News Puma - North's new apparel partner

Remove this Banner Ad

Initial reaction is it’s a pretty underwhelming partnership. Having said that I will reserve judgement until the official announcement and see what the apparel is like but looking at their website it’s fairly uninspiring.

IMG_0860.jpeg IMG_0859.jpeg

Initial reaction is it’s a pretty underwhelming partnership. Having said that I will reserve judgement until the official announcement and see what the apparel is like but looking at their website it’s fairly uninspiring.

View attachment 2127720View attachment 2127719
This can't be real as it's royal blue and white. Aren't the official North polos currently just re-badged Puma carlton tops?

The Kookaburra stuff looks generic for all clubs.

Nothing I can see indicates they will be exclusive North apparel suppliers.
Yeh kinda looks like that’s the afl brand stuff, not from the club. Doesn’t feature the club sponsors or anything. Kinda like the guernsey I bought from the queen vic markets as a youngin’

The Kookaburra stuff looks generic for all clubs.

Nothing I can see indicates they will be exclusive North apparel suppliers.
Have to assume a dedicated range of on-field and supporter gear would be part of an official apparel sponsorship agreement (assuming old mate's mail is accurate). The stuff on line is the officially licensed replica and supporter gear that these guys have been doing for years

I would have liked them to stick with Puma - they absolutely nailed our jumpers and their merch was great. Navy blue gear sucked though..

Keen to see what Kookaburra brings - i think they have a great logo for what its worth lmao

Tv Show Flames GIF by HULU

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IF this is true and we're downgrading from Puma to Kookaburra, that's a pretty poor reflection on the current club administration, not going to lie.

Puma better. Hope they don't mess this up more as unlike some I buy a bunch of this stuff mainly to use as exercise gear - I don't buy it if it looks or feels bad. I don't care how North Melbourne it is.

Its only a downgrade if we are getting less money. Its a commercial arrangement. At minimum we would be getting equal money. I doubt we would leave Puma to accept less money elsewhere

No. It's a downgrade if the quality / look / feel / aesthetics go backwards and people don't want to buy it. In my uneducated opinion 50% of the value - at best - is in the sales / sponsorship $ and the bigger proportion is in having a whole heap of North supporters out there looking ****ing schmicko and advertising our brand and major sponsors wherever they go just by wearing it.

Are people genuinely upset about what logo appears on the official apparel?
It’s a reflection of where we’re at as a club. Ideally you want to be sponsored by a brand like Nike, Adidas or Puma but Kookaburra is so far off, off Broadway even for a struggling club like us. Screams of irrelevance that we can’t attract one of the big 3 or even a lesser brand like Under Armour or Champion. Not upset just very disappointed.

No. It's a downgrade if the quality / look / feel / aesthetics go backwards and people don't want to buy it. In my uneducated opinion 50% of the value - at best - is in the sales / sponsorship $ and the bigger proportion is in having a whole heap of North supporters out there looking ****ing schmicko and advertising our brand and major sponsors wherever they go just by wearing it.

It’s a reflection of where we’re at as a club. Ideally you want to be sponsored by a brand like Nike, Adidas or Puma but Kookaburra is so far off, off Broadway even for a struggling club like us. Screams of irrelevance that we can’t attract one of the big 3 or even a lesser brand like Under Armour or Champion. Not upset just very disappointed.

Exactly where my head is at, as well.

I don't want to be a K-mart club.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Puma - North's new apparel partner

Remove this Banner Ad

Back