List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Once again, I don't reckon it's a terrible take. Telling Battle not to come to the best and fairest is one thing, but blatantly ignoring his contribution to the club makes the club look bitter and pathetic, and is not a great endorsement.

Even if Battle did lead us astray, we look like a petulant child by not even acknowledging his existence.

The reality is we had the chance to lock up Battle, we stuffed around and the Hawks swooped. Upping the offer at the death ain't going to cut it.

To get all bitter and salty because he ends up leaving is embarrassing. Just be professional ffs, it's not that hard.
Hang on, didn't we ask the AFL if Battle could run through the banner with his kids for his last game?

I just really hope Clarry and Smithy can finish their careers uninjured and successful all the while upholding Geelongs exemplary cultural standing and become the farmers they strive to be.

Yee-Haw! 🤠

qGvhw2h.jpeg

Unless Battle has come out and slagged players partners or something of that nature, I just can't see in what world it makes sense to not wish him well and acknowledge his career at the Saints.

It's absolutely piss poor IMO. My wife worked for an company once that never did farewells for staff leaving. They turned out to be complete psychopaths.

It's a really poor look IMO, and as a minnow club we need to do the basics well.
Relax, it's all part of the charade. We have to look devastated that Josh left so that it doesn't look suss when we get band 1.

If everyone looks chummy and happy then it is going to seem obvious that this has all been hashed out and orchestrated behind the scenes.

Band 1 incoming. Josh, us and the Hawks = win, win , win.

Why , he is nothing like joe
Members is more your third tall and cant play in the ruck so I cant see them interested at all
Yes, because you only bring in the exact type of player you lose every year.

They have Hipwood and Logan Morris coming along. They brought in Gunston for a year before he left unexpectedly and now Daniher retiring unexpectedly.

A mature 3rd tall for zero draft capital when all their picks are going to be swallowed up by Ashcroft and Marshall. Membrey playing alongside 200cm Hipwood and a young, but exciting Morris. Why wouldn't they look at him?

Oh, because he isn't the exact same forward as Daniher. You're right, I'm sorry.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This whole Battle thing and the wankfest over the Hawks, I feel a bit like I'm taking crazy pills. All this celebration of their culture, are we forgetting one of their indigenous champions is taking them to court for being a pack of racist f wits?

Yes we want success, but at the expense of decency? This club tried to get a player to have an abortion because they thought it would affect his performance. They are a cesspool of racist, arrogant a holes. Their fans shit on us as if their club is this bastion of goodness. Everyone just chooses to forget their horrible recent history.

Of course I want to taste the ultimate success, but is it worth it at the cost of human decency? Not for me. Battle can GAGF honestly, he'll aways be a Hawthorn person as it turns out. AKA a douchebag.

I believe we are building something right now and it will come as a shock to them when we are good. But ultimately the competition works in swings and roundabouts, you'll have up times and down times. But Mitchell and his cronies will always be a pack of arrogant racist tools.

Hope it's worth it Josh.

The whole Battle saga has been done to death. There’s the same divided fans who are either letting Battle of lightly or the club. Make of it what you will.

If he wanted to stay, he probably would’ve. Players get shopped around all the time in the current landscape. That in itself is hardly a defining reason why he leaves the club and also reads hypocritical when he ends up testing the market himself as a FA.

Yeah, great player, reliable, probably not winning Saints their next premiership, but hey not something I’m dying in a ditch over if we return band 1, otherwise the club rightfully has some explaining to do. Proof is in the pudding.

Putting that aside, Hawthorn are clearly the Lannister’s of the VFL/AFL.

I reckon if Melbourne trade him some footage will leak of him getting on the bag
you could be onto something, It would be in Geelong's interest (and Clarry if he really wants to go there) to leak something to get everyone to accept 1 late first rounder and Melbourne paying half his salary.

Yes, because you only bring in the exact type of player you lose every year.

They have Hipwood and Logan Morris coming along. They brought in Gunston for a year before he left unexpectedly and now Daniher retiring unexpectedly.

A mature 3rd tall for zero draft capital when all their picks are going to be swallowed up by Ashcroft and Marshall. Membrey playing alongside 200cm Hipwood and a young, but exciting Morris. Why wouldn't they look at him?

Oh, because he isn't the exact same forward as Daniher. You're right, I'm sorry.
If only Hayes had more trade value... Could get something of value as would fit that role nicely and they would probably manage to get his body right too

I'm actually getting a bit sick of Geelong and resenting the players that request a trade there. What happened to the old school mentality of sticking it out with your club until they reach success.

Now every player just requests a trade to a more successful club and fulfils the cycle of good teams getting better. The part that makes it worse is that they are taking paycuts (if Geelong propaganda is to be believed and it's not just additional sponsorship money or gifted farmland).

I sincerely hope with these trades they have flown too close to the sun and have an almighty blow up fueled by cocaine and pokies and they're aging stars retire leaving them like Richmond are now.

OH and aparently they are lobbying to play 10 games at Pork Barrell park not 9 next year, seriously get out.

Last edited:
I’ve got a 3 year old and a new born.

I’ve gotten my revenge.

They are saint supporters. No choice in the matter and both members.

My misery shall be theirs.
I have three siblings. We have 12 kids between us and we've inflicted the Saints on all 12. They get so sad at the footy, LOL!

GARCIA CLOSING ON CALL​

WESTERN Bulldogs small forward Riley Garcia is closing in on making a call on his future, with a decision expected this week.

Garcia has been weighing his future, with the Dogs having a two-year contract offer in front of him.

AFL.com.au's Inside Trading reported last month Port Adelaide, West Coast, St Kilda and North Melbourne had expressed varying levels of interest in Garcia, who has been looking for more midfield opportunities.

Also says Reeves who we looked at is staying. So Soldo has to be a lock it seems

I like Garcia. Would be very happy to grab him.

With us throwing money at Aleer and being turned down again, just wondering how many that would make now?

Aleer, Merrett, LDU?, I'm sure there's more that I'm forgetting.
Callaghan and Brayshaw in 12 months.

No one is taking the offer yet but their clubs are now having to pay more to keep them so not all is lost.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back