Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 27

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonights' teams plus last night then throw in Syd Bris Giants et al, even Adelaide and we're finishing 3/5ths of nowhere

Out of draft picks and the roadkill tally mounting it's an alround thanks for nothing Sprinkles.

What exactly do you do when you're doing nothing... without a headset.
Not much. Why do you ask?

At the end of each quarter, Josh sends messages down to Chad, who is sitting behind me. As we walk out to the players, Chad passes the messages on to me. Then, I pass the instructions on to the players. What else do coaches do?

Sometimes, though, I sneak in a "kick it to Charlie" .

COLLINGWOOD forward Lachie Schultz has copped a one-match ban for a strike late in Friday night's win over Carlton, while defender Brayden Maynard has escaped suspension for his dangerous tackle on Matt Owies.

Schultz lashed out at Carlton's Blake Acres off the ball late in the final term, striking him high in the back of the neck/head area and giving away a free kick.
Amazing. In a year where guys can get 4 weeks for being in the wrong place at the wrong time, chasing after someone and punching them in the back of the head is only worth 1 week.

The new Tony Modra
The new Andrew McLeod
The new Mark Ricciuto
The new, new Andrew McLeod
The new Taylor Walker
The new Patrick Dangerfield
The new, new, new Andrew McLeod
The new, new, new, new Andrew McLeod
The new Eddie Betts
The new, new Eddie Betts

The new Rory Sloane

sloane.jpg

Amazing. In a year where guys can get 4 weeks for being in the wrong place at the wrong time, chasing after someone and punching them in the back of the head is only worth 1 week.
Totally agree. This is so much worse than the Callum brown “bump”, and should be the type of act we are trying to stamp out rather than someone being a split second late to a contest. I get that the consequences aren’t as bad but it seems like madness to me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Robbie Gray was taken at 55, so all clubs passed at least twice, and I seem to recall he's not even the highest rated #55. It happens. Stupid for the media to heap the pressure on this early.

God reddit AFL can be really shit sometimes, or rather most of the times. A bit on there recently mocking people who get worked up over footy results and saying it ruins their day/weekend/taking enjoyment from wins and sadness from losing as if we were actually out there playing... the entire thing is a cesspool of casualised theatre goers just there for the good vibes/positive bants/ironic merch/multis (even though they would profess to despise the influence of betting), just awful really. How dare people care about something. What nerds. How detestable for people to find something that means something to them in life.

Last edited:
God reddit AFL can be really s**t sometimes, or rather most of the times. A bit on there recently mocking people who get worked up over footy results and saying it ruins their day/weekend/taking enjoyment from wins and sadness from losing as if we were actually out there playing... the entire thing is a cesspool of casualised theatre goers just there for the good vibes/positive bants/ironic merch/multis (even though they would profess to despise the influence of betting), just awful really. How dare people care about something. What nerds. How detestable for people to find something that means something to them in life.
Yet it is precisely those people (those mocking the ones that care) that the Club is targeting, by addressing everything but the on-field performance.

If there are 1 or two teams from this week's ladder who drop out the 8 y the end of the year it is Port first and then Essendon.

Bulldogs, Fremantle, Suns all capable.

Didn’t Tom Jonas get 6 weeks for basically doing the same thing to that Victorian private school tosser, Andrew Gaff in 2016?

Yet it is precisely those people (those mocking the ones that care) that the Club is targeting, by addressing everything but the on-field performance.
The whole league is targeting, but ours is worse because it's happening so suddenly after a push to emphasize passion and heritage and tradition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back