List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd be happy with Melbourne's 2025 first round pick + Kako + those picks.
I’m of the opinion that their demise is exaggerated.

With a cooked Oliver they were in and around the top 4 being carried by Gawn and Petracca.

They are now adding 2 top 10 picks.

A chance to get Oliver somewhere between his best and last season and a fully fit list.

We picked up Wilson with pick 18 , Phillipou with pick 10 and Nas with pick 11 - sometimes it better to stick with what you are given - however the guy who selected these kids is he still at the club.
If he is imagine what he can do with 7 and 8
This point exactly.

Given our good work selecting Pou, Nas and Wilson recently I'd rather split pick 8 for two mid-teen selections than be selling the farm for a top 3 pick.

If we were going to do it, I'd only want to move up for Jagga (and he's probably going to go pick 1 or 2, so it's not even worth fantasizing about).

Also a reasonable suggestion although Macrae is substantially better than Kennedy.
Certainly was at his best but that’s in the rear view mirror I’m afraid, Kennedy would be a handy pick up and Carlton have him in the window. I’d be making it clear to the dogs 27 isn’t in the discussion and we’re moving on if 47 which will come in isn’t enough.

Kennedy might be an inspired choice anyway with a real chance to get big inside minutes with us.

Last edited:
I think actually that it’s us who has the whip hand.
We can take him or leave him - as we have just demonstrated with Soldo.

We’d much rather pay the salary than give a better pick.
Also, a really bad look for the Dogs if they are not prepared to deal fairly with a long-standing player who has a desire to leave.

Power’s going to get a reputation like Dodoro who few clubs wanted to deal with.

Would you be excited with a draft hand consisting of once a Kako bid is matched:

32, 40, 46, 54

Because I wouldn’t. Those picks might come in 3-4 spots overall on draft night - after they slide out 4.
This is what happens to a club further on when there is an egotist involved.

Dodoro was there for the 20 years they haven't won a flag, and then leaves them with a bind where they have to trade out a top ten pick in a strong even draft to a shallow compromised draft next year so they can fulfill getting an NGA. Their draft hand is appalling this year.

Power should take note. Doesn't get these deals done he looks like a fool. Smith walks to the PSD, Saints DGAF by the looks considering they haven't contacted them yet and he is treating two premiership players like s.hit.

Adam Cooney spitballing.

Trade Steele to GWS for 16.
Trade Sinclair to Carlton for 12.
Trade Clark to NM for 25
Trade F1 & F2 to GC for 13.

Saints end up with 7, 8, 12, 13, 16, 25, 27, 47.

Draft to win a flag in 2028.

Never mind that we would have destroyed the fabric of the club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Adam Cooney has almost no understanding of our list at all and actively dislikes us. Hearing him on the radio talking to Saints callers, he is a condescending arseh*le to them.

We hold the whip hand, over a contracted player who hasnt indicated in any way that hed be pissed off to remain at the dogs?

Yeh, i cant see how that makes sense.

I dont think Sam Power is gonna do his reputation any favours if he doesnt get other deals done but this one seems very much like it could not get done by the deadline and nobody but us will care.
As I said - we take it or leave it.
We’ve shown we’re prepared to do it.

He requested a trade. Pretty sure that’s because he wants to move.
Obvious issues with how Bevo has played him. Why would you wanted a disgruntled player on your list for another 3 years - and be paying him?
Shortsighted as.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very much doubt we'd do that and actually think it's a poor deal for West Coast too.
A lose-lose instead of a win-win haha. Something has to break this deadlock.
And the clubs that hold 20s picks need a reason to slide back aswell.

They would be better feeding their 2025.

Go full youth next season. Get a top 3 pick and trading like maniacs to feed the academy and father son clubs for first rounders
maybe we should do that, I'm starting to be a bit skeptical of the 'dual-narrative' which clubs have pulled that off?

Adam Cooney has almost no understanding of our list at all and actively dislikes us. Hearing him on the radio talking to Saints callers, he is a condescending arseh*le to them.
Yep I've lost any respect for him as a journo/footy analyst. I can't listen to trade radio in the AM anymore.

If we do get Pick 3 do we threaten Adelaide to take Draper and try to move back to pick 4 with Adelaide giving us something else?

Their next pick is 46 (not very useful) .... but maybe we could trade pick 3 for their pick 4 + F2 .... how desperate are they for Draper?

Or do you just take Draper?
I don't mind this.

Although I'd REALLY like Draper I'd probably like Jagga a little more.

The difference in points between 2 and 3 is 200 (equiv of pick 56), so a F2 would be the minimum.

As I said - we take it or leave it.
We’ve shown we’re prepared to do it.

He requested a trade. Pretty sure that’s because he wants to move.
Obvious issues with how Bevo has played him. Why would you wanted a disgruntled player on your list for another 3 years - and be paying him?
Shortsighted as.
Thats fine, although id note that having a player nominate you and then not getting the deal done argurably does as much damage as you think Power will do by not getting a deal done.

Players have been held to contracts before and not been disgruntled. Dunkley, Papley and O'Keefe off the top of my head. Theres no real indication he would be disgruntled and the dogs have postured that they would happily have him stay.

Saying you dont wanna spend any more than a 3rd rounder is completely fair enough, everyone will value players differently but i think your logic for why its worse for them than us that it might not happen is pretty flawed.

A lose-lose instead of a win-win haha. Something has to break this deadlock.

maybe we should do that, I'm starting to be a bit skeptical of the 'dual-narrative' which clubs have pulled that off?
Well if we have 3 picks in the top 15 of this draft.

It’s hard to argue it’s anything but a youth policy and trying to remain competitive as opposed to a full rebuild.

I still stand by my opinion that I wouldn’t want pick 1 this year. You don’t say that about many drafts.

I’m of the opinion that their demise is exaggerated.

With a cooked Oliver they were in and around the top 4 being carried by Gawn and Petracca.

They are now adding 2 top 10 picks.

A chance to get Oliver somewhere between his best and last season and a fully fit list.

Their B&F winner is 30, Gawn and May will be 33, 3rd in their B&F has departed, Oliver is a shit show, a lot of their depth is 29+ & they finished the season with 5 wins and 10 losses.

I'm not buying that stock.

Given that Soldo didn't attend the B&F and seems to be totally against staying there.
And given our concern was that he wouldn't last the whole 3 years of the contract with his knee.

I wonder if we'll end up with him anyway, but for nothing in the end on a 1 year deal. Or maybe we burnt the bridge there by reneging on the multi-year deal we'd sold to him.

Surely he ends up on a list somewhere? Or can Port still delist him and he gets picked up as a rookie or something?

GIF by MOODMAN

Replace elephant with amazing draft pick trades for nothing and Maclobster for a packet of chips.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back