List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Should we have done more to keep Adam’s and Ollie Henry?

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com
Imagine the carry on in here if we gave Adams a three year deal.
He was already one of the biggest whipping boys.

Others have given reasons why it isn’t the case. Anyway, I do believe Collingwood should have moved on from GW for the obvious reason.
One of the posts of the year, the obvious reason that isn't obvious! Question for you, why would you move on from a footy GM who just won a flag?

If the Suns don't get Dusty, I'd be asking Elliott if he wants to go up north and pad his retirement fund for a couple of seasons. GC are a bit limited in the small forward department, compared to their glut of mids who would be walk up starts with us. Could be beneficial for all parties with GC on the rise and us needing quality youth

If the Suns don't get Dusty, I'd be asking Elliott if he wants to go up north and pad his retirement fund for a couple of seasons. GC are a bit limited in the small forward department, compared to their glut of mids who would be walk up starts with us. Could be beneficial for all parties with GC on the rise and us needing quality youth
No.
I can’t lose another spirit animal.
Jamie stays.

One of the posts of the year, the obvious reason that isn't obvious! Question for you, why would you move on from a footy GM who just won a flag?
Bc he tendered his resignation
How often in any industry does it turn out well?

Btw I don’t want him to go but the guy has burn out / or wants to pursue other interests / careers / roles / clubs — who knows?
This may not end well and then we’re 12 months behind in finding a replacement

Has his departure vacuum created tension in other areas of the club - Leppich / Bolton?
Should we have filled it and had someone on-site directing traffic throughout the year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a shame the way it's worked out with the Schulz trade, but thems the breaks. Should of worked harder to use last years 1st rounder, rather than a future.
Pretty clear we can't challenge with current list and there isn't much coming through, so to save a long decline and risk getting caught up in compromised drafts, they may need to consider options to bring in some high end talent, including releasing those with trade value, IQ, JDG. I can't bring myself to consider McCreery or Maynard.
Delicate line though, as soon as there is a whisper you are pushing out players you get screwed in the trade, as we have found from recent experience, but we need to target a way to time the next upswing with Nick entering his prime. Interesting off season ahead

I have attached a spreadsheet of Collingwood and Geelong's Draft & Trade picks since 2011. Geelong appear to draft for needs and have only traded out their 1st round pick for once in a generation players such as Dangerfield & Cameron. We on the other hand appear to toss it out like confetti at a wedding

Attachments

• Cwood - Geelong Draft Trades since 2011.xlsx
    21.3 KB · Views: 11
Guess that depends if you believe people who post anonymous internet rumours.
Must be why he also signed a five-year contract extension in January 2024 keeping him at the club until at least the end of 2029.

And took on a leadership role.

Sounds real disgruntled & sooking it up about how the club treated Ginni & him going to the Hawks 🙄

Some of the BS on bf today. I've heard IQ wants leave, let's get rid of Fly, Billy, Jordy, Moore, Schultz, Leggy, Noble, Beau, Cameron, retire all the players over 30, sack Josh Fraser, get rid of Wright, Hine.. we want top draft picks, but don't want to drop down the ladder, we won a premiership last year yet apparently were rotting at the same time. Fk me.

Last edited:
Isn't this McCreerys first year of an extended run through the middle? I'd give him time. Look at other mids being in the guts for longer and not having a breakout for a few years. He'll get there. IF he wanted to go back home then fair enough but no to throwing him under the bus. A mid bull he will be with speed. He's a gift!
100% agree, need to throw Reef into the same equation, both to train the whole preseason as mids.
If we can get big improvements from McCreery, Reef and Allan next year as mids, we'll go a long way in regenerating our midfield depth.

We drafted for depth with Reef and fin, they just haven't come on. All the other depth players we either traded or drafted haven't come on either or are injured all the time, ala Krueger and Carmichael.
We've had two retirements with Murph and Carmichael. Murph was a great defender with Moore. IQ is having a dog of a year, it happens. We're undersized in every area and getting easily exposed.
Begg and Johnson won't make it. Both big boys but cannot cut it. There's two more, one defender/ruck, one forward. Miochek has been injured on and off, our no.1 forward, even though he is undersized at 192cm.
Ryan and Markov as running defenders have been non-existent. Two blokes over the 200cm mark, Steene, Cox, injured.
We've lacked forwards, rucks, defenders all year. It's amazing we've made it this far with a few wins. Most of the list is inexperienced or having an off year.
On the plus side, Harvey Harrison and Joe Richards are having a good year. We need to look forward and stop thinking about 2023. Darcy Cameron has tried his guts out all year too and deserves recognition.
It's been a crappy year for our list which is very evident with our on field performances.
We have serious issues moving forward, the older brigade are nearing the end, much quicker than anticipated and we don't have much in their place. We lack the leg speed and I believe this comes down to the aging list.
I would give Howe and Pendles another year but Sidey might need a tap on the shoulder.

We may also need to start blooding the kids earlier which will mean ensuring our development team are at the top of their game.

Schultz will be 28 next year. If someone offers us a 2nd rounder for him this year, I think we cut our losses and pull the trigger. With the age of our list, we can’t afford to have another barren draft. We also must remember there’s only a couple of uncompromised drafts left until Tassie come in. We don’t want to be wanting multiple/high draft picks in two years time.

Bc he tendered his resignation
How often in any industry does it turn out well?

Btw I don’t want him to go but the guy has burn out / or wants to pursue other interests / careers / roles / clubs — who knows?
This may not end well and then we’re 12 months behind in finding a replacement

Has his departure vacuum created tension in other areas of the club - Leppich / Bolton?
Should we have filled it and had someone on-site directing traffic throughout the year?
Cool story or he went to the club and said I'm a burnt out and need some time off and the club gave it to him after winning a flag as footy GM with a view to him continuing in 2025. You've let the BS media speculation get to you, newsflash, they'll do or say anything to white ant the club and trigger gullible supporters.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back