List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – big fish Tom Campbell in 🎣🐟, ANB departs to the Crows for pick 28 😢

Who do you want with Pick 5 (6)?

• Luke Trainor (194cm, Key Defender, Sandringham Dragons)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tobie Travaglia (187cm, Defender, Bendigo Pioneers)

• Taj Hotton (182cm, Forward/Midfielder, Sandringham Dragons)

• Alix Tauru (191cm, Key Defender, Gippsland Power)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Alex Neal-Bullen (Traded)
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Lachie Hunter (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:
  • Tom Campbell (Free Agent)
  • Pick 28* (Trade)

Last edited:
Cringe, cringe everywhere
Lloyd should have a crack at Green for playing shit in the 00 Grand Final. Then things will really spice up.

Feelings about Oliver aside, does anyone else think it's unbelievably stupid for our club president to be tweeting about stuff like this, or am I on my own?
Nope, that's why I responded the way that I did. He's cringe. He's got a huge mess to sort out and he feels the need to jump on a platform and just add his two cents nuffy worth.

His best and fairest speech was horrible, and now this.

Feelings about Oliver aside, does anyone else think it's unbelievably stupid for our club president to be tweeting about stuff like this, or am I on my own?
Not really, probably shouldn't be coming from him but at least someone is communicating publically. Eddie would have done this 5 seconds after the report was published.

I don’t mind Green posting that. Heard more from him in 1 tweet than we did Roffey in 3 years.
Why am I not surprised, my contrarian friend lol.

Club presidents should never, ever be tweeting about trade rumours.

1. It's unprofessional
2. It's not his remit
3. It impacts your bargaining position
4. What happens if Oliver now kicks up a stink and demands a trade? If you go through with the deal, you look unbelievably stupid.
5. What happens if a club now comes with a great offer for Oliver? Do you do something unbelievably stupid and knock back the offer out of pride, or do you take the offer and again make yourself look unbelievably stupid?

On top of it all, he just paints himself a complete nuffy who has no restraint. Not a single thing to be gained from it.

Not really, probably shouldn't be coming from him but at least someone is communicating publically. Eddie would have done this 5 seconds after the report was published.
Agree to disagree, there. Think he's acting like a total idiot in this instance. Appears way out of his depth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair enough. I think he's acting like a leader and taking charge. We criticised Roffey for being invisible. Can't have it both ways.
Get what you're saying, but there's a time, subject matter and place for a club president to chime in. Whinging about trade rumours on Twitter is not any of those.

Get what you're saying, but there's a time, subject matter and place for a club president to chime in. Whinging about trade rumours on Twitter is not any of those.
Oh absolutely. It's unprofessional at best. It's just nice to see some sort of leadership in a time of crises, even if he has gone the wrong way about it.

We have a genuine nuffy as president. Only need to look at his twitter history prior to getting appointed to work that out and even as president he cant help himself. Backing yourself into a corner on social media is so ****ing dumb. Just when you think this club couldn't get anymore cringe they go and appoint Brad Green.

Oh absolutely. It's unprofessional at best. It's just nice to see some sort of leadership in a time of crises, even if he has gone the wrong way about it.
I dunno that it's really leadership. Yes he's more out there than Roffey, but he's just being a nuffy online really, not delivering a particularly thought out or planned approach to the issue. As Scythe said, can backfire in a heap of ways and doesn't help the club at all. That he can be baited so easily will probably fuel more of this kind of reporting around Oliver/Trac etc.

This is all coming from McClure, yeah? There's like three days of trade period left and he hasn't even requested a trade. Neither club has said anything about it since it was shut down on Monday. Are there any actual conversations happening between the clubs? This really feels like one that makes for a good talking point so we continue to hear about it every day despite nothing changing.
McLure is a deadset campaigner. He and Morris can EAD.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – big fish Tom Campbell in 🎣🐟, ANB departs to the Crows for pick 28 😢

Back