List Mgmt. 2024 GWS Giants List Management - Academy, Free Agent, Trade & Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Isn’t it the perfect moneyball theory. Bring ina guy who has faults but makes the team better overall.

Stringer replacing Keefe is removing the 23rd best player in the side with someone in the 6-10 range. Gives us a different look through the midfield for small bursts and Cadman, Toby and hogan get a better look at it cause no team can leave Stringer alone or he will tear them apart.

Hogan was seen as risky off field but on field the talent was top shelf. Same deal here. If other players can’t get a game cause we get stringer it’s cause they aren’t good enough not cause stringer is here. Ricca/Brown are the 2 most likely but injuries happen

If he was good enough he would have. 😉
He missed as he had injured his finger, also concerns about Briggs hence selecting keefe who is a better ruck though not as good as a forward as Riccardi.
I think best to only get one of shiel and stringer, I see some merit in both, also negatives.

Last edited:
He missed as he had unjuredred his finger, also concerns about Briggs hence selecting keefe who is a better ruck though not as good as a forward as Riccardi.
I think best to only get one of shiel and stringer, I see some merit in both, also negatives.
I know just covering my ass. Badly🤣
He was available though, just not match fit.

Shiel will work well for us with his speed out of the ruck contest.
Stringer taking the second defender gives a 3rd year Cadders an open slather.

If we can get both on the cheap in trade and cost, there is no downside.
Which is what I said about Jessie.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

**** it send the traitor to PSD
I used to feel sorry for the crows given the dodgy way they where cheated out of Bryce Gibbs as a father/ son, also the Swans dodgily getting Tippet for free then the draft penalties for the crows.
I think they where bullied by bigger clubs, think they can then do the same to us.
Perhaps offer 16,peatling for their 2025f1, otherwise he goes psd to North

Then somebody who's lower than you guys will pick him up for free.
And? If they are stumbling over a f2 then the pick ain’t worth jack anyway.
We screw them like they have done to us before and are trying to do again.
GIF by Giffffr

I used to feel sorry for the crows given the dodgy way they where cheated out of Bryce Gibbs as a father/ son, also the Swans dodgily getting Tippet for free then the draft penalties for the crows.
I think they where bullied by bigger clubs, think they can then do the same to us.
Sorry to intrude, but on this, your suggestion may be closer to the mark than what you may have intended IF we can open up another list spot. 16 is likely to be in the hitting zone for Dodson who our club rates very highly and they may well be open to parting with the F1 in that case although not sure how it goes if Dodson is taken earlier? Watch for us delisting or trading someone under contract and then your suggestion may be on the money

I liked Mark Williams. Even if he was pissed off, his logical move should have been to wait another year and then be head coach? Sliding door moment, but think if we had Williams instead of Leon, we would have won our inaugural premiership already. Oh well….
Maybe.
Leon helped create a great culture.
2017-19 we couldn't get a healthy list when it mattered (or at all really)

Shiel actually suits our gamestyle… high handball and power running.
Stringer doesn’t… he applies no pressure when he doesn’t have the ball.
We already have enough dangerous forwards. I’d rather have McMullen in there.
Stringer is not a replacement for Keeffe either… they are vastly different players.
McMullen will play without doubt.
I expect Gothard and Leake play plenty as well.

It really is poor when a number of posters here mentioned it would be likely be so.

It's worse seeing it as I was happy to give them the benefit of the doubt at the time.

And? If they are stumbling over a f2 then the pick ain’t worth jack anyway.
We screw them like they have done to us before and are trying to do again.
GIF by Giffffr
I got the impression reading the tweet that both clubs are waiting to see if trades go through for Derkson and O'Halloran and what your 2025 draft hand looks like before committing to any trades prior

It actually seems prudent

Maybe I'm wrong, and we really are just the devil incarnate

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 GWS Giants List Management - Academy, Free Agent, Trade & Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back