• Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

In my want of a tagger in our side, the following two players are up for grabs:
1. James Peatling
2. Brandon Parfitt
Thoughts? I really think we'd be better off with an inside midfielder that is capable of tagging rather than the Fyfe role.

In my want of a tagger in our side, the following two players are up for grabs:
1. James Peatling
2. Brandon Parfitt
Thoughts? I really think we'd be better off with an inside midfielder that is capable of tagging rather than the Fyfe role.
I'm gonna say this. I'm not against having Banfield as a tagger again.

Three of the top four teams use taggers.

Swans - Jordon
Port - Drew
GWS - Bedford

I'm sick of watching Tom Greene, Bont, Daicos, Newcombe etc kill us while we do nothing about it

Out of contract, I think a "fair" price is 9, 17 for Bolton and like 40. Elite player that disappears a bit.

Working backwards, in contract, 9 and 10 is large overs so would want some salary or a pick coming back. I expect Richmond will not move him without getting 9 and 10, the negotiations will be around what comes back with him

I think he's on quite a good wage, around 900-1.2?

I'd happily pay half that if 9 & 10 are coming back.

Does Freo have interest in Baker also, do you think? I'm hearing WCE myself. Would be nice to see them go to Freo together and win another flag as teammates.

Swans - Jordon
Port - Drew
GWS - Bedford

I'm sick of watching Tom Greene, Bont, Daicos, Newcombe etc kill us while we do nothing about it
He's ok as an inside mid. We sound like we want to be good enough to go head to head, but for certain teams I could see Bailey playing a role as tagger

Swans - Jordon
Port - Drew
GWS - Bedford

Either that or Play Ras as a tagger. He will learn a lot in the process.

He's ok as an inside mid. We sound like we want to be good enough to go head to head, but for certain teams I could see Bailey playing a role as tagger
GWS were literally playing two taggers against us (and they routinely do it) - Bedford and Peatling.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He sucks as a tagger and he's not mongrel enough, he can play at Peel.

Players like Parfitt and Peatling have double digit tackle games routinely.

We are good enough to go head to head in the middle, we win the clearance numbers almost every single week. If we are going to tag we should be using one of our many small/medium forwards who can't kick a goal to stop the oppositions best defensive outlet. Think Blakey, Whitfield etc. THAT is where Banfield could come in real handy.

Probably more viable and better for us to have a general defensive midfielder that can tag as opposed to a pure tagger. Rowbottom isn't a tagger but he's the hard-nosed defensive mid, I don't think Drew is even a tagger per se most weeks (obvs did a great job on Serong on Sunday).

Probably more viable and better for us to have a general defensive midfielder that can tag as opposed to a pure tagger. Rowbottom isn't a tagger but he's the hard-nosed defensive mid, I don't think Drew is even a tagger per se most weeks (obvs did a great job on Serong on Sunday).

Agree. Bedford is really the only pure tagger in the AFL at the moment.

I think he's on quite a good wage, around 900-1.2?

I'd happily pay half that if 9 & 10 are coming back.

Does Freo have interest in Baker also, do you think? I'm hearing WCE myself. Would be nice to see them go to Freo together and win another flag as teammates.
Sounds like Baker ideally wants WC but both WC and Baker are waiting on the new coach. If it was me and I was taking that job, I'd be telling the list team they can trade for Baker over my dead body. Absolutely insane for a rebuilding team to spend a top 20 (even top 30) on a 26 year old role player.

Freo seem keen though

Geelong's midfield is beige AF and Parfitt isn't a regular in it. That's red flag territory to me. Peatling does seem to put up great numbers then get dropped. That could just be because GWS are stacked.

Ras is the accountable mid we need but we don't deserve.

He puts up great numbers when Coniglio, Kelly etc are out.

Once he is pushed out of the midfield rotation, he struggles. (I know from a Fantasy football perspective, so take it with a grain of salt)

I get the feeling he is a bit one dimensional and needs to play in the midfield to succeed.

Sounds like Baker ideally wants WC but both WC and Baker are waiting on the new coach. If it was me and I was taking that job, I'd be telling the list team they can trade for Baker over my dead body. Absolutely insane for a rebuilding team to spend a top 20 (even top 30) on a 26 year old role player.

Freo seem keen though
It's a win win situation for us. We get him or Meth Coast do something stupid. What's not to like.

Freo seem keen though

There was an interesting post on the Richmond Board. (Shared below)

Sounds like it may be 50/50

<<<<<<<<<<<
Was told a few weeks ago, Baker told Livingston that his heart was in WA for a variety of reasons and despite how much he loves the club and respects the position (they offered more leadership) he just wanted to get back. The undecided nature of it was he was always keen on WCE. But met with Freo leaders and young stars and some key staff. His head was definitely turned as they showed him a United playing group and stable club hellbent on winning a flag. Right after that, WCE sacked Adam Simpson. There are reports that Liam will wait to see who the coach is. I’m adamant unless it’s someone with a huge respected CV which I doubt, his choice will be the Dockers.

I will also state that Liam has advised his management Richmond have to be adequately compensated in any deal and he won’t want us being screwed.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back