List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Their B&F winner is 30, Gawn and May will be 33, 3rd in their B&F has departed, Oliver is a shit show, a lot of their depth is 29+ & they finished the season with 5 wins and 10 losses.

I'm not buying that stock.
Weve got no idea who Trac comes back and besides Rivers they have **** all pushing into their aging midfield and Viney is one paced.

Van Rooyen comes on a bit but the rest of their natural development is ****ing average at best.

To me they are alot like Richmond a couple seasons back, its either top up for one last crack or cop the bottom out, they seems to be hedging and i can see it going pear shaped more than i can see it working.

Given that Soldo didn't attend the B&F and seems to be totally against staying there.
And given our concern was that he wouldn't last the whole 3 years of the contract with his knee.

I wonder if we'll end up with him anyway, but for nothing in the end on a 1 year deal. Or maybe we burnt the bridge there by reneging on the multi-year deal we'd sold to him.

Surely he ends up on a list somewhere? Or can Port still delist him and he gets picked up as a rookie or something?
The annual ruckman merry go round might well see him coming.

Id expect he might ask Port to delist him and just try his hand with any Melbourne club if he wants to come back, there would be plenty who would take him on a 1-2 year deal for 200-300k if he wants to come home.

Their B&F winner is 30, Gawn and May will be 33, 3rd in their B&F has departed, Oliver is a shit show, a lot of their depth is 29+ & they finished the season with 5 wins and 10 losses.

1728863450323.png

1728863545180.png
They were both grand final winning sides.

Don’t sleep on talent because of ages.

Hopefully they have one last run in them that results in a top 4 finish, out in straight sets & a mid 20’s pick for the Dopers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats fine, although id note that having a player nominate you and then not getting the deal done argurably does as much damage as you think Power will do by not getting a deal done.

Players have been held to contracts before and not been disgruntled. Dunkley, Papley and O'Keefe off the top of my head. Theres no real indication he would be disgruntled and the dogs have postured that they would happily have him stay.

Saying you dont wanna spend any more than a 3rd rounder is completely fair enough, everyone will value players differently but i think your logic for why its worse for them than us that it might not happen is pretty flawed.
I'd argue that paying overs does much more damage than not getting a deal done.

Especially when you get labelled as a sucker who will pay through the nose just to get a player in.

I'd argue that paying overs does much more damage than not getting a deal done.

Especially when you get labelled as a sucker who will pay through the nose just to get a player in.
I wouldnt.

How do you reckon Brayshaw or LDU might feel about us needing to get a deal done for them if their clubs match next year and they look at the Macrae deal and note we werent willing to slide back 8 picks in the second round to get him.

All the dogs are doing here is holding a player (who id note has made no noise publically or privately that hes desperate to get out) to his contract. We would be the ones short changing to not get him. Its also like whats the difference between the 8 picks in the second round and the third? Its **** all in points (less than the third rounder we have). Like im not suggesting we give them a first or anything.

Again, i dont really mind if we do walk away if we think that the second round swap is too steep, i just think theres alot of Saints blinkers on about who that reflects poorly on.

Last edited:

"Hawthorn offers Josh Battle a contract, St Kilda receives pick 8 compensation. St Kilda holds it... Holds it... HOLDS IT.

I am bored but I'm glad we're holding it...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldnt.

How do you reckon Brayshaw or LDU might feel about us needing to get a deal done for them if their clubs match next year and they look at the Macrae deal and note we werent willing to slide back 8 picks in the second round to get him.

All the dogs are doing here is holding a player (who id note has made no noise publically or privately that hes desperate to get out) to his contract. We would be the ones short changing to not get him.

Again, i dont really mind if we do walk away if we think that the second round swap is too steep, i just think theres alot of Saints blinkers on about who that reflects poorly on.
In the past I would agree with you re honouring a player nominating a team, thats why i was adamant we had to do the 5 in 2019.
Feel like it has changed a bit. Usually the player was OOC, a player in contract is harder to get out. Feels like us saying no to Soldo has had no effect and also seems like most supporters do feel like it is a disaster if we don't get Macrae.
I think LDU and Brayshaw will be OOC so a bit different.

You heard Grant Thomas on the booze and decide we are shit and should trade out Sinclair and Steele for picks play kids and get more kids like it’s 2001 again
Didn’t hear any of it but IF you were looking to trade any of our high value older players this is the year to do it. Value dropping as we move forward and you’re then trading for picks in a weaker draft etc.

There’s nothing new about it nor is it controversial imo. Personally I think we’ve seen what happens without senior talent so I wouldn’t do it but to get maximum young talent on the list and maximise value yes and add Marshall to the list.

ClubGivesGets
St Kilda8, 27, 47, F1, F23, 13, 63
West Coast3, Tom Barrass, F38, 27, Liam Baker, F2 (Hawks)
HawthornF1, F2, F2Tom Barrass, 47
RichmondLiam BakerF1 (Hawks), F3 (West Coast)
Gold Coast13F1 (St Kilda), F2(St Kilda), F2(Carlton)

• GC & Richmond likely value Futures more than current picks
  • We will need an exemption from the AFL to trade out F1 + F2 but should be find as we have drafted a lot recently
  • West Coast are a little stiff depends how badly they want Liam Baker, currently valued at Pick 10/11 by Freo

I wouldnt.

All the dogs are doing here is holding a player (who id note has made no noise publically or privately that hes desperate to get out) to his contract. We would be the ones short changing to not get him. Its also like whats the difference between the 8 picks in the second round and the third? Its **** all in points (less than the third rounder we have). Like im not suggesting we give them a first or anything.

Yet we got the Hill deal done & people still whine about it.

How are you getting a slide of 8 picks?

We're offering 47, they want 27.

In the past I would agree with you re honouring a player nominating a team, thats why i was adamant we had to do the 5 in 2019.
Feel like it has changed a bit. Usually the player was OOC, a player in contract is harder to get out. Feels like us saying no to Soldo has had no effect and also seems like most supporters do feel like it is a disaster if we don't get Macrae.
I think LDU and Brayshaw will be OOC so a bit different.
Soldo is a little different theres clearly a medical issue were a bit worried about here, were backing out as we became aware of that. Macrae has no such issue hanging over his head.

I think theres a stack of scenarios where the deal doesnt get done and no one looks like the bad guy like its not all or nothing. Im just saying its really biased to think that only the dogs can look like pricks if it doesnt get done and it turns out that what we were not willing to do was the equivalent of pick 58 (which is the draft calculator for swapping second rounders).

For all we know that wouldnt get it done and i agree the pure second rounder alone is overs for him.

Yet we got the Hill deal done & people still whine about it.

How are you getting a slide of 8 picks?

We're offering 47, they want 27.
We offered 47 and they said not enough

They said 27 and we said too much.

Swap our 27 for their 35 seems like the logical compromise. Maybe its not and they still dont agree but people are suggesting thats too much and 47 is fair. I dont agree with that and this it smacks of us undervaluing guys from other clubs.

Back to worrying about how we mightily **** up picks 7+8 in that 3 way now
I just want us to not get involved for the sake of it.

7/8 is a really strong draft hand.

Probably the best spot to be in the top 10
Why break it up it makes no sense.

Only reason to break it is for a godfather offer on draft night

North trading their F1 for 13 is an absolute joke. They've had that many handouts they are starting to act like the Suns during trade week with their picks and need to be relevant.

Speaking of relevancy, I wonder what we are going to do now.

Melbourne had picks to burn so can understand that one, but North have just blown uo the market now. You can only assume they'll finish bottom 4 again.

My only thought now is we get 3 and 20 for 8, F1 & 27 (assuming F2 isn't possible) - 3, 7 & 20 might be a chance but the way it's heading we might be going into draft night with 7, 8 & 27.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back