Rumour Isaac Cumming - UFA (and then there was one)

Remove this Banner Ad

How are Port able to afford bringing these guys in, and potentially retain Houston, within the salary cap? Their list is already stacked with plenty of high earners.

That's the Costa Living Allowance at play. A list that nobody rates has a good year and then all of a sudden it's so stacked that shenanagins must be going on if they are able to bring in other players.

Yeah theyre both wrong.

I mean if he did have dinner with Tex at least we know it really is his fault if we dont get him.

Cumming will 100% sign with us, whenever it's a done deal everyone else tries to make it seem like they had a part in it and they are the reason.

When you don't get them everyone distances themselves.

Like Luko, we were meeting with him but no fan fare yet Rozzee was talking about how they are best mates.

Although Port and Adelaide will be speaking to Cumming about the same position / role - Wing or HB, I think we do have a point of difference

At Adelaide, Cumming would have a greater role as a more senior player to help bring along the younger group, whereas at Port he’s a new recruit that needs to fit into there systems and structure

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

You don't think he'll have to fit into our systems and structure?

I'm assuming the selling points would more be around the cameraderie at the club. Hell, he might even LIKE Nicks and pump up his tyres as a people person 😂

If you're after success, do you really want to walk into a place where everyone is happy and cohesive having just finished 15th? You'd want there to be a fair bit of dissatisfaction and demanding, frank conversations happening.

Cumming will 100% sign with us, whenever it's a done deal everyone else tries to make it seem like they had a part in it and they are the reason.

Like Luko, we were meeting with him but no fan fare yet Rozzee was talking about how they are best mates.

Is this inside information? Why would he waste his and Port's time by having a medical if there was no chance he'd choose them?

This is a pretty confident post. I 14 times bitten, 15 times shy with my club and will wait until something is official.

Wasn’t it also Rowe that last night said Cumming was going overseas with port players?
Yep, he knew about the dinner on Monday and then heard US thing yesterday. Tex definitely has spoken with Cumming, whether that was indeed the most recent weekend I don't know, but he confirmed that very emphatically this morning.

Once again, Nicks plays a role.... but the perception of the club has been like this much longer than his tenure. Helll think back to Sando.

The perception can turn very quickly depending on who's in charge and how things are performing on field.

I can remember when no-one wanted to go to Brisbane and then within a couple of seasons they're suddenly a destination club that people want to go to.

I think the coach and the direction of the club plays a huge role with attracting player interest.

The perception can turn very quickly depending on who's in charge and how things are performing on field.

I can remember when no-one wanted to go to Brisbane and then within a couple of seasons they're suddenly a destination club that people want to go to.

I think the coach and the direction of the club plays a huge role with attracting player interest.
It can, but with us its been going on a lot longer than just one or 2 coaches.

If you're after success, do you really want to walk into a place where everyone is happy and cohesive having just finished 15th? You'd want there to be a fair bit of dissatisfaction and demanding, frank conversations happening.
I mean, having a sociable atmosphere about the playing squad, and expecting the most out of each other on the field, don’t necessarily have to go hand in hand

I’m sure Tex (and whoever else) would mention the club is doing all it can to improve and be successful (whether it’s true or not)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is this inside information? Why would he waste his and Port's time by having a medical if there was no chance he'd choose them?
Dawson had a medical with Port too, they can't be giving away all their bargaining power too early. I genuinely think Cumming had made up his mind on the Crows a while ago, but then Port came very aggressive late and has at least made him think twice about the decision. It's only since the Perryman strong links to Collingwood came out that Port seemed to be linked more heavily with Cumming, that's not a coincidence.

Yep, he knew about the dinner on Monday and then heard US thing yesterday. Tex definitely has spoken with Cumming, whether that was indeed the most recent weekend I don't know, but he confirmed that very emphatically this morning.

A meat and 3 veg meal with Tex or a Battalion in Vegas with the Port boys, tough choice.

Dawson had a medical with Port too, they can't be giving away all their bargaining power too early. I genuinely think Cumming had made up his mind on the Crows a while ago, but then Port came very aggressive late and has at least made him think twice about the decision. It's only since the Perryman strong links to Collingwood came out that Port seemed to be linked more heavily with Cumming, that's not a coincidence.

Also since they knew internally that Houston wanted out

Quality of life at work plays an enormous role when you're highly paid.

A winning environment and culture, where playing football is enjoyable, is going to be a bigger drawcard for many than a few extra $100,000 over the course of a contract. Especially if all offers are in the millions of dollars range.

Conversely, locking yourself into a long contract earning more money at a job where it's difficult, lots of scrutiny, not winning, not fun, stressful... that's going to be highly unappealing.

The difference in contract we can realistically offer in these situations isn't that large. Certainly not enough to overcome the lifestyle challenges

Quality of life at work plays an enormous role when you're highly paid.

A winning environment and culture, where playing football is enjoyable, is going to be a bigger drawcard for many than a few extra $100,000 over the course of a contract. Especially if all offers are in the millions of dollars range.

Conversely, locking yourself into a long contract earning more money at a job where it's difficult, lots of scrutiny, not winning, not fun, stressful... that's going to be highly unappealing.

The difference in contract we can realistically offer in these situations isn't that large. Certainly not enough to overcome the lifestyle challenges
If that were the case here, then he would stay with GWS. Port can't offer anymore than the Giants in this area.

Dawson did, and after he was traded to Adelaide he said, it was always Adelaide

Maybe it might get Cumming another year on the offer, or another $50k a year ?

If that were the case here, then he would stay with GWS. Port can't offer anymore than the Giants in this area.

I'm assuming there is some lifestyle or family reason for wanting to be in Adelaide over Sydney.

If that's already been settled on, the choice in lifestyle the two clubs can offer is pretty large at the moment. And there's not a lot of levers we can pull to make us the better choice

Even when we were at the top of the ladder, we rarely ever attracted anybody decent and leaked talent constantly. We also can't compete with the anonymity players get by living in a non football state. I don't expect we'll ever get a turn around like that.

He still wouldn't have needed to front for the medical if they were 100% out of the race.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Isaac Cumming - UFA (and then there was one)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back