Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask and we'll try our best to assist - so here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

As normal, would like to acknowledge & thank Lore for creating this, keeping it up to date and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

Below is the current state of our list with Kolo and Clohesy included even though they're not contracted for 2025.

The list size requirements are "between 36 and 38 on the primary list, four to six category A rookies – depending on the size of their primary list – and up to two category B rookies," so we have a lot of spots to fill with not many picks.

Atkins, Close, Dempsey and Mullin all still currently on the rookie list so we may upgrade a few of them.

1727227729544.png

I agree. Not sure why Clohesy was mentioned to begin with.
This is why the talk surrounding De Koning is bizarre. The last team in the competition who need another tall are the Bulldogs.

I don't know about that. The Dogs KPDs are Liam Jones (33yrs old) and Rory Lobb (31). Though I do think they have high hopes for Jedd Busslinger.

Crack up (hypercritical) that Caroline Wilson was critical of Smith, considering the move to Ch9 from Ch7 with Kane Cornes 🙄

Also, with his Cotton On range + Geelong Cats’ collaboration, ‘could be’ as simple as a sponsor including a client at a blockbuster

Marvel Studios Smile GIF by Disney+

He’s definitely coming to Geelong, isn’t he?

My only objection is, his hair, must have a decent haircut 😳
Not seeing the hypocrisy. Caroline is free to change employers as will. Smith can as well but his industry has rules around 3rd party income. Caroline has no such limitations

Regarding Clohesy and the Bulldogs - do we know if he's still a rookie or has he been upgraded to the senior list?

If he's still on the rookie list & we're only looking to offer him another year as a rookie, he's essentially a FA who can move to the club of his choice with no trade needed

All depends which list he's currently on

1727228079904.png

Below is the current state of our list with Kolo and Clohesy included even though they're not contracted for 2025.

The list size requirements are "between 36 and 38 on the primary list, four to six category A rookies – depending on the size of their primary list – and up to two category B rookies," so we have a lot of spots to fill with not many picks.

Atkins, Close, Dempsey and Mullin all still currently on the rookie list so we may upgrade a few of them.

View attachment 2121159

Our Rookies this year were

A
Dempsey
Hardie
Murdoch
Jeka

B
Clohesy
Furphy
Mullin

Regarding Clohesy and the Bulldogs - do we know if he's still a rookie or has he been upgraded to the senior list?

If he's still on the rookie list & we're only looking to offer him another year as a rookie, he's essentially a FA who can move to the club of his choice with no trade needed

View attachment 2121164

He is a rookie still.

View attachment 2121164
Yeah, this puts it to bed. Can be had as a DFA if he has an offer he likes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

starting to come around about getting a ivan soldo as a plug and plya ruck like a llyod meek.

cant rely on stanley as his body is not up to it anymore for another year. the guy tries but his time as a week in week out ruck is done.

cant rely on conway as he is still young and sdk best position is still key back. and lets not run blitzac to the ground by rucking him full time.

What was the knock on Willis?
Finally got fit , pace to burn…..
Was it endurance, inability to find the pill?
Thanks , I didn’t watch a lot of VFL so a bit mystified…

Maybe an abundance of options in terms of small forwards, and if we have a genuine interest in Martin then that pushes him back another step in the pecking order - 3 years on the list with 0 seniors games the writing was somewhat on the wall, even with a few of us liking the promising signs we saw

Not sure what this has got to do with the price of cheese... Sam is hardly clearing out his own stuff on marketplace

also a grand is ridiculous, we were putrid in that game.. they should be giving us all a match worn guernsey that sat through that cold miserable night

Was that the night someone reportedly put a bid of $50k on the Brad Close guernsey? I'm curious what happened with that

I hope your right on those two, would love Mullin to hit top gear off the half back and mid.

With Bowes progress your probably right with Stevens finding it hard to get a spot.
Bowes is 27 next January, really should be peaking; Stevens is a kid in comparison.

Maybe an abundance of options in terms of small forwards, and if we have a genuine interest in Martin then that pushes him back another step in the pecking order - 3 years on the list with 0 seniors games the writing was somewhat on the wall, even with a few of us liking the promising signs we saw
I never saw anything other than the odd Willis highlight (or a brief mention of him in a match summary from one of our 'watchers' at a VFL game). And that probably sums up why he's now off the list. Had a horrendous run with injury in his first couple of years with us, I admit. But he played just about all year with the Bankers in 2024 and didn't seem to have one standout game. After three years in the system, that's hardly likely to see you backed in on an AFL list for another year or two.

Wish him all the best but you'd think he's extremely long odds to stay in the system with any club at this point.

Haha bulldogs board think they've exposed some under the table deal between Cotton On and us/Baz.

Reckon it's going to "blow up".

Do they think we're as poorly run as Carlton?

They are coming to the realization Smith is going to go for not the overs they were initially hoping for :)
Now it's all about taking it to the high court for retribution.

It is going to be lovely watching Bailey rip that club a new one, year after year.

Don't we become the higher ranked though after the results of the QF?
I didn't think that. Had Port beaten Swans, we would also be 4th
Happy with 4th- slightly better draft picks.
I think it's based on ladder position pre-finals.
We can verify by looking at 2020- both GF teams lost their QF's but made it to the GF- what was the final top 4 after finals?
Tigers
Cats
?Port
?Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back