Game Day 2024 Preliminary Final vs Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Well I don't think we've had a better shot at it during Ken's tenure.

It's now or never really.

As much I want us to win, there is no confidence in me that they can get it done

Let's gooooo

Expecting Heeney to have some inspirational moments tonight. Need to make sure that we don’t put our heads down when he does, and instead make sure that we lift for the next contest

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Funny how the media is trying to reverse hawthorn us and pump up our tyres instead of sydneys. Posting graphic after graphic about our 8 straight wins and how warner earlier in the week said something about our pressure being so good and scary in our 112 point win. You already know the headline if they win “swans turn 112 deficit to 30 point win in 6 weeks” Wil our players drink their own bath water, thats the question.

Flashback to 2014 when we beat freo and kern immediately went to boak to tell everyone to calm compared to last week when he was looser in his approach post game pretty much lids off. Will this approach be prelim winning and perhaps premiership winning?

I'm actually worried about JHF.

He's had an outstanding season and should realistically win the B&F, but I've reminded myself of Sydneys prelim against Collingwood from 2 years ago where they completely shut down Jordan DeGoey after he'd had a really stellar finals record up until that point. I fear that Sydney will come with a plan to shut Hornet down as well.

Happy to be proven wrong!

I'm actually worried about JHF.

He's had an outstanding season and should realistically win the B&F, but I've reminded myself of Sydneys prelim against Collingwood from 2 years ago where they completely shut down Jordan DeGoey after he'd had a really stellar finals record up until that point. I fear that Sydney will come with a plan to shut Hornet down as well.

Happy to be proven wrong!

He's the Hornet. They can't shut him down for 100 minutes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is the defining moment of this playing group.

Stand up and be counted in a hostile environment and you're one win away from forever being known as a premiership player.

Or go back into your shells when it all becomes too hard and let the opposition walk all over you.

Which Port Adelaide will turn up tonight? We will sure as hell know in the first 5 mins of the game which one it is.

QANTAS doing QANTAS things:

The Advertiser said:
A Qantas flight from Adelaide to Sydney has been cancelled this morning ahead of Port Adelaide’s preliminary final against the Swans at the SGC.

Qantas flight 734 – due to depart from Adelaide at 10am for Sydney – was cancelled with little notice on Friday morning as thousands of South Australians prepare to flock to Sydney for the Power’s clash.

Adelaide Airport was unsure as to what caused the cancellation and was seeking confirmation from Qantas.

Thoughts are with these supporters.... This is a killer blow. All the flights to Sydney are packed, so they'll need to re-route through busy Melb flights. Heaps will miss I reckon.

View attachment 2115472

Ouch. You'd hope they put on another flight.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Preliminary Final vs Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Back