Toast Welcome to the Temple of Bontempelli, please take off your shoes and pay your respects

Remove this Banner Ad

100% TOG in the last quarter to drag his side across the line - captain, standout teammate, Bullgod

14 disposals
1 goal
1 goal assist
71% efficiency, but 0 turnovers
5 clearances
4 tackles

Did it all over the ground too:
IMG_8215.jpeg

His highlights on the Bulldogs app didn’t even have room for his glorious pirouette through the middle of the ground. What a performance that was. You won’t see many better.
Me too, I thought that graceful manoeuvre was the match highlight.
Left Collingwood "wtf"

He was interviewed on ABC Grandstand at lunchtime. He’s such an intelligent and articulate bloke , if Bev gets eaten by a great white tomorrow I’d be happy for him to captain / coach

Some snippets from the interview- Bont was crook during the week & took some time off . He did not specify what ailed him.

He tries not to be too softly softly or hardarse as a captain but maintain a happy medium . Not Marty Boyd or Bob Murphy , his own style . But he tailors his message to each player.

His highlights on the Bulldogs app didn’t even have room for his glorious pirouette through the middle of the ground. What a performance that was. You won’t see many better.
I broke into hysterics at that move. Who else at more than 190cm and more than 90kg could pull that off with such grace and power.... the answer is nobody!

I broke into hysterics at that move. Who else at more than 190cm and more than 90kg could pull that off with such grace and power.... the answer is nobody!

Can you remember roughly when it happened? I missed a few patches of the game

I remember it as somewhere in the 3rd. Dogs were kicking left of screen & they came home kicking to the right.

Thanks, I missed about the first 10 mins of the 3rd quarter so guess it might have been early

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now in gif form!

ezgif-5-29a83200db.gif

Would have to be the best quarter of football I’ve seen from a dogs player.

We are blessed to be witnessing the Bont become the best dog ever!

Never seen EJ at his peak , but seen all of them them since.
Hawkins was my number one , but St Bont is next level.

Without doubt the best Bulldog ever !

Is Bont on track to go down as the player with the most Brownlow votes who didn't win one?

Bont is 23rd in total most votes with 166. Pendlebury currently the highest with 221 and no win. There’s Brett Harvey Joel Selwood and Lance Franklin with no wins and above him.

Scott West is 20th who was robbed in 2000 and unlucky in 2003

They should award him two, retrospectively.

In all honesty Naicos was gonna win it last year until injury, but Neale getting it for a down season was a joke. But because of the Naicos thing, Bont would have been the lucky one (although deserving).

2021 was the BS one, Wines statistically had a comparable season with Macrae. Very good yes, Brownlow worthy no. He was a lucky recipient due to his teams win/loss ratio, but spare me if you think he had a record equaling, vote getting season.

Kind of hurts that he should basically be a dual Brownlow medallist by now, in bizarro world in 2021 he won the flag, norm smith & Brownlow.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back