Review Dees in hell to the tune of 50!

Remove this Banner Ad

I think our best is good enough to win the flag. Some of the football we played in that first qtr was scintillating.

But I doubt we are old enough and battle-hardened enough to bring our best for 4 weeks straight in the heat of finals. You never know, but I think it might be a year too early for us, which is a shame considering how open the comp is this year.
It's the definition of window open.

Any time we're a chance from now on we can pull it out and win it. It's what I love and hate about our sudden death system.

We've moved into contender territory.

It's the definition of window open.

Any time we're a chance from now on we can pull it out and win it. It's what I love and hate about our sudden death system.

We've moved into contender territory.

How good is it that we are in contender territory! What a year to enjoy the footy!

Our best players are in the most part 26 and under. A good many under 23. LFG!!

By the way I don’t want to hear anymore of this “we are still a year or 2 away from contending” crap.

With how even this season is and how good we’ve looked at our best, there is absolutely no reason why we can’t win a flag this year. I understand that’s a foreign concept for some Freo fans, I get it - our track record isn’t great. But to essentially write us off when we are very much in the race is a losers mindset. Have some belief.

Are we the complete team? No. But what team is? Even Sydney have proven that they aren’t invincible in the past month.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What happened to Freddy's goal kicking today? He is usually pretty dependable.
How good was it seeing Freddy getting so many opportunities!
That's my metric because goal accuracy comes and goes. Effort is forever and he had lot's of really good involvement in the play.

How good was it seeing Freddy getting so many opportunities!
That's my metric because goal accuracy comes and goes. Effort is forever and he had lot's of really good involvement in the play.
I thought he was more involved today too. Got a tackle. Missed out on any goals but the best he's looked in 6 or 7 weeks.

On Pixel 7 using BigFooty.com mobile app

By the way I don’t want to hear anymore of this “we are still a year or 2 away from contending” crap.

With how even this season is and how good we’ve looked at our best, there is absolutely no reason why we can’t win a flag this year. I understand that’s a foreign concept for some Freo fans, I get it - our track record isn’t great. But to essentially write us off when we are very much in the race is a losers mindset. Have some belief.

Are we the complete team? No. But what team is? Even Sydney have proven that they aren’t invincible in the past month.

Exactly. We’re in the top 4 with 5 weeks to go this year. Who knows what 2 years time will look like? On paper we should be better. But maybe we get a lot of key injuries. Maybe some players leave.

Being #1 for clearances with daylight second shows how our midfield stacks up right now - not just in 2 years time. We need to finish top 4 first to open up a path to the flag but this team is absolutely capable.

17 goals has done some damage to my credit card for Starlight, didn’t see that coming - esp with the weather. 100% would do it again for a win like that.
I told my son that the Starlight Kids get money every time Freo scores a goal... and he got disgusted that Melbourne was trying to stop us scoring. 😂

Exactly. We’re in the top 4 with 5 weeks to go this year. Who knows what 2 years time will look like? On paper we should be better. But maybe we get a lot of key injuries. Maybe some players leave.

Being #1 for clearances with daylight second shows how our midfield stacks up right now - not just in 2 years time. We need to finish top 4 first to open up a path to the flag but this team is absolutely capable.

Spot on. It’s always “next year” for some Freo fans. Why not this year? The future is uncertain, but what is certain is we are looking like a top 4 team this year on various metrics. We finish strong in this next month and a flag is absolutely a very real possibility.

Why hedge your bets on the future when the now is happening right in front of us?

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Dees in hell to the tune of 50!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back