Autopsy Freo Tame The Tigs By 51 points in the Rain

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m cold, wet and a little drunk but all things considered seemed a nice professional win that I’m not going to rush to watch replays of

Treacy is turning in to a monster. He's everything we wished Taberner was. Always been super hard at it, but now the hands are sticky and he's kicking so accurately. You can just see the confidence growing as he realises he can become one of the best forwards in the league.

Johnson was really impressive tonight. Been super high on his potential but felt he has stagnated lately. Tonight he was brilliant, sometimes it feels like he has a little too much composure for the seniors, but aced everything tonight.

Very happy with the result. Carlton loss is massive. We would be 6 points clear in second if we didn't get robbed against them.

Sturt is clearly hampered by that bandaged knee, was not running well tonight and I could see it shaking.
He was so proppy in Q1 but thought he got better as the game went on in terms of run and hunt. Chronic inflammation/scar tissue from that historic meniscus tear I assume. Painful! Didn't hit the score board but he's a great ball user - a lot of smart handballs that set up goals

Treacy is turning in to a monster. He's everything we wished Taberner was. Always been super hard at it, but now the hands are sticky and he's kicking so accurately. You can just see the confidence growing as he realises he can become one of the best forwards in the league.

Johnson was really impressive tonight. Been super high on his potential but felt he has stagnated lately. Tonight he was brilliant, sometimes it feels like he has a little too much composure for the seniors, but aced everything tonight.

Very happy with the result. Carlton loss is massive. We would be 6 points clear in second if we didn't get robbed against them.
Honestly I think he was just being played out of position due to glut of mids, but now with the forward rotation he's playing more inside and showing he's a gun. The good thing is his time on the wing will make him more balanced long term. The JLo master plan builds...

Ironic that it is less slippery when wet.
I was on the ground tonight helping with the Freo banner so I got to see the turf first hand. The wing was patchy and definitely doesn't match the amount of money spent on the stadium. They poked holes in the turf to absorb the water which is why it was less slippery tonight.

Couple of observations from the game.

Sharp - forget the stats. Was working hard defensively when on the opposite wing. Was hardly required because our defense held up. Would then switch to the skinny side and swap with an actual defender and would rarely see it because our inside mids would go through others. Once I noticed it I couldn’t unnoticed it. Did it ALL GAME and would’ve seemed like he was no where near it when watching on tv.

Jackson - Great game at ground level but he’s being destroyed when the ball is in the air. Seeks body contact and just isn’t giving us a contest.

Ground level inside 50m. We actually isolate our forwards. I know it looks bad when the ball hits the ground and we have no crumbers, but they’re leading up or standing in pockets of space. I actually really like it. Again on tv you would probably scream ‘where’s our crumbing forwards’ but I can assure you our forward line is working like a unit.

Look, it was only Richmond, but the system is coming together. We blew numerous opportunities in the 4th. Guys were open everywhere in our front half and we just seemed to hit the wrong options.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was on the ground tonight helping with the Freo banner so I got to see the turf first hand. The wing was patchy and definitely doesn't match the amount of money spent on the stadium. They poked holes in the turf to absorb the water which is why it was less slippery tonight.
it didn't appear to be as bad as the GC game?

Does anyone know why Jackson jumps early when rucking? Almost always mistimed it so it must be instructed.
He does even when going for marks. Timing is off somehow.

I doubt the TV shows how horrible the conditions were. Wind felt like it blew in from Antarctica and was strong enough to be blowing rubbish all over the place. On/off rain kept it greasy.

Good professional win all things considered

It was quite cozy in the corporate box Snuff 😎

For those that weren’t there, I am going to second the view that the conditions were diabolical. In the second half the wind was moving the ball almost at right angles. And it was arctic. It was a good, professional performance in those conditions.
Shouldn't be missed that Richmond really gave it a go as well. That was a 50 point win, in horrible conditions against a side that genuinely wanted but it were completely outclassed.

All things considered, EXTREMELY exciting for where this group is going. David Walls needs a statue because the talent we have is unreal.

Couple of observations from the game.

Sharp - forget the stats. Was working hard defensively when on the opposite wing. Was hardly required because our defense held up. Would then switch to the skinny side and swap with an actual defender and would rarely see it because our inside mids would go through others. Once I noticed it I couldn’t unnoticed it. Did it ALL GAME and would’ve seemed like he was no where near it when watching on tv.

Nah, could tell Sharp was awesome on tv.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Freo Tame The Tigs By 51 points in the Rain

Remove this Banner Ad

Back