Autopsy Swans lose to Dogs by plenty

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey lads, I come in peace. I thought you were really in the game but the umpiring was so one-sided, it completely affected the outcome. Hopefully there is less disgraceful umpiring going forward so that you are competitive.
Finally someone said it

• As bad a performance as I've seen from us, outside of grand finals. Weak tackling. Diabolically bad skills. Shocking Ball Security. Lucky it was only a 39 point margin. That St Kilda loss looking like it may come back to sting come end of season, I'd like to think we'll win the last 2 games but **** at this rate we might need to just for top 4. Melican injury just another sour note, it was probably inevitable with him but still disappointing. Hopefully low grade, and we get all these guys back before finals.
  • Pathetic start....a-****ing-gain. It is farcical that we still can't rock up to start games after losing 3 games cause of the starts. Just no intent whatsoever in first qtrs, just chip it around meaninglessly, bomb down the line....basically just watch the opposition throw all the punches, don't even try to throw one back. Don't even bother tackling anymore apparently.
  • Some of our bottom 6'ers need a good audit, there's a couple I'd seriously worry about in finals. Campbell needs to go find some form in the VFL he's too talented to be so meh.
  • There's still enough time to regain form, but **** you'd want to start as of next week. The only optimistic thing I can say about todays result, is hopefully that was the final kick up the ass they needed. Shouldn't have needed another after 3 losses in 4 games, but maybe the fact they were close loses gave them an out, and this one will actually trigger a response from the players.....one can hope, but jeez if we start poorly again next week after todays embarrassment it's hard to make a case that we're actually capable of fixing this.
  • Roberts was good, some of his kicking was deplorable but he gave the effort required. A bit of a indictment on the others. Heeney good also, but a bit of a lone hand. Gulden got a lot of ball but not his greatest game. Our mids were smashed really, didn't give our forwards a chance at all.
  • Some of our defenders are horribly out of form. Blakey has been a star but is way off, I'd like to ask him what boots he's wearing though cause he must slip over more than any other player in the league. McCartin ideally would a be 2nd tall not the number one man, but still he's better than he's playing and we seriously need him to get in some form, ateast his marking was better today. Melican going to be a big loss he was the only defender who's really been in form.

Adams can piss off. His kicking is probably the worst I've ever seen from a swans player.

And we have had Irishmen, Canadians and Andrew dunkley play for the club
Adams was from from our worst, probably one of our best if anything. Yeah he butchered a few, but it was under immense pressure. Everyone did.

Reality is we got taught a lesson today. They out worked us as a team and it left a warrior in Adams out to dry.

Didn't show up.

Got jumped at the start.

Seniors didn't stand up.

Capped off a poor six or so weeks.

Not sure where to start but mentality needs to be adjusted. Just no fight.
We did not chase from the start. Lazy, crap forward set ups, bombing long all day. Just dreadful. No effort at all. I don't care who you lose, you work around it. We did none of Thad & it wasn't"t just the players fault. The mids mix was all wrong. The forward to backs mix was wrong & also, from the first quarter, the backs to forward mix was wrong. We were sucked into the mix they wanted, not what we wanted. The coaches were totally outcoached.

Need to think about what we are doing out there. Why are players playing? I am astounded at the lack of footy nous by our experienced players today.

On CPH2471 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Well we didn't lose a game when Francis was Rampe's replacement aye... :cool:

Did alright when he was in the seniors, didn't expect him to be May or Weitering but he was fine. But that was earlier in the season when the defenders weren't left in a helpless position.

Our reaction seems to be to hold possession at all costs lot of chip kicks, lot of going wide, then we eventually go long usually to an opposition player who has no pressure on him, the teams will clog the corridor and force a contest and back themselves to outwork us.
I have no problem with lots of chip kicks if the work rate is up. As we showed in the second quarter against the Lions last week, we have the skills to use it as a way to score and control a game that isn't flowing. But it isn't going to work if we aren't making space and leading, and aren't progressing the ball up the field.

We must be so easy to defend against most of the time - our three tall forwards roam between anonymous and mildly decent most weeks, with one usually okay, one just okay and one in poor mode. They are all good enough to make space and be the man on the end of a low accurate kick, not trying to pull miracle marks down from a contest involving 354 players.

It all comes back to work rate and desire and effort.

At the ground it just felt like we were boys against men. Our pressure early was poor and theirs was great. It never really changed. In my opinion, they are the biggest threat to the flag. I hope we don’t have to play them again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have no problem with lots of chip kicks if the work rate is up. As we showed in the second quarter against the Lions last week, we have the skills to use it as a way to score and control a game that isn't flowing. But it isn't going to work if we aren't making space and leading, and aren't progressing the ball up the field.

We must be so easy to defend against most of the time - our three tall forwards roam between anonymous and mildly decent most weeks, with one usually okay, one just okay and one in poor mode. They are all good enough to make space and be the man on the end of a low accurate kick, not trying to pull miracle marks down from a contest involving 354 players.

It all comes back to work rate and desire and effort.

I think it's just having our best player standing calling for it wide on the boundary for a short chip pass is haunting me

Hey lads, I come in peace. I thought you were really in the game but the umpiring was so one-sided, it completely affected the outcome. Hopefully there is less disgraceful umpiring going forward so that you are competitive.
Go away

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Swans lose to Dogs by plenty

Remove this Banner Ad

Back