Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 27

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I don’t want to harp on this every week but Gold Coast not playing and then offloading highly skilled running machine Sharp still baffles me
Elijah Hollands had 19 and 2 goals in his last full game for Gold Coast. Followed by 33 and 10 tackles in a winning VFL Grand Final. Then they gave him to Carlton for free.

I don’t want to harp on this every week but Gold Coast not playing and then offloading highly skilled running machine Sharp still baffles me
Sharp, Peter Wright, Jack Scrimshaw, Elijah Hollands. The talent that Gold Coast have squandered and then let go for nothing is pretty incredible. Meanwhile Sean Lemmens and Nick Holman have played 250 games between them.

They got 3 premierships before their rebuild and they've got a new coach trying different things.
HAHAHAHA RICHMOND LOLZ

Eh, they got that premiership built on a draft priority pick model that doesn’t exist any more, in a less crowded afl with a draft the second round started at pick 17 at best and pick 20 at worst.

It’s great for them they went from perennial losers to champs, but there’s a good chance they’re shit now for the next 10-50 years while other vic sides have their time at the top.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ll say it again, Josh Treacy is 10x the player Todd Marshmellow is. I’m hoping Lord or Scully can come on so that Todd can see out the remainder of his annual $800k contract in the magoos.

I wonder how long Yze has.
I guess it depends on the story he sold the board, if they all thought they needed a rebuild and what not.

Because they’re fking terrible atm

End of next year.

You don't get a senior coach sacking the club too often and that's pretty much what Hardwick did. Look at them at the end of next year.

Eh, they got that premiership built on a draft priority pick model that doesn’t exist any more, in a less crowded afl with a draft the second round started at pick 17 at best and pick 20 at worst.

It’s great for them they went from perennial losers to champs, but there’s a good chance they’re s**t now for the next 10-50 years while other vic sides have their time at the top.

50 years? How on Earth could you possibly predict that?

I’ll say it again, Josh Treacy is 10x the player Todd Marshmellow is. I’m hoping Lord or Scully can come on so that Todd can see out the remainder of his annual $800k contract in the magoos.
I’ve never been a fan of Marshall and wanted him dumped a couple of years ago when he had value.
Saying that he had a good year before he started hitting his head on anything around him including the ground.
In a lot of ways I worry what’s he going to be like at my age.
Reckon he should think about giving it away.
Very hard decision for someone young and making good money.

That’s first round Collingwood like we beat Brisbane last year first round.
They lost to Carlton and today Sydney who didn’t have there kicking boots on so it was only a 5 goal showdown win.
There’s no premiership there even with there 29 first round draft picks.
Swans are the best non Vic side by a country mile.
You said they looked average every time they played a top side, you were wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back