News Puma - North's new apparel partner

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s a reflection of where we’re at as a club. Ideally you want to be sponsored by a brand like Nike, Adidas or Puma but Kookaburra is so far off, off Broadway even for a struggling club like us. Screams of irrelevance that we can’t attract one of the big 3 or even a lesser brand like Under Armour or Champion. Not upset just very disappointed.
How many teams have Adidas, Puma or Nike?

I can think of Collingwood, Sydney, Hawthorn, Carlton, Richmond and GWS of the top of my head.

And the quality of the Puma merchandise has been hot garbage since day one. They've been a massive disappointment in that regard.

The best looking supporter gear is actually Cotton On by a fair margin. The W polos look like good quality.

The financial aspect of the deals none of us would have a clue about. Some will claim to at some point, but they'll be lying.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Tell me you didn't just stumble upon the Kookaburra link?

Because if you did, you should have also checked other clubs...

Etc, etc, etc....

No I didn't just stumble across it, I heard it first hand

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IF this is true and we're downgrading from Puma to Kookaburra, that's a pretty poor reflection on the current club administration, not going to lie.

I'm willing to give them a shot, considering the high hopes we had with a "big" apparel company and they (IMHO) produced the crappiest, blandest most uninspired gear the roo shop has ever seen.

Also, does anybody legitimately know how the process works in terms of who makes the design decisions? will Kookaburra just more or less make what our PR people tell them to make?

It’s a reflection of where we’re at as a club. Ideally you want to be sponsored by a brand like Nike, Adidas or Puma but Kookaburra is so far off, off Broadway even for a struggling club like us. Screams of irrelevance that we can’t attract one of the big 3 or even a lesser brand like Under Armour or Champion. Not upset just very disappointed.
Under Armor do good gear, it looks good too. I could go for that.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Puma - North's new apparel partner

Remove this Banner Ad

Back