• KPF/Small Forward

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • KPF/Mid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • KPF/Defender

Votes: 21 29.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol. You'll wait a year to pick up a 33 year old who already looks off the pace at times. You want him now for your younger guys.

You can hand over your current 3rd at minimum. Maybe a swap of 3rds for next year as well.
His main job is to mentoring the young kids coming up. Don't care if he lost his pace. He can play VFL for all I care but hand down the experiences are the most important thing.

His main job is to mentoring the young kids coming up. Don't care if he lost his pace. He can play VFL for all I care but hand down the experiences are the most important thing.
Sure, but you clearly see it as important. You may be spreading his salary over 3 years, but it's still a fair commitment.

Pick 62 and F4 is a "happy to walk away" offer.

Both clubs want it to happen. It won't be a 2nd rounder, but neither club would take the opening offer (or your offer) as serious. It's just part of the process.

Darling and Parker went in the same draft. There careers mirror each other in games played and a premiership. The only difference is position played but even then both are near the end. North offer isn’t to far off it given what they traded Darling for. If not pick 61 then throw in a swap of future third round picks.

Darling and Parker went in the same draft. There careers mirror each other in games played and a premiership. The only difference is position played but even then both are near the end. North offer isn’t to far off it given what they traded Darling for. If not pick 61 then throw in a swap of future third round picks.

Parker is still a pretty good player.

Darling should have retired 2 years ago.

Sure, but you clearly see it as important. You may be spreading his salary over 3 years, but it's still a fair commitment.

Pick 62 and F4 is a "happy to walk away" offer.

Both clubs want it to happen. It won't be a 2nd rounder, but neither club would take the opening offer (or your offer) as serious. It's just part of the process.
62 and a F4 is pick 62 as 4th rounders have no value from next year onwards

Wonder if we can package our two firsts with and f1 and bring in either pick 2 or 3 from wce or north ?

Zero chance. Less than zero chance forget the points which is a rubbish guide there is no way any club would trade a top 2 pick for 3 junk late firsts

Why are we basing our valuation off the Eagles?

Geez that is one helluva pitch.

I couldn't pick the kid out of a line-up and I'd sign him right now.
I haven't seen any highlights of him, but did see him break down into tears during his interview after winning the VFL premiership with Werribee. He clearly has a lot of passion for the game and comes across as the sort of player who will do anything for his teammates. True leadership material sensed when listening to him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

just heard on trade radio... Swans having a late go for Houston!

Trade radio yeah…honestly they think every club is having a go at Houston. What club hasn’t so far. Last position we need to target anyway

Dream draft would be:

#19 Cooper Hynes
#23 Matt Whitlock

#44 (from North) Dom Brew

#58 match Joel Cochran

Rookie Joe Harrison

***Would need us to delist a main list spot and that would Konstanty who i don't see anyone sniffing around him for a trade

Why not? Both players same draft/age almost identical games. It’s a reasonable proxy.

What do you think Parker is worth?
one big difference is Parker is contracted .. and Parker is being offered a longer contract. - therefore worth more in a trade.
Personally happy with a pick or future pick in the late 30's.
In saying that, I like every one else on here has no idea what the Swans plans are.. eg, how many draftees, are there any gems we have our eye on late in the draft, are we going to combine our 2 x 1sts and trade up, do we want picks (points) next year to match academy kids?????? So what I think really doesn't matter

Why not? Both players same draft/age almost identical games. It’s a reasonable proxy.

What do you think Parker is worth?
Because it's the Eagles valuation of Darling, not necessarily going to be the same as our valuation of Parker in very different club circumstances.

I've stated a number of times I think we accept their current 3rd and I'd be ok with that. Maybe future 3rd, but prefer this year.

I'd like a future swap included, i.e. swap future 3rds, but we want to make the trade happen as well.

Pick 70 odd or what every it is doesn't cover us until around pick 60 and multiple people have Cochran around the 45-55 mark

Do you mean we want to get a pick in we can use before a bid comes for Cochran? If so, that makes sense.

On a completely different topic, is there any merit to the notion of offering a deal to Tim Membrey? He's out of contract, near the back of his career but had a decent season in an area of need for us (medium tall forward) based only on a cursory glance at his stats. No idea if he'd be interested but might be if we're offering more than the Saints. I haven't followed his season at all

Apart from Horse and Macca there wouldn't be many left at the club from when he departed.

one big difference is Parker is contracted .. and Parker is being offered a longer contract. - therefore worth more in a trade.
Personally happy with a pick or future pick in the late 30's.
In saying that, I like every one else on here has no idea what the Swans plans are.. eg, how many draftees, are there any gems we have our eye on late in the draft, are we going to combine our 2 x 1sts and trade up, do we want picks (points) next year to match academy kids?????? So what I think really doesn't matter
Darling is contracted too, though I don't think we have to just accept what other clubs do.

Do you mean we want to get a pick in we can use before a bid comes for Cochran? If so, that makes sense.

On a completely different topic, is there any merit to the notion of offering a deal to Tim Membrey? He's out of contract, near the back of his career but had a decent season in an area of need for us (medium tall forward) based only on a cursory glance at his stats. No idea if he'd be interested but might be if we're offering more than the Saints. I haven't followed his season at all

Apart from Horse and Macca there wouldn't be many left at the club from when he departed.
No what im saying is that Cochran is gearedto go between 40-55 and our pick 58 is primed to match him there. There is no point using pick 58 in a trade to just get up the order to around pick #25 in the Parker trade.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Back