Preview Changes & Preview Thread for 2024 Preliminary Final vs Sydney @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Eddie claiming Port prefer the away prelim probably took him all of 15 seconds to come up with.

They've lost 2 home prelims recently, so they can't get it done there. Plus in their last 2 finals, Port got belted as the favourite and then won when given almost no chance.

That's probably the extent of his inside knowledge, but it's a fair enough assumption.

They can't win a prelim as favourites at home - let's see what they can do against heavy favourites away, against a team they match up very well on.

Jam TV's CEO is Cos Cardone - who is on Port's Board of Directors and Footy Committee. No need to work out who fed Eddie this info.

It's definitely not speculation.

lol Riley Bonner fan

Burton was good the last couple of games. Anyone that disagrees hasn't been paying attention.
I’ve been a massive critic but he’s last game at least was 8/10 if not higher.

Stuff it. From now until the final siren I’m going full happy clapper. Ready to have my heart broken again but prelims don’t come around every year

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
They actually do.

Admittedly I haven’t watched much of Sydney this year, but they must have a pretty strong side if they can’t fit Adams in? Adams is better than about 5 of our players. Or has he regressed?
He cant find any minutes in a stacked midfield so they shunt him off to the HFF role which he is useless at. A bit similar to the time we wasted Boaky in that role for 2 years.

Stuff it. From now until the final siren I’m going full happy clapper. Ready to have my heart broken again but prelims don’t come around every year

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Same. Or at least 10 minutes into the game day thread...

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't believe all the media tripe about Victorians universally supporting Cats in the remainder of the finals. They don't.

I'm on the Kenny bandwagon. Probably support him more than your own supporter base 🤣 The backlash he copped last week for doing a plane impersonation was ludicrous.

My support for the premiership is 1 Port, 2 Lions, 3 Swans & nothing for Cats.

Hope your guys bring the same intensity as last week. Good luck 🤞

Everyone has a tale to tell. Here's mine.

2014 one of my sons and I went to every away game either driving to Melbourne or on the Virgin flights with the team. Our last road trip to Melbourne for that prelim he was on his P's racking up the country hours for the logbook.

Although it ended in tears the memories of that year and the dad-son camaraderie built up with a teenage boy who is now a young man cannot be underestimated.

Ten years later we're both desperately hoping we make it to the Granny to do it one more time. But history has taught me to keep it bottled.

No one is expecting us to do it. So maybe, just maybe, we will.

That is all.

Let's see if the wish Damon white can finally do something with his last ever game or games

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes & Preview Thread for 2024 Preliminary Final vs Sydney @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back