List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Well I guess I was going by what Pert & Goodwin said about not letting him leave.

And has anyone asked Harry? According to his manager it's all news to him.

These are all Carlton supporting journo's reporting this too..so they obviously think it's a good swap.
Petracca should be worth more than McKay, but he wants out, so if you can get close enough you'd take it

If Petracca wants to come to Collingwood,and that’s a big if,then we just might get him.When players nominate a club they want to move to,they usually get their way.Clubs generally don’t want to hold a gun to a player’s head to make them stay against their wishes.

But i’m just worried that the price might be too high for us to play.Melbourne would want two first round picks at least plus a player.That would affect our rebuilding long term,but it might help us snag another premiership next year,

Would you then flip the first in Petracca deal?

Possibly, provided we can retain our future first. I really don’t want to get Trac unless it’s at a discounted price, so that we are winning from the get-go. I have some (mild) reservations about what he’ll be like as a player in 2025.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We’d have only had access to one. Like you I think they’d be nice, but it’s completely reliant on our talent ID landing on either of them. For all we know we might have been keen on Philp who was the pick following SDK. The way I’d explain it is the opportunity cost because the players themselves aren’t moving the dial.

Edit: I completely forgot the “Naicos” deal 🤦‍♂️ that one stings because even though he didn’t have the year I thought he would Callaghan would look nice in a Pies jumper…
Watch this space, you might be onto something here. He is the perfect fit for our mid mix moving forward. From what I hear GWS have had a contract extension in front for 6 months and does not want to entertain it until later next year. Hearing we have been in his ear for last 12-18 months.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great, Trac wants to come to us but we can't get it done. His second choice is Carlton and they can get it done. Not sure I could stand Cripps and Petracca in the same midfield

We missed Judd which hurt, this one would be tough to handle.

Petracca should be worth more than McKay, but he wants out, so if you can get close enough you'd take it
Of course, but does Christian want to go to Carlton? And does Harry want to go to Dees?

As far as I can see, it's only Carlton supporting journo's who are having a wet dream over this scenario.

Hey I never said anything about whether Harry would accept a trade or not, just saying that I reckon Melbourne would do it in a heartbeat if the offer became reality.
Maybe they would. But they'd have to release their hostage first 🤣 would be a massive backflip on their numerous statements that under no circumstances would be be leaving Melbourne.

If Petracca wants to come to Collingwood,and that’s a big if,then we just might get him.When players nominate a club they want to move to,they usually get their way.Clubs generally don’t want to hold a gun to a player’s head to make them stay against their wishes.

But i’m just worried that the price might be too high for us to play.Melbourne would want two first round picks at least plus a player.That would affect our rebuilding long term,but it might help us snag another premiership next year,
Judd wanted to come to the Pies, but yet again we had no capital at the time and no one wanted to go to WA.
Same with Port and Stevens- he wanted Pies Port wanted a young Didak- no deal.

25 year old Beams > 25 year old Petracca

28 year old Beams < 28 year old Petracca

It took Petracca a bit longer than Beams to get going. While Beams started to struggle a bit towards the end with niggles.
It took Petracca a bit to get going because he did his knee and missed his entire 1st year and a bit

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Thought this was funny.
Nobody is giving up a high first rounder, even if richmond pay most of his contract.

I think it would be a 2nd. Like you said no one is giving a 1st and Richmond wont use a 3rd rounder. Not that Richmond would need another 2nd with the amount of picks they will end up with. Maybe future 2nd.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back