List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Is this true -- I thought it was originally three, but was reduced to three precovid??

"Each club can list up to three Category B rookies, which are typically international players, zone selections for clubs based in New South Wales or Queensland or players who have not registered in an Australian Football competition for three years."

Not a need but if Richards goes and HH out for the year and Elliott nearing the end then who knows. With rumours of IQ wanting a trade, anything could happen.
I hope IQ stays but the grumbles are being talked about more and more.
It's certainly an active period before trade week starts.
What's the go with IQ potentially wanting a trade?
News to me, where has this rumour started from?

We have consistently beaten Melbourne in spite of their much hyped midfield and legendary ruck man. Trac was never the difference in spite of his obvious match winning talent. I'd never want to rip heart and soul players out of our club to bring in a player from another club.

The addition of the champion may well be cancelled out by the sense of loss and betrayal by the players. I'm referring to those who mention Degoey, Bobby Hill and even Darcy Cameron. It's insane. I'd much rather chase the players mentioned by others who are young and hungry and looking for a fresh start.
Players get over stuff pretty quick when an absolute gun walks in the door.

Trac is perfect for us.

I suspect Carlton will try really hard to get McKay to agree to go. If they can then the deal will find a way, if not….reckon relationships at Carlton will be strained.

Re the bolded - please!! Perfect preparation for finals.

Happy to take the risk on Petracca. Apparently we have fixed our salary cap woes, so have room to bring in a big fish.

Simply we take his full salary from Melbourne and in return they take pick 20 or 26 we get for Noble.

Melbourne gets his full salary off their books and we assume the risk for the balance of his contract betting that we can get him back to his former glory.

I did too, but admittedly I've got no ****ing idea who these blokes we're linked to are - even Keane I haven't really watched much whilst at the Crows.

I would have really liked a free agent like Battle, but seems they're now going for ridiculous contracts with clubs having space due to the latest cap increase.
Keane is a good player. His last game for the Crows before he returned home was outstanding. Those who haven't watched him should trust our people to know what we need and who can do the job for us. We have a history of taking rejects or players flying under the radar and turning them into quality players or very important cogs.

It’s probably best to sit back and let it play out right now rather than worry about where he could end up. Morris has about as much idea as McClure at the moment. I doubt any leaks are coming from the Petracca camp about where he wants to go, so as it stands journos are throwing darts where they think he might end up based on draft hands.
And keeping in mind most of these darts are landing on the clubs they support.

Happy to take the risk on Petracca. Apparently we have fixed our salary cap woes, so have room to bring in a big fish.

Simply we take his full salary from Melbourne and in return they take pick 20 or 26 we get for Noble.

Melbourne gets his full salary off their books and we assume the risk for the balance of his contract betting that we can get him back to his former glory.
Dreaming if you think they would accept that.
We also can't afford his salary also

He doesn't yet but that might change if his preferred clubs can't strike a trade deal with MFC. Somebody's gonna throw a big trade offer at MFC to see if they can do a Bradbury and land Petracca after the other suitors have fallen over. My money's on Richmond but Hawthorn are sneaky chance.
What are they going to trade for him? They already have their hands full trading for Barass.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Getting Petracca puts us back in flag realm.
It’s more than an obsession

Fit and uninjured players put us back in contention, with a few tweaks.

The Petracca speculation in the media is unhinged. It’s bloodlust.

I love some footy gossip, and I love sinking the boots into Carlton, but this is out of control.

My issue is primarily how do you fit all these midfielders in the same midfield? I can't see Sidebottom and Mitchell playing more than 10 games between them in this arrangement which I don't have a problem with, but they will be dead weight on the team/cap space in the meantime which choking opportunity from the youth.
All these midfielders? Have you not noticed that we’ve been relying on the likes of Long, Sullivan and Bytel? I think you’re severely overrating our midfield right now, the only genuine youth mid we have coming through is Allan. As for Sidey, he can play a variety of roles and Mitchell being relegated to depth can only be a good thing, he’s not going to be taking up much cap anyway.

This obsession with Petracca is tedious. Is this the Melbourne board?

It's not very often you have the chance to trade for a talent like Petracca, opportunities like this don't come around too often.

Has everyone forgot how good Petracca is? A fully fit Christian Petracca is on the same level as a Bontempelli. I know there's questions about his health but this guy is the ultimate professional and competitor, he will do everything in his power to get back to the peak of his powers.

Make it happen fly.

Carlton have a 2024 first round draft pick. We don't.

Hard to see Melbourne trading Petracca for a current pick 11 and one likely to be in that range or above next season.

They'd need to find another 1st round selection at a minimum (or acceptable player) and even then I'm not sure Melbourne are in the mood to show much goodwill towards Petracca.

As others have noted could they even afford Petracca without the loss of a McKay? Could we without losing some quality off our list?

They'll demand McKay plus change or two ready made best 22 players from us like a Quaynor, Hill, McCreery plus change IMO.

They'll want to hurt and weaken any club looking to do the same to them so players more than picks is probably what they'll be after IMO.

What are they going to trade for him? They already have their hands full trading for Barass.
Well, they were going for Barras AND Battle but the latter might stay put in which case they've got the money for Trac, just need to come up with the picks. And on that score, they've got a 2024 first rounder, so that's more than we have.

Last edited:
Fit and uninjured players put us back in contention, with a few tweaks.

The Petracca speculation in the media is unhinged. It’s bloodlust.

I love some footy gossip, and I love sinking the boots into Carlton, but this is out of control.
Yeah, it’s massive. Petracca is a huge player, a champion.

The prospect of him choosing us as his preferred destination is the biggest story since Buckley came to us from Brisbane.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back