• Lade

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hinkley

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 7 41.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure if this is the place to post this, but We should never have left Subi.what we did was akin to freo leaving for Cockburn and everything turned to shit after we left.

I don’t believe there weren’t other options around Subi/Wembley or a temporary home before returning to Subi.

Ah well we got Harley
5 GF appearances based at Subi, it was an amazing atmosphere there. Growing up a Subi supporter, I loved the place!

Not sure if this is the place to post this, but We should never have left Subi.what we did was akin to freo leaving for Cockburn and everything turned to shit after we left.

I don’t believe there weren’t other options around Subi/Wembley or a temporary home before returning to Subi.

Ah well we got Harley

The land at Subiaco was too valuable to be used as a training base once it was no longer a playing stadium. Plus we didn’t own it anyway

There’s no vacant land sizeable enough in that Subi/Wembley area suitable for a training base the size of Lathlain with two ovals. And good luck dealing with the town councils trying to develop something in that area - Vic Park were bad enough but the likes of Subiaco, Vincent and Cambridge are a disaster

I’m not saying Lathlain is perfect but the club spent a lot of time researching where to set up a new base post Subiaco so it’s fair to say they felt that was the best available option

Hinkley brings in an old tired Dixon and Scott leaves out Tommahawk! Sums it up!!
Well summarised. One brave/correct decision rewarded, one cowardly/predictable one rightly punished.

Do y'all think Schofield is still in the running for our Coach?
I'm just curious about length of process, but it seems like if it was going to be him it's the one that can already be announced.
If he is in the top 4 or 8 and they want to see all the other pitches first I also get it.

Even with our premiership sides in 92 and 94 we didn’t do too well at the Cattery and many of our sides after that - in fact think we have only ever won there on the one occasion in 2006 and even then had to come from 54 points down halfway through the third quarter, so before we even set foot there in the last game of the season knew we were on a hiding to nothing, particularly with no Guv and no Barrass.
The way Geelong destroyed Port shines a bit of a better light on our R24 belting, particularly going there with a very young and inexperienced team.

Sounds like Geelong in Geelong is a frontier we have to break.

I'm just curious about length of process, but it seems like if it was going to be him it's the one that can already be announced.
If he is in the top 4 or 8 and they want to see all the other pitches first I also get it.
Just guessing, of course, but I would say Schofield is still in the running.

None of those he is up against has a better cv than him. They may have been assistant AFL coaches for longer and at more clubs but none have coached their own second tier teams for as long and to the same success that Schofield has.
On face value, I can’t see why any of them would be a better coach than him.

They may want someone who hasn’t been at the club for the last few annus horriblus, and he can’t do anything about that.

I would say they haven’t announced him even if he was their choice because they want to go through what is seen to be a thorough process. I suspect McQualter and Montgomery may be his strongest competition, although perhaps there are some dark horses in the mix.

It would be a brave move to go with Schofield but on balance he may be the best choice.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't know whats more BF

People basing their new coach preferences off one game, or blaming moving away from the crapheap that was Subi Oval as the reason we suck now

Never, ever change
I know right, it's pretty f**ken clear that the reason we suck now is because of the shitty, shitty Birds of Tokyo song

The land at Subiaco was too valuable to be used as a training base once it was no longer a playing stadium. Plus we didn’t own it anyway

There’s no vacant land sizeable enough in that Subi/Wembley area suitable for a training base the size of Lathlain with two ovals. And good luck dealing with the town councils trying to develop something in that area - Vic Park were bad enough but the likes of Subiaco, Vincent and Cambridge are a disaster

I’m not saying Lathlain is perfect but the club spent a lot of time researching where to set up a new base post Subiaco so it’s fair to say they felt that was the best available option
I understand the owners of Subi - the council - have always been problematic for football in general. A quick search on near map would identify options, and I suspect the club paid good people to identify options. We can wonder what the criteria were?

I understand the owners of Subi - the council - have always been problematic for football in general. A quick search on near map would identify options, and I suspect the club paid good people to identify options. We can wonder what the criteria were?
We should have got on to Twiggy when Rugby Australia gave him and his cash the bird. Could have had a waterfront Cottesloe facility.

What evidence do we have that Stephen King would be any good as the head coach of an AFL team?
I don't know, but the role of the consultants will be to gather and value evidence to support the clubs decision. In to business world you would expect psychological testing (as a part of the investigations) to be included in such a search. Footy is business!

Last edited:
Schofield has probably already presented (same with McQualter) because they aren't coaching finals teams but given the other candidates wouldn't have been able to yet then the club wouldn't be able to make a decision.

It still very well may be Schofield but until they get a chance to hear guys like Montgomery and King present to the board then they won't be able to make the call.

I think Schofield is done. Not through lack of merit but just from a necessary hard reset of the whole football program.

I think Schofield will make an excellent head coach when he gets his opportunity from what we've seen of his demeanor.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Coach for 2025

Back