The Non-Footy Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I get that, not sure any other team doesn't get smashed. The work rate was there, Penrith were just better.
Penrith beat the **** out of them for alot of the game. Its really to Storm's credit that they held on and fought it out. I think even with that try allowed Penrith would have won.

I remember watching them with a good mate up North when they won the first of these flags. He called it then that they would win a whole bunch of GFs in a row. (And he's a Parra supporter. Was gutted the next year.) They are an incredible side. 50/50 chance to win five in a row i reckon.

Penrith beat the **** out of them for alot of the game. Its really to Storm's credit that they held on and fought it out. I think even with that try allowed Penrith would have won.

I remember watching them with a good mate up North when they won the first of these flags. He called it then that they would win a whole bunch of GFs in a row. (And he's a Parra supporter. Was gutted the next year.) They are an incredible side. 50/50 chance to win five in a row i reckon.
I think that’s it for them…..they loose quiet a few and the ones coming through won’t bu up to the same class as what walk out …

Seen it all
Gus calling pictures taken from the broadcast ai generated
Fox league and a reporter from the daily telegraph claim hand under ball….but showing the clip people are posting several frames ahead..
It’s going to go down unfortunately as one of the worst officiated games…there’s already been 8 plus major blunders highlighted on socials

But for those saying the disallowed try meant nothing ..

Click in and Have a look at the score and time remaining….in a true sliding doors moment…that call changed the entire outcome of the match….
And that’s what’s fired up a huge number of rugby followers….never seen a call in any sport have such a dramatic outcome on the result .

And assisted……makes a huge difference….
Yep. My point was that Storm did not "play crap", as mentioned. Defensively they worked their asses off. They were not crap, just unable to get their running game going, which was more on Penrith than the inability/workrate/just being crap of Storm.

FWIW I was surprised the try to Storm wasn’t awarded as it looked to me the ball was grounded.

It was also clear that Sorro’s foot was in the air when he caught the kick off.

That said, I also thought that the ball was clearly targeted and knocked out when Turuva was heading for the line and it was ruled part of the tackle.

As for the Life Member thing, being a LM of the Penrith Junior League is not the same as being a LM of the Panthers. It’s a bit like being a LM of the EDFL and officiating on a * game.

If I was a Storm fan I’d be pissed as well - nonetheless an extraordinary effort from our guys. We were the laughing stock of the competition when I was a kid so to be in this position now is surreal.

I feared the worst when i heard Penrith were gunna wear the pink jumpers, they are absolute kryptonite for Storm, big Nelson would have been handy, one thing i would like to hear from anyone more knowledgeable than me, after every Storm punt, the receiver was very rarely under any physical pressure at all, when Panther's punted, the receiver under extreme pressure nearly 100%, was this tactic's, or a difference in abilty/intent ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big night in the Cleary household, with Mary Fowler finding the net in City's 2 - 0 over West Ham.
If she's consistent with her in-laws she probably handballed both her goals, Lou Richards hit the target style.

But the VAR official was getting worked over by Ivan Cleary under the desk at the time so just waved them both through.

FWIW I was surprised the try to Storm wasn’t awarded as it looked to me the ball was grounded.

It was also clear that Sorro’s foot was in the air when he caught the kick off.

That said, I also thought that the ball was clearly targeted and knocked out when Turuva was heading for the line and it was ruled part of the tackle.

As for the Life Member thing, being a LM of the Penrith Junior League is not the same as being a LM of the Panthers. It’s a bit like being a LM of the EDFL and officiating on a * game.

If I was a Storm fan I’d be pissed as well - nonetheless an extraordinary effort from our guys. We were the laughing stock of the competition when I was a kid so to be in this position now is surreal.
Well said…only sane opposing supporter lve come across…..
Cheers

Holy ****ing shit!!! Have the NRL doctored a photo of the try????
But wait…some of the arguments put fwd by expert commentators and certain fans on x have been absolutely insane…..and will not accept facts when posted….
lve had 5 hrs sleep….and poked holes at many…but by goodness they are as thick as a plank…and some are paid to write and present this ….as experts 🤦‍♂️
They make Kane and damo look competent

But wait…some of the arguments put fwd by expert commentators and certain fans on x have been absolutely insane…..and will not accept facts when posted….
lve had 5 hrs sleep….and poked holes at many…but by goodness they are as thick as a plank…and some are paid to write and present this ….as experts 🤦‍♂️
They make Kane and damo look competent
Phil Gould is a clown

Phil Gould is a clown
Indeed and to say on national tv during the wrap up that the videos and images on social media were AI and doctored…..extraordinary incompetence…..funny though…they were all taken from their broadcast and media organisations were using said images…
The gaslighting from media, journalists and certain fans has been nothing short of gobsmacking.
All have gone radio silent after planting their flag on the hill of nothing to see here…and being called out for it…..they are very much in denial that this call ( and a few others) but mainly this one had any impact on the game…as one x person put it will go down in Australian folk law as the defining moment that changed an entire result…
There stance has only reinforced a large section of sports watchers that the competition is stuck in the NSWRL era of the 80’s and their credibility as a code / media is in tatters…
Unfortunately this game will be forever known as the ultimate video stuff up ….

What’s that Homer Simpson quote …dig up stupid….ya gotta love the doubling down
Warren …gutless is all l can say…..can’t reply to facts

The it’s an arm…oh boy…just say you F*#&#&# up…..not gaslighting us …morons

Fact that’s Jacks hand.
But please someone tell me how that dark mark we can see is supposedly his Jacks arm….
It’s physically impossible… an arm and hand there at that point would simply not work…..
prove me wrong with this image….
The pr machine is in overdrive and god help if you point out …..this is not an arm ….
Oh and that this image is tooo grainy…..a shot from ch9 by the abc
Nuts.
A06C5AA0-4E1D-4C9F-A3CC-C450D84355B0.jpeg

Remove this Banner Ad

The Non-Footy Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back