Preview Changes & Preview Thread for 2024 Preliminary Final vs Sydney @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Some good inclusions for them since we last met, but definitely not ones that should have us shaking in our boots either.

Papley is the big one but we should take a lot of confidence in how we dealt with hawthorns very capable fleet of small forwards.

Plus their captain Mills is a decent loss for them.

Obviously Houston and Farrell are significant outs for us but our defence held up incredibly well last weekend, and did against freo too missing both of them for most of the match. The Geelong game was just a stinker all round every single line on the ground got smashed, it clearly wasn’t simply a half back issue.

I’m confident Burton and Sinn can cover a fair amount of what we’ve lost. They are downgrades but not significant ones.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I was really confident we would win last week ... It got stronger & stronger as Hawthorn dropped their pants through the week as the whole of Melbourne over here blew wind up their arses! After Ginnivan made his post I was totally convinced!

Sydney a different animal altogether. Much more measured, more professional. We are going to have our work cut out for us. We can win it, but we absolutely have to bring our best game of the year to do it.

Leigh Montagna on AFL 360 and Daniel Hoyne on Sportsday have literally drawn the gameplan out for us to execute against Swans. It's whether or not we're capable enough as coaches to understand that and then implement it.

I'm very nervous, don't know which Port will turn up and I feel like Longmire and co have something up their sleeve to win it from the coaches box

These changes are par for the course.

Not the best but understandable.

I'm not a fan of both players and both can be exploited by Longmire.

Our form is very good. Sydney's form is goodish at best.

If the boys play their good, hard, contested, tackling footy, then we are a big chance.

They have a lot of midfield types and even though Heeney is their best player, if Chad Warner gets off the leash we could be in big trouble. He is a bit of a barometer for the Sydney team but if he's down, they struggle overall.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes & Preview Thread for 2024 Preliminary Final vs Sydney @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back