies are agile enough. There are a few similar types in other teams that need that negating player on them too. While not there yet, this is the most likely role that gets him regular games.

I'm not advocating it for this game due to his limited prep, but the Greene match up should be what Arch is aiming for. None of our other smaller backs would be strong enough to match Greene, and none of the bigger bodies are agile enough. There are a few similar types in other teams that need that negating player on them too. While not there yet, this is the most likely role that gets him regular games.
100%
Lmac and arch are our lockdown defenders on our list atm

100%
Lmac and arch are our lockdown defenders on our list atm

We don't have any small/medium lockdown defenders on our list at the moment, but Josh Goater is the best prospect we have in this regard.

That’s exactly what lmac and archer are

LMac is washed.
Jackson is a VFL player.

Neither are an AFL-level lockdown defender at this stage of their careers.

One player I expect will play, if he’s fit, is Liam Shiels.

We don't have any small/medium lockdown defenders on our list at the moment, but Josh Goater is the best prospect we have in this regard.
Call me a saddist but I’d love to see Curtis spend a half on him, Just to learn how to play that role. They are similar types of players(physical, cunning mid forwards). We’re not winning the flag this year so let Paul see how the best go about it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Call me a saddist but I’d love to see Curtis spend a half on him, Just to learn how to play that role. They are similar types of players(physical, cunning mid forwards). We’re not winning the flag this year so let Paul see how the best go about it.
Toby would have a fair chance of outscoring us if this happened mate

Thats insane
The El Dude Brothers Peep Show GIF - The El Dude Brothers Peep Show Mark Corrigan GIFs

Out of all the teams in the AFL, this is the one team I'm very cautious about, they are a very good team and last year showed that hunger to nearly make the grand final, I've got a feeling for this game that like in Rocky 3 when we {Rocky} come out swinging, of to a fast start only for GWS {Clubber Lang} to absorb the blows and land some critical blows{goal bursts at important times} and wear us down. This side is a hell of a lot better than St Kilda and they are hungry, you could see that last year, but in saying that its still our best bet, we're not coming from behind to beat this mob, not in this lifetime.

Get of to a fast start, catch them off guard, ride the adrenaline train and keep going and try to hold on, Toby is not their only dangerous forward but he's the matchwinner we have to stop. Imho there are only three guys who get that job, like it or hate it it has to one of them. Bailey Scott, got 5cm over Toby and can defend and run of him in a counter attack at times as well as taking him out of the game, the last two years have done his confidence the world of good and he's one of the three guys that can shut him down.

Josh Goater, athletically and footy nous combined, this man can shut Toby down, gee his ceiling is high, though being so young, concentration will be the key if he gets the job, but other than that, this man is going to be a very important player in this young team going forward, has the height, running power and smarts to do the job.

Lastly, our young champ, Harry Sheezel, would we do it, you bet your bottom dollar we would, he's got the class, around the same height, smarts and can beat him at his own game, remember Toby can get very frustrated at times when things aren't going his way and that can play to our advantage. The start is almost critical for us, we must take them out in the first half and if we do that there is no doubt they will regroup and charge at us in the second half, that is why we must build a lead and then hope to fight them off.
Republican National Convention Rnc GIF by GOP

I reckon GWS play in the GF this year.

I’ll be there with bells on, cheering for an almighty upset, but any result within three goals is a pass mark for me.

Yeah 3 goals would be a very good result, it will be game 2 for GW$, so that imo is a huge advantage.

I think within 5 , but not blown out of the water int he first half would be good.

lmac will for sure
How long we don’t know
Lol Nostradamus. This is a novel position for you to be in. I agree with what you’re saying.

Edit:- I just realised that the above doesn’t read as I meant it. The novel position is that Nostradamus is supporting LMac while loads of people are knocking him. Usually, it’s the reverse.

I agree with what you’re saying about LMac.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Unofficial Preview Round 1 Vs Giants - Saturday March 16

Remove this Banner Ad

Back