List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Schultz will be 28 next year. If someone offers us a 2nd rounder for him this year, I think we cut our losses and pull the trigger. With the age of our list, we can’t afford to have another barren draft. We also must remember there’s only a couple of uncompromised drafts left until Tassie come in. We don’t want to be wanting multiple/high draft picks in two years time.
How often do clubs acquire a player for one year? We're not Melbourne, Shooter will only get better with our group so your ridiculous trade suggestion has a zero % chance of happening.

We always lose trades

Can’t hold our nerve
We’ve had some stinkers. Added ball and jolly and won the 2010 flag.

Added Mitchell and hill for peanuts and won the 2023 flag.

Disgraceful this club.

If only we were as good as the blues, bombers or the saints. Just winners they are

Haynes 38 in the VFL, clearly got some good footy left in him.

Stone 33 disposals too just quietly...

We need a taller lock down KPD, not a 33 year old interceptor especially if we're giving our current 34 year old interceptor another year. If Howe hangs up the boots then yeah pick up Haynes as a DFA.

I don't see the attraction in Stone apart from being an ex-first round pick, he's never produced much even in the handful of games when he's gotten at least a half on on the ground.

We’ve had some stinkers. Added ball and jolly and won the 2010 flag.

Added Mitchell and hill for peanuts and won the 2023 flag.

Disgraceful this club.

If only we were as good as the blues, bombers or the saints. Just winners they are
Yes that’s correct but you’ve cherry picked the good ones

And left out some

Stephenson
Treloar
Beams second time
Henry
Schultz

Yes that’s correct but you’ve cherry picked the good ones
And all people are doing on here is cherry picking the bad. There’s good and bad, like any club. Confirmation bias is big in this thread.
No club is perfect, there’s swings and roundabouts. Perfect example the beams trades. We won the first, lost the second.

FA cupboard is looking really bare this year for potential lockdown KPD options, maybe Tomlinson as the only viable 2024 FA but he's undersized at 194cm and brings obvious injury risk.

2025's FA class isn't much better, maybe Oscar McDonald as someone with enough size who has done the job well previously, albeit 5-6 years ago now, but he's still only 28.

Not excited at either one of those, but it's an indication how how deep we are in the shit when it comes to the KPD department, nobody coming along internally and not much out there on the FA market for us to bring in.

Should we have done more to keep Adam’s and Ollie Henry?

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com
Couldn't do anything about Henry. He always wanted to play with the Cats. We probably should never have selected him in the first place.

Adams wanted more $ & a longer contract. With his injury history, I'm not surprised we didn't offer him more to stay. And if he was sooking about his role at the club, then he didn't really want to stay anyway.

Couldn't do anything about Henry. He always wanted to play with the Cats. We probably should never have selected him in the first place.
F that EM.
It’s a national comp and only wanting to play for one club is virtually draft tampering.
After that Cats refused to give a F1 or one of the players we wanted, we should have sent him to the draft. The value he yielded was nothing to future trading power we’d have had developed.

It’s a real shame that this draft was at the end of the Bucks era and not start of Fly’s.
Holmes might have been more of a chance.

F that EM.
It’s a national comp and only wanting to play for one club is virtually draft tampering.
After that Cats refused to give a F1 or one of the players we wanted, we should have sent him to the draft. The value he yielded was nothing to future trading power we’d have had developed.

It’s a real shame that this draft was at the end of the Bucks era and not start of Fly’s.
F what? If Henry was always going to want to play at Geelong, and we knew that, it was a waste picking him in the first place. That's just common sense. Wasted 2-3 years on him for nothing.

Besides he's been their sub the past few weeks anyway. Reading the Cats board, there are plenty of Cats supporters who think he's lazy & doesn't apply enough pressure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

F what? If Henry was always going to want to play at Geelong, and we knew that, it was a waste picking him in the first place. That's just common sense. Wasted 2-3 years on him for nothing.

Besides he's been their sub the past few weeks anyway. Reading the Cats board, there are plenty of Cats supporters who think he's lazy & doesn't apply enough pressure.
He doesn’t get to make that choice
Imagine if we somehow convince the top 5 picks this year that they’ll only play for us in 2 years - does everyone pick other players or only extract pick 26 from us?
Apologies, I’m using snark but I don’t like players doing this in the draft system.

I thought he played really well for us - won a couple virtually off his own boot
But I’d have picked him
  • try to get him to stay
  • extract a great price at trade table (this was our real error / fail)

I have attached a spreadsheet of Collingwood and Geelong's Draft & Trade picks since 2011. Geelong appear to draft for needs and have only traded out their 1st round pick for once in a generation players such as Dangerfield & Cameron. We on the other hand appear to toss it out like confetti at a wedding
Why are you holding up Geel as the standard given between 2010-2023 we’ve won the same number of flags.
That suggests they don’t have a superior approach.

Obviously a lot of doom and gloom talk at the moment, but things change quickly in this sport.

Injuries took their toll on us this season and I think with a full off-season, an easier fixture by not making the finals and hopefully some luck with health, we can rebound and compete for top 4 next season.

Yes, we need to look at the midfield set up, but a healthy Mitchell & fit DeGoey should hopefully go a long way to addressing the clear issues we have in there at the moment. Maynard & Beau are other options to consider in giving some life internally to that midfield.

We need a key defender, which would be my top priority. Does the emergency of Lobb as a key defender mean we can come back in play for Barrass if the bulldogs interest in him cools? Below could be a best case starting 23 with that recruitment.

B: I.Quaynor - T.Barrass - J.Howe
HB: J.Crisp - D.Moore - B.Maynard
C: J.Daicos - T.Mitchell - W.Hoskin-Elliott
HF: L.Schulz - B.Mihocek - B.McCreery
F: B.Hill - D.McStay - J.Elliott
R: D.Cameron - J.DeGoey - N.Daicos
I: S.Sidebottom - S.Pendlebury - M.Cox - P.Lipinski
S: H.Harrison
EMG: J.Richards - J.Noble - N.Kreuger

Obviously a lot of doom and gloom talk at the moment, but things change quickly in this sport.

Injuries took their toll on us this season and I think with a full off-season, an easier fixture by not making the finals and hopefully some luck with health, we can rebound and compete for top 4 next season.

Yes, we need to look at the midfield set up, but a healthy Mitchell & fit DeGoey should hopefully go a long way to addressing the clear issues we have in there at the moment. Maynard & Beau are other options to consider in giving some life internally to that midfield.

We need a key defender, which would be my top priority. Does the emergency of Lobb as a key defender mean we can come back in play for Barrass if the bulldogs interest in him cools? Below could be a best case starting 23 with that recruitment.

B: I.Quaynor - T.Barrass - J.Howe
HB: J.Crisp - D.Moore - B.Maynard
C: J.Daicos - T.Mitchell - W.Hoskin-Elliott
HF: L.Schulz - B.Mihocek - B.McCreery
F: B.Hill - D.McStay - J.Elliott
R: D.Cameron - J.DeGoey - N.Daicos
I: S.Sidebottom - S.Pendlebury - M.Cox - P.Lipinski
S: H.Harrison
EMG: J.Richards - J.Noble - N.Kreuger
We are going to need at least 1 or 2 quality midfielders or otherwise that side is pretty much what we have this year

Let us not question the trade or draft decisions of the past, friends. Let us have faith in our leaders and their unimpeachable records.

A couple of free agents here, a couple of free agents there and we will be back basking in Premiership glory in 2025. Rory Lobb, Clayton Oliver, maybe we can even see if Mitch Robinson wants to come out retirement. We'll be back on the horse in no time.

reverend-jim-jones.gif

F that EM.

What did we do with the pick we got for him? I think it was used to select Jacob Ryan.

Let us not question the trade or draft decisions of the past, friends. Let us have faith in our leaders and their unimpeachable records.

A couple of free agents here, a couple of free agents there and we will be back basking in Premiership glory in 2025. Rory Lobb, Clayton Oliver, maybe we can even see if Mitch Robinson wants to come out retirement. We'll be back on the horse in no time.

reverend-jim-jones.gif
Yuk. What a trio of dipsticks.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back