Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 28

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't mind a late win like that for the Saints. Gives them some belief. It's not like they're North winning a pointless late season game to lose Harley Reid, 5 to 7 isn't the end of the world.

I dont think they'll take much belief from beating a Carlton side with a really lengthy injury list. It was a sugar hit win for them when they thought they denied Carlton a top 8 spot. When that proved untrue 3 hours later, it took the satisfaction away.

Pick 5 or Pick 7 could be the difference between getting the player you need position wise, and taking the best available.

Only 3 Finals at the MCG this season.

1 EF
1 SF or PF
GF

Thus, the AFL will probably adopt the Wildcard Final as soon as next season.

Last edited:
Thursday, 7.40pm Adelaide Oval Second qualifying final (2nd v 3rd): Port Adelaide v Geelong
Friday, 7.40pm, MCG Second elimination final (6th v 7th): Western Bulldogs v Hawthorn
Saturday, 3.20pm, SCG First qualifying final (1st vs 4th): Sydney Swans v GWS Giants
Saturday, 7.30pm, Gabba First elimination final (5th vs 8th): Brisbane Lions v Carlton

I don't mind a late win like that for the Saints. Gives them some belief. It's not like they're North winning a pointless late season game to lose Harley Reid, 5 to 7 isn't the end of the world.
I just liked that they never gave up in a game that really had nothing on the line for them. If I was a Saints supporter I'd be pleased with that. Bit like our last game in *2011 at AO, plenty of people said we should tank for the draft pick, but that win made that day a very special one.

Last edited:
I just liked that they never gave up in a game that really had nothing on the line for them. If I was a Saints supporter I'd be pleased with that. Bit like our last game in 2012 at AO, plenty of people said we should tank for the draft pick, but that win made that day a very special one.

2011*

We avoided the spoon and still got the player we wanted in the draft (Wingard)

All St. Kilda did yesterday was go from 14th to 12th.

St Kilda's media team posted a tweet naming the clubs that could thank them for winning the Carlton game. So much to be proud of, being a doormat most of the year, costing yourself two places in the draft, but hey get one over Carlton which made no difference in the end anyway.

All kinds of sad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just liked that they never gave up in a game that really had nothing on the line for them. If I was a Saints supporter I'd be pleased with that. Bit like our last game in 2012 at AO, plenty of people said we should tank for the draft pick, but that win made that day a very special one.

Agree fully.

Sometimes you just have to tank and it's a blunder not to. North with Harley Reid last year for example where they just had to lose to get a generational talent.

But when we're talking about moving from 5th to 7th, just ****ing win. Play your guts out to win and remember the following season that your best is good enough. Saints supporters will remember that Higgins snap for a long time.

St Kilda's media team posted a tweet naming the clubs that could thank them for winning the Carlton game. So much to be proud of, being a doormat most of the year, costing yourself two places in the draft, but hey get one over Carlton which made no difference in the end anyway.

All kinds of sad.
Its Historical revenge.

I think they went 17 losses in a row against Blues in the arrogant Elliot days of the 1980's.

Its Historical revenge.

I think they went 17 losses in a row against Blues in the arrogant Elliot days of the 1980's.

Most clubs would have a record like that against St Kilda

All kinds of sad.
Give St Kilda this one Ford. They will burn the draft pick anyway.

Give St Kilda this one Ford. They will burn the draft pick anyway.

True, and good on them for winning, but then to go onto social media and carry on like this is some great achievement which they should be lauded for, please don't.

Spoke to a guy based in Melbourne today and he was telling me how dumb it is that Port wont have to travel for a few weeks if we win.

Dude, most of your teams in your city travel once a ****ing month. We are coming of a trip to WA as well. They have absolutely no understanding of how good they have it.

Spoke to a guy based in Melbourne today and he was telling me how dumb it is that Port wont have to travel for a few weeks if we win.

Dude, most of your teams in your city travel once a ****ing month. We are coming of a trip to WA as well. They have absolutely no understanding of how good they have it.

Did he also say Gather Round should be a Showdown because uNfAiR aDvAnTaGe?

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 28

Remove this Banner Ad

Back