All Aboard

Remove this Banner Ad

The week of the booeing, something changed. Team seems like they realised they had to pull their finger out every week, like this week against Freo, that was old school PAFC to go over there and still win and give it to them and really enjoy sending them on holidays where this years team in the first half of the year would have been OK with just rolling over the line and losing by a few goals knowing 2nd was wrapped up. I haven't seen us like that for years and I like it.

I think one thing we all need to remind ourselves of is that Port didn't get the monkey off their back until they did in 2004. Richmond would keep finishing 9th again and had no hope, until they won it in 2017. No one ever thought the Dogs would break their curse until they did in 2016. Even Geelong were so long remembered as bridesmaids losing all those grand finals, until they won in 2007 and built a dynasty.

The question that should be asked right now from everyone is, "why not us?"

There is nothing stopping Port from achieving the ultimate this year outside of the constraints they place on themselves.

And as a fan, we all should just be enjoying the ride. Been a crazy season - but the way they're playing right now is a brand that holds up in tight games against the best teams in the competition. And quite frankly last year they had all the ingredients until they burned out late with injury and fatigue. An extra pre-season and health has them primed to win it all in the next month.

I'm not one for hyperbole but if you not on board, if you're lukewarm, if you remember past failures, if you're worried about the coaching matchups, I understand, I get it but forget about it and get on board!!!!!!!! Its finals and the boys need the support and the good vibrations.

The boys are playing good, solid Port Adelaide footy. It is a joy to watch.

Just remember the last time we won in 2004. It was the best.

If we win a flag, the Four Frauds could be unbearable. Sure. They might take a blow torch to the fan base even though all we've been asking for the team to play the right way. Maybe Dixon is unbearable. Who knows,

What I will say is that a premiership would be awesome.
If we jagged one this year, it would mean we are equal with two with the Cows and they would be crumbling apart at the seams. Glenside would get a real workout.
Also, we are early in the premiership window and should be looking to reel off a few more.

So I'm supporting the boys no matter who is playing. If Jed plays, I'm backing him.

Carn the Power!!!
The real season starts now.

It is all or nothing the game against Geelong.

If we win, we have a good chance of going all the way. If we don't, the pressure will be unbearable heading into the game in week 2 against the Dogs or Hawks which does not bode well for us.

This team will start earning my respect back if they perform in the finals series. It is time to stand up to the heat of the battle just like we did in 2004.

Actions speak louder than words. Time for Hinkley to embrace the challenge in front of him leading this team into the final series. None of this loser talk that finals are scary.

Haven't lost a final quarter since the Gold Coast game. This team is running out games very well and consistently have won tight contests all year from all positions (leading, tying and from behind at 3/4 time).
Thinking back to the comments about Charlie Dixon earlier in the year having a lesser preseason and resting for games to ensure he was right for the finals males me think we have timed our run much better this year.

Credit to the high performance team.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Finished the H&A season 4 points clear in 2nd spot winning the last 6 games but listening to Whateley on SEN makes me think it was all a dream.

Both David King and Stephen Quartermain 'don't rate us' at all and are picking us to lose at home against Geelong in the first final. Hawthorn and the Western Bulldogs are the in-form team in the finals and either could win the flag apparently (their losses against us don't count).

Despite that I sort of like us being the underdog and not rated. Hopefully it lights some fires under the boys.

We dont deserve respect until we prove everyone wrong, from the media to our own supporters. Weve been here many times before. Its up tonthe club to prove everyone wrong

Bulldogs, Hawthorn, Sydney & Brisbane are still my main concerns as they can start fast and then hold us at arms length for the rest of the game.

Less concerned about Geelong but still respect them as they are a crafty bunch and can deny us the ball if our pressure and intent is not present.

Giants are unpredictable but can match us in the pressure stakes, its just who executes better on the day.

Carlton wont beat Brisbane at the Gabba in a finals setting. So they are no concern.

Why on earth would you be afraid of Sydney or the Bulldogs? We made them look like bottom 4 teams.

The only sides that SHOULD cause us any grief are Brisbane and GWS. I'm actually hoping Brisbane choke epically against Carlton and we don't have to worry about meeting them.
Hawthorn are a bit of an unknown.

Why on earth would you be afraid of Sydney or the Bulldogs? We made them look like bottom 4 teams.

2021 PF...anyone? They have the ability to make us look second rate if we are not sharp.

I don't think we are beating Sydney in the same manner as last time either. They were cooked, probably by over doing their pre-finals training load.

I'm not one for hyperbole but if you not on board, if you're lukewarm, if you remember past failures, if you're worried about the coaching matchups, I understand, I get it but forget about it and get on board!!!!!!!! Its finals and the boys need the support and the good vibrations.

The boys are playing good, solid Port Adelaide footy. It is a joy to watch.

Just remember the last time we won in 2004. It was the best.

If we win a flag, the Four Frauds could be unbearable. Sure. They might take a blow torch to the fan base even though all we've been asking for the team to play the right way. Maybe Dixon is unbearable. Who knows,

What I will say is that a premiership would be awesome.
If we jagged one this year, it would mean we are equal with two with the Cows and they would be crumbling apart at the seams. Glenside would get a real workout.
Also, we are early in the premiership window and should be looking to reel off a few more.

So I'm supporting the boys no matter who is playing. If Jed plays, I'm backing him.

Carn the Power!!!
I still remember a comment by a Crows fan at work in 2021, after THAT preliminary final that shall never be mentioned on this forum again. He said, "Adelaide will win a flag before Port does." If we do happen to win on September 28, stuff being humble - my verbal barrage will be unrelenting.

2021 PF...anyone? They have the ability to make us look second rate if we are not sharp.

I don't think we are beating Sydney in the same manner as last time either. They were cooked, probably by over doing their pre-finals training load.

A week is a long time in football, but 3 years is a lifetime.

For context, Fantasia, Motlop, Ladhams, Amon, Lycett, McKenzie, Duursma, Gray, Jonas & Bonner played that night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A week is a long time in football, but 3 years is a lifetime.

For context, Fantasia, Motlop, Ladhams, Amon, Lycett, McKenzie, Duursma, Gray, Jonas & Bonner played that night.
2021 isn't happening again this year. Out of the top 8 teams the only ones in proper form are us and Hawthorn, maybe GWS. The rest either look done or aren't good enough.

Sydney
Carlton
Western Bulldogs
Brisbane (maybe but off the boil again)
Geelong

put a fork in them. We have never had this clear a ride through, in 2020 and 2021 richmond and geelong were strong, the bulldogs still going alright. Not this time.

There is genuine reason why as a support base we dread finals with our past history. Only Geelong, Sydney & Collingwood have played in more qualifying finals than we have since 2000 yet they share 8 flags between them from 18 GF appearances, compared to our 1 from 2.

We have also won the second most games since 2020 (again only behind Geelong) yet don't have a single grand final to show for it. Whilst the end to this season has been a real change in attitude from the club, winning games in legit finals pressure, it all will amount to nothing if we do not capitalise on our position.

I have wanted a change in senior coach for several years now but I am not as vocal about it as many others are on this forum. I cannot and will not support us to lose. I want us to win every game even if the game was marbles.

I will ride the roller coaster but my arms will be crossed as I still have my doubts. Prove me wrong Port Adelaide.

Stop Running GIF by Wind Sun Sky Entertainment

I still remember a comment by a Crows fan at work in 2021, after THAT preliminary final that shall never be mentioned on this forum again. He said, "Adelaide will win a flag before Port does." If we do happen to win on September 28, stuff being humble - my verbal barrage will be unrelenting.
That’s done the rounds here by our own.

It's all talk until Port win and then it's all crying and bitching and moaning.

Gotta love a board who melted over being called fickle, going from "**** this club, I'm not following them till Ken is gone" to "OMG WE MIGHT WIN THE FLAG" once we finish top 2 :$
If we win the flag I'm going to enjoy it just as much as you if not more and there's absolutely nothing you can do about it 🙂

I had a discussion with somebody yesterday who said this to me and I really don't agree. I think we've played a worse game style this season than other years we've made finals. We've got key injuries and suspensions. Our forward entries are shocking. There's a LOT resting on JHF. I feel he's got us across the line so many times this season and we do something in finals this season it will because he's willed us over the line. Rozee and Butters would want to improve from last year's finals performance and Mitch would want a big game. I just can't see a premiership winning team having room for blokes like McEntee, Frank Evans and Josh Sinn (based on past performances).
Having said all of this, in the spirit of this thread, I'm all aboard. I want us to win. I've said it before, all Port Supporters just want to win. Everything is in service of that, no matter who's coaching. I'm not massively confident, but the will is there and we've shown great determination over the later part of the season.
You are so wrong on this...
* The "Kick it to Dixon" forward gameplan is all but gone. Dixon's role has changed, and since Georgiades return and Rats' inclusion, our leading patterns have improved, along with our forward entries.

* The ultra high press we were using last year is all but gone. Our fast-paced, centre-corridor, game style is till there, and so is the press to create a defensive wall, but it is more controlled. By adding Bergman back there, and with Houston (Crying Emoji), the improvement of Farrell (Crying Emoji), and the revelation of Evans, our distribution has incrementally improved. A real positive was how we covered BOTH of those last night.

* "Our team-defense" is currently the best it has been for many years. The last two games have been "finals" type games, that we failed in miserably last year! A huge improvement in contested pressure.

Yes there is a lot resting on our stars, but between Rozee, Wines, JHF, and Butters, if one is down, the others pop up ... If they all pop together, then LOOKOUT! Just ask Sydney!

Add to that the pain of the last few finals campaigns will rest heavily on the players, acting as a spur on. I am def not overconfident, but despite injuries & Houston out, this is our best opportunity yet to get to a GF.

Remove this Banner Ad

All Aboard

Remove this Banner Ad

Back