Coach Adam Simpson Megathread est. 2017 - Skip to 2024: Simpson coaching tenure officially ends

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poor bloke looks pretty shattered. I hope this at least gives him some relief after having it hanging over him for so long.

Absolutely the right call but bloody tough to see him leaving. No doubting his commitment, his passion and his loyalty to players (sometimes to a fault).

Will never forget the absolute unbridled joy he brought me and so many others in 2018. Absolutely glorious achievement

We are the wokest club in the AFL. We do care about public opinion… maybe too much given how much we bend over for the AFL and our complete lack of fight against the WAFC
Woke.png

It's usually best not to engage with idiots (lest they drag you down to their level), but boy does this board make it hard.

You might wanna spend a few decades supporting a team that doesn’t win flags so you learn to appreciate them a little more.
Perhaps I'll moderate my view if we recover to be competitive sometime in this decade but right now all I see a bloke who held on a couple years after his role become untenable and has left us in complete disarray. You talk of a couple of decades of failure as though that isn't possible from where we are right now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nearly 2 seasons too late. I said it at the time and was told by the majority on here that I was delusional.

Ultimately I am scared for the future. Our best players are Yeo and Gov and are both the wrong side of 30 and held together by a couple of rubber bands and sticky tape. So hopefully our new coach can get the best out of the younger crop otherwise we will find ourselves finishing in the teens for what could be a decade.

A sad ending, but not unexpected, the writing has been on the wall the past fortnight. There was no coming back from the Hawthorn game.

Came into a club and brought rejuvenation, delivering one of the great WCE years in 2015 and then of course the ultimate in 2018 - a day in which we will never forget. A high quality, winning culture for the first part of his tenure, all the while dealing the challenges coaching our club, local media, fan expectation and the fortnightly cross country expeditions.

Forever a West Coast legend. Thank you Simmo 👍

Some people need to pull their heads in. We are better than some of the disgraceful comments I've read in this thread and social media.

Yes the last couple of years have been a disaster. No question. We've also been ridden with the cancer that is Nisbett's boys club and hideous corporate failure and lack of structure throughout the club. We've got players barely holding up their end of the bargain, list management failures and who even knows what our football manager does.

No it's not an opportunity to pile on the bloke personally. Some of the abuse is absolutely feral, our supporters should be better than this. Anyone who thinks he's gone out personally to destroy the club needs to get their head checked. It is the sort of garbage you would expect from a poverty football club, not West Coast.

We needed a change, and it's here. We can now move forward from the trouble we've had over the last few years with a fresh outlook for the future and hopefully some more turnover to come. We can also thank Simmo and be accepting of the fact he's delivered two grand finals and a premiership, he will go down in club history for the right reasons, this will never go away.

No matter which side you're on, you can be positive about what he's delivered to the club in our proud history and hopefully where the club is aiming towards for the next stage.

Cheers Simmo :beercheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back