List Mgmt. 2024 GWS Giants List Management - Academy, Free Agent, Trade & Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Current reporting on potential Stringer trade this morning:

STRINGER MOVE INCOMING?

Essendon forward Jake Stringer will reportedly request a trade to GWS as soon as the club indicates it wants him. The contracted 30-year-old is open to joining GWS but will wait for the Giants’ final tick of approval before formally asking for a move, per Nine’s Tom Morris.

“GWS is still doing its due diligence on Jake Stringer, who is yet to officially request a trade to the Giants,” Morris wrote on X on Tuesday. “If GWS gives the (final tick), which sources believe is likely, Stringer will ask for a trade and the Giants (and) Dons will get to work.”

Herald Sun journalist Jay Clark also reported Stringer is ‘seriously considering’ the proposal on the table from the Giants, adding he would be paid in the realm of $450,000 per season plus bonuses.

Multiple reports have indicated Stringer — who booted 42 goals this year — would pen a two-year deal if a move to the Giants was agreed to by all parties. The latter of GWS’ two third-rounders is expected to be tabled to the Bombers in a trade.

Essendon list boss Matt Rosa acknowledged there’d been “some interest” in Stringer, adding discussions would continue with the forward’s camp. “We’ll see where that lands,” Rosa said on Monday. "We’ll keep in constant contact with Jake’s management. We understand there’s the aspect of (contract) tenure that’s been discussed, but we’ll continue to work through that (situation).”

Herald Sun journalist Jay Clark also reported Stringer is ‘seriously considering’ the proposal on the table from the Giants, adding he would be paid in the realm of $450,000 per season plus bonuses.

Multiple reports have indicated Stringer — who booted 42 goals this year — would pen a two-year deal if a move to the Giants was agreed to by all parties. The latter of GWS’ two third-rounders is expected to be tabled to the Bombers in a trade.
Not awful in terms of what we're giving up, but eh...

So Riccardi’s spot - Keefe only played because Ricca was injured (or coming back from). Keefe is break glass in case of emergency

Thanks, but I’d rather keep Riccardi
Riccardi missed what 5 weeks with a finger injury....? He's just not up to it. Stringer is twice as good as Riccardi and can play midfield. Riccardi is only able to poorly pinch hit in the ruck. This is a non-argument imo

Four years for $600k is crazy. I can't hold that against James, that's legitimately life changing money for a guy who came through the MSD after missing several draft opportunities.

Four years for $600k is crazy. I can't hold that against James, that's legitimately life changing money for a guy who came through the MSD after missing several draft opportunities.
absolutely.
I would have knocked them over to grab the pen to sign it if I was him.

We should also not match it.

12:38 - AFL.com.au's Cal Twomey believes Jake Stringer's attempts to get to Greater Western Sydney will be successful.

Twomey reported last week that the Giants have interest in the contracted Essendon forward, who is hoping to sign a deal of at least two years. Twomey says a deal is not done yet, but his feeling is Stringer will be at the Giants in 2025.

"My gut feel is this will happen and he'll end up at the Giants," Twomey said on Gettable on AFL Trade Radio. "He wants to play for GWS next year and finish his career strongly. I think there'll be an element of a chip on his shoulder in 2025. There'll probably be a meeting over the 24 hours or so in which we'll probably see all parties want to pursue this. But there's probably still a way to go until all parties get to that point. The Giants I expect to put forward a later pick, maybe their pick 56." - Martin Smith

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had to take a photo.
Is this the first time the media has said this about our cap?
View attachment 2136313

We have to trade a player we have developed and want to keep to get a player who is 30+ that his team wants to get rid of?

Yeah, tell em they’re dreaming. These are separate matters. If Stone goes they need to find a selection.

We have to trade a player we have developed and want to keep to get a player who is 30+ that his team wants to get rid of?

Yeah, tell em they’re dreaming. These are separate matters. If Stone goes they need to find a selection.
Yep, this is not 2013 when we traded a young Taylor Adams for an ageing Heath Shaw.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 GWS Giants List Management - Academy, Free Agent, Trade & Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back