Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

Cheers to Lore for their hard work in setting this up, and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft - and please practice patience grasshoppers if it's not updated in the immediate aftermath of completed trade

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

Also,

2024 Free Agency Period

The AFL introduced free agency at the end of the 2012 season, giving players another vehicle where they can transfer from one club to another. Free agency is a common form of player movement in major football and sporting codes around the world.

Free Agency Opens: Friday October 4 at 9.00am
Free Agency Closes: Friday October 11 at 5.00pm

Continental Tyres AFL Trade Period

Trade Period Opens: Monday October 7 at 9.00am
Trade Period Closes: Wednesday October 16 at 7.30pm

If we were to bag Smith and Oliver, our mf becomes immediately elite, and gives us the option to play Danger forward more in his last year or two, as the younger guys develop around him. But…Oliver, for example, has built his reputation roving to Gawn. Our ruck stocks are precarious, to say the least.
Stanley was serviceable this year, but cooked and has both feet almost out the door.
I really like Conway, but is he another case of a body just not resilient enough for the rigours of AFL?
Blicavs is far from the future of our rucks.
SDK. I’m not sure he’s capable of rucking permanently, physically. It’s a nice little experiment but I still believe he’s an AA potential key defender. Just needs his mojo back.
We have a weak draft hand for any rucks this year once we trade for Oliver/Smith.
So who carries the ruck burden around this potential mf?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If we were to bag Smith and Oliver, our mf becomes immediately elite, and gives us the option to play Danger forward more in his last year or two, as the younger guys develop around him. But…Oliver, for example, has built his reputation roving to Gawn. Our ruck stocks are precarious, to say the least.
Stanley was serviceable this year, but cooked and has both feet almost out the door.
I really like Conway, but is he another case of a body just not resilient enough for the rigours of AFL?
Blicavs is far from the future of our rucks.
SDK. I’m not sure he’s capable of rucking permanently, physically. It’s a nice little experiment but I still believe he’s an AA potential key defender. Just needs his mojo back.
We have a weak draft hand for any rucks this year once we trade for Oliver/Smith.
So who carries the ruck burden around this potential mf?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rucks are overrated just have to be serviceable …who are teams going to give their attention to ? Smith? Oliver? Holmes? danger ? Guthrie ?

It isn’t the problem you think it’s going to be

Anyone else hear old mates story about Oliver on SEN just before 😂
Michael Jackson Popcorn GIF

We are listening

I listen most of the day but turned it off.

Do spill.

Michael Jackson Popcorn GIF

We are listening

Some old codger called up and said he was at the pub the other day. Clayton walked in an placed a bet at the tab… he walked up to him and showed him his Melbourne membership and asked him “are you really leaving” and Clayton just said “yes”…. Then he asked again “are you leaving Melbourne? You’re not going to Geelong are you” and Clayton said “yes.. I’m leaving. I want to go to Geelong But they can’t make a deal so I’ll be going somewhere else, whoever has a top 4 pick which is what Melbourne want”… was funny, the old fella sounded 100% serious

Some old codger called up and said he was at the pub the other day. Clayton walked in an placed a bet at the tab… he walked up to him and showed him his Melbourne membership and asked him “are you really leaving” and Clayton just said “yes”…. Then he asked again “are you leaving Melbourne? You’re not going to Geelong are you” and Clayton said “yes.. I’m leaving. I want to go to Geelong But they can’t make a deal so I’ll be going somewhere else, whoever has a top 4 pick which is what Melbourne want”… was funny, the old fella sounded 100% serious
Funnily enough i believe that more than Sam Mclure, the narrative all along has been Melbourne wanting the best return however anyone that gives a top 4 pick for him is stupid

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here's more from Sam McClure this evening.

The four-time Melbourne best and fairest has been spotted several times in his home town of Shepparton this week, training weights and running.

A source at Geelong, who wasn’t willing to speak publicly given that Oliver still has six years of his contract still to run at Melbourne, said the star midfielder was willing to take a pay cut if it helped get a deal across the line.

A source at Oliver’s management confirmed a pay cut was a viable option but didn’t wish to speak publicly.

Former Cat and Demon Shannon Byrnes, who is from Shepparton and is an old boy of the local football club, has emerged as a crucial figure in the Oliver situation.

Byrnes has been a strong advocate for the recruiting of Oliver to Geelong, according to two sources at the Cattery.
When this masthead contacted Byrnes on Thursday to ask about his relationship with Oliver, he diverted us to the Cats.

IMG_4968.jpeg

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back