Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

What's going on with the crowds for these "big Victorian" clubs?

I know it was against Adelaide but only 36 000.
And the Crows had a fair bit of support as well.
Because Vic club supporters are complete bandwagoners, unlike our mighty Eagles fans who turn up no matter how shit the team is.

May or may not have anything to do with seated membership prices...

What's going on with the crowds for these "big Victorian" clubs?

I know it was against Adelaide but only 36 000.
And the Crows had a fair bit of support as well.
Bad timeslot probably.

Or school holidays.

Too early maybe? Sorry, I mean too late for the country crowd.

Origin was on, I mean uh…basketba…soccer. Sporting capital of the world mate we can’t all go to the footy.

36k nearly double Richmond’s MCG crowd last Sunday, so if these trends continue…

A lot of very concerned people who were triggered and offended on behalf of another group of people.
People with a voice using it to speak up for those without isn’t being triggered or offended.

Back in my day it was called sticking up for the underdog. Times change I guess.

Bad timeslot probably.

Or school holidays.

Origin was on, I mean uh…basketba…soccer. Sporting capital of the world mate we can’t all go to the footy.

36k nearly double Richmond’s MCG crowd last Sunday, so if these trends continue…
Vividly remember last year when we got 36 000 against GC.
Kane Cornes "Their crowds are really dropping off".

Two weeks ago, when North beat the GC.
David King "The North supporters are coming along for the ride".
17 000

Last week, 19 000 for Richmond vs GWS.

Fair enough.......

Last edited:
Bad timeslot probably.

Or school holidays.

Last week the current wooden spooners had over 40k attend. During the school holidays when most of the Western Suburbs were still down at Legal Bay, and it was forecast to be chucking it down with rain, against a top 8 team that was widely predicted to pump us hard.

#notconsideredabigteam

Vividly remember last year when we got 36 000 against GC.
Kane Cornes "Their crowds are really dropping off".

Two weeks ago, when North beat the GC.
David King "The North supporters are coming along for the ride".
!7 000

Last week, 19 000 for Richmond vs GWS.

Fair enough.......

To be fair, Kane also (a few times from memory) called WC supporters easily the best and most loyal in the league

cant wait til we have stirring victories like Adelaide did tonight.

They keep backing their kids in.

We need to first get good kids lol

Sent from my SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Just watched the replay on Fox, gee Nick Martin does the old Shuey duck and shrug every time he is tackled.

Scott actually has them all well trained, Merrett with a nice flop after Caldwell concussion tackle nearby put it away for the Dive Bombers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would be more useful to us than Culley if we’d picked him instead. but given he bailed on Essendon to go to Hawthorn, I assume he would have left WC also. Ended up being exactly what we needed though
Yeah the injury crisis really made the list and development problems worse. Missing out on Massimo and getting Culley looks like another miss. Hopefully Culley shows a bit more than he currently is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back