List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – big fish Tom Campbell in 🎣🐟, ANB departs to the Crows for pick 28 😢

Who do you want with Pick 5 (6)?

• Luke Trainor (194cm, Key Defender, Sandringham Dragons)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tobie Travaglia (187cm, Defender, Bendigo Pioneers)

• Taj Hotton (182cm, Forward/Midfielder, Sandringham Dragons)

• Alix Tauru (191cm, Key Defender, Gippsland Power)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Alex Neal-Bullen (Traded)
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Lachie Hunter (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:
  • Tom Campbell (Free Agent)
  • Pick 28* (Trade)

Last edited:
Wowee. GC have rocks in their head if they don't take this. Well and truly overs for a young kid most likely around Tholstrups standard. We must really rate someone around that pick.
Apparently a deep/even first round this year.

Richmond’s potential draft hand. Apparently we will target one with our future 1st pick. Would anyone be happy to drop back for say pick 5 and a future 1st for 10, 14, 20.

View attachment 2135485

I think pick 5 is too valuable personally. Wouldn't be giving that up to drop back to mid to late first round picks where the hit rate becomes less likely. I feel we need top end talent and there's a few at the top end who could potentially bring that to our club.
I think I would firstly try to trade our future 1st Rnd pick into this draft... via adding another pick to get a deal done. Either Bummers, Freo, or GCS 1st Rnd picks.?

Having achieved that... I would then set out to trade P5 UP,,, to 1st or 2nd pick.?
My aim would be Jagga, or other, with foot speed, and step thru heavy traffic ability, run&carry to break the lines from defensive side of the square areas.

This would be my main aim from this draft, run and foot speed in an draftee, who is an inside type mid.

My 2nd appeal would be a classy mid/halfback, like a Zorko type, who can organize our exits from the back 50mtrs to speed up our exits.... forget lever he is a one trick pony who has treacle like attributes ?Re exiting from the back-line. And he doesn't have the kicking ability to take on the kicks out of D50, to hit-up a fast break thru the corridor.

Our current methods of slow play are boring, and don't work nowadays with today's methods.
And it kills our tall forwards ability to compete in an even playing field.

We NEED SpeeD.!

I don't have Tholstrup and Lalor in the same tier as talents myself. No disrespect to Koltyn, but I loved him last year mostly for his knockabout character and demeanor out on field. Even if he only just ends up being a solid footballer rather than a star he'll stick around for a long time and be a fan and club favourite as a bloke everyone loves.
:thumbsu:

The fact Chandler finished 8th in the BnF suggests his role is more than kicking goals.

I don't rate him that highly but he's doing a lot right from the coaches POV.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
This is spot on Dr.
Its obvious what his role is by his frequency of winning ball around halfback... and running it, or kicking it on-wards from there. he is sneaky good when he ends up inside the forward half attacking, presenting, finding targets inside.
He has taken over Spargos role, it would seem.

This is spot on Dr.
Its obvious what his role is by his frequency of winning ball around halfback... and running it, or kicking it on-wards from there. he is sneaky good when he ends up inside the forward half attacking, presenting, finding targets inside.
He has taken over Spargos role, it would seem.
Definitely a victim of the set up we have. Having said that, I'm really not convinced he's a best 22 player. He does do a lot of defensive things that go unnoticed, but I'd love to see more goals from him and setting up play more. But again, that is probably because of the structure and style over his abilities.

Roffey was quiet to the point of invisibility

Green (even prior to presidency) is staunchly defensive to against any rumours, negative feedback or valid media criticism. Always was and always will be a board yes man

Prove them wrong by sacking Goodwin, Pert and Lamb! I believe in you Brad Green. :rainbow:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably not a bad shout but I feel the club is drastically overrating how good we are going into 2025.

At least if they have unrealistically high expectations, it will hasten Goodwin's departure when we inevitably fail.

Would rather not sacrifice part of our future to do it though.
From wanting out of this draft completely with a trade for Houston to trading away (early) future firsts to get meh picks in it.
Directionless shitshow. Just making moves for the sake of it.

QUOTE="Bluelegs, post: 85736864, member: 129410"]
Apparently a deep/even first round this year.
[/QUOTE]
Crazy Tim Lamb is in the house. Get him out before he buries this club completely

Nah, Dogs last year paid a shitload to get Sanders.
For those playing at home:

"Gold Coast trade picks 4, 46, 51 and a future third round pick to the Western Bulldogs for picks 10, 17 and and the Dogs’ future first-round pick."

For those playing at home:

"Gold Coast trade picks 4, 46, 51 and a future third round pick to the Western Bulldogs for picks 10, 17 and and the Dogs’ future first-round pick."
Thanks for that.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – big fish Tom Campbell in 🎣🐟, ANB departs to the Crows for pick 28 😢

Back