Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask and we'll try our best to assist - so here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

As normal, would like to acknowledge & thank Lore for creating this, keeping it up to date and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

He can play as a forward. They'll get him virtually for free and I think he's much closer to games as a forward there than games as a mid here
If they really want him, they can just draft him. Isn't he rookie-listed?

To kick goals as a forward, you usually need to be agile, or good overhead. He's neither.

If they really want him, they can just draft him. Isn't he rookie-listed?

To kick goals as a forward, you usually need to be agile, or good overhead. He's neither.
Realistically he'd be basically free in the trade. It's a no lose scenario for them. Geelong would offer him a contract so it would be to be a trade.

Realistically he'd be basically free in the trade. It's a no lose scenario for them. Geelong would offer him a contract so it would be to be a trade.
Then why wouldn't they ask for another draft pick on top of the first rounder that would obviously make the basis of the trade?

If I were the Dogs, I wouldn't accept Clohesy in a trade. I'd go for a Round 1 and a later pick, and then if I really really wanted Clohesy, I'd draft him with the last pick of the draft.

But seriously, a 20yo rookie who has played three quarters of AFL footy is worth zilch in a trade.

For me, it's more confusion than anything else.

We have midfield weaknesses and this bloke's racking up 25-30+ in the VFL....yet we don't give him a chance?

So maybe there's some fundamental flaw the club sees that keeps him restricted to VFL level.....yet why then name him as an emergency for AFL several times?

So the club DO perhaps rate him, he's in the mix, maybe just needs some tweaks to his game....yet we delist him immediately the season ends?

The whole thing is a bit weird.

Not really, you pick best available, someone is the carry over emergency a few too many times so someone else gets the go.
If the cards fall the right way someone like Sulivan at Collingwood or Narkle at port gets some games

What was the knock on Willis?
Finally got fit , pace to burn…..
Was it endurance, inability to find the pill?
Thanks , I didn’t watch a lot of VFL so a bit mystified…

If I were the Dogs, I wouldn't accept Clohesy in a trade. I'd go for a Round 1 and a later pick, and then if I really really wanted Clohesy, I'd draft him with the last pick of the draft.

But seriously, a 20yo rookie who has played three quarters of AFL footy is worth zilch in a trade.

I don’t think you fully understand how it all works.

The Doggies will be going for much more than what you have said here… but like in all negotiations you gotta start high.

And Clohesy would never turn down a contract with us to put himself in an open draft… that is just never ever going to happen.

If the Dogs want him then they will trade for him… he very well could be steak knives in a Smith deal or it could be done in a separate deal… yes he isn’t worth much seeing that he is OOC.

Then why wouldn't they ask for another draft pick on top of the first rounder that would obviously make the basis of the trade?

Because Clohesy would be easier to get and if he plays a few good games for them, which I'm certain he will, then they'll have made a good face saving move. His trade value is like pick 40 but they're getting a much better player than that if they convince him.

I don't think it reduces the picks they'd Realistically get from us for Smith. We offer a first and a second then if Clohesy wants out he basically gets slapped on for nothing.

I hate it, but I think it could happen

His trade value is like pick 40 but they're getting a much better player than that if they convince him.
That's a classic BigFooty overvalue.

The guy is 20, he is small, and has never played a good game of AFL footy. I'm sorry, but while he might become an AFL player, he is still very much not worth anything like p40.

Didn't really have pace to burn, at least not enough to break away from congestion cleanly.
Disposal wasn't anything special, wasn't cleaner than the level. Faded in and out of games.

From my viewing he'd have one good quarter a game. Was far too inconsistent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back