List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Prediction- Who is delisted this year(not retirements).

• Berry

• McCluggage

• Lyons

• McCarthy

• Answerth

• Lane

• Prior

• Madden

• Lester

• Joyce

• Zorko

• Michael

• Brain

• Reville

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

We actually offered him more than what Collingwood was but okay
Yeah. Dan left the club to win a premiership. I mean it pretty much worked out the way he thought it was just a shame he couldn’t play the GF. It’s well known he thought this team peaked in his last year here. Plus pies sorted out his partner with a sweet legal gig…

I think it worked out well his old teammates won a premiership and he didn’t.

Wonder how happy we are with MFC throwing its picks away to Essendon in the manner it did particularly those picks 40 (429) and 46 (331) and only leaving 49 (287) for Sharp?

Did we need the extra points even b/w 46 and 49 of 44 points or are they all inconsequetnail?

If this goes through as suggested by Twomey, will be interesting to see what we get for Sharp... Dees seem to be trading away most of their 2024 currency.

Edit:

Pick 49 left for Sharp - 287 points

If Essendon lose (or draw) one more game this year, they end up with pick 5 (in a supposedly strong draft) instead of Melbourne's future first, and still get Kako anyway.

Listening Sarah Oly and some other bloke talk about Brisbane's options to replace Joe is just painful listening and they're paid to talking footy and they are just clueless. Its surprising given only hardcore fans would listen/watch this yet their knowledge is targeted to people who have NFI and just buy this crap. Its pretty embarrassing tbh.

Listening Sarah Oly and some other bloke talk about Brisbane's options to replace Joe is just painful listening and they're paid to talking footy and they are just clueless. Its surprising given only hardcore fans would listen/watch this yet their knowledge is targeted to people who have NFI and just buy this crap. Its pretty embarrassing tbh.
I think they are just trying to throw names out there. I mean what they said is probably the most obvious options we have. But reef McInnes? Interesting….

It’s true though! I don’t think he’s a starter for them if all are fit but pendles and Sidebottom are super old, Mitchell missed most of the year, and their draft picks are unseen or unimpressive.

They are pretending that Perryman will play midfield at the moment.
Which is probably why it's a good move for Dev and Collingwood. I don't know what Collingwood have coming through, but given they're relying on Pendles, Sidebottom, Mitchell, you would imagine not much. Even if they're looking to draft an mid, they're drafting a skinny teenager. Even if Dev waits in the Collingwood reserves for much of 2025, he'll be in a man's body for the transition from one / multiple of P/S/M retiring end of next season.
In contrast, if Dev stays on our list he's never likely to make it considering our good fortune with Will & Levi, plus we have years' to go with Hugh, Bez, Bailey, Rayner, not to mention a few more to go for Lachie!

I didn't dislike the Reef McGinnis option from Josh

They are pretending that Perryman will play midfield at the moment.
Perryman had a good run in the midfield for GWS some time ago. The main issue is that he doesn't have a real weapon once he won the ball. I also don't think he had a $900,000 run.

They can just fill the airwaves with any crap because people are desperate for anything footy news. October is an awful period of radio listening... post GF but still waiting for cricket season to kick off!
...I've switched over to ABC. :oldman:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perryman had a good run in the midfield for GWS some time ago. The main issue is that he doesn't have a real weapon once he won the ball. I also don't think he had a $900,000 run.

This is an unfair comparison for Perryman but it reminds me of this:

1728866888365.png

We offered him a fair contract. Pies offered him overs. It happens.
My understanding is that we offered him around 450-500k/year with the possibility of some bonuses.
Collingwood offered 600k/yr.
In todays market and even back then, 600k for a decent and dependable KPP is pretty cheap.

I didn’t hear the segment but Riccardi is under contract next year so unless something pops up there in the next couple of days that isn’t an option (next year anyway).

If Riccardi is our plan for next trade period then I hate the plan. We can/should do better with a year to plan.

If there is not a Joe replacement that even gets close give it up and run with the kids !
We're basically doing that but looking for a cheap mature body to fill the hole if the kids are getting battered too much.

My understanding is that we offered him around 450-500k/year with the possibility of some bonuses.
Collingwood offered 600k/yr.
In todays market and even back then, 600k for a decent and dependable KPP is pretty cheap.
I’d say he was worth $600k - especially given his versatility.

It seemed to be we just wanted to have a different mix from 3 left-footed KPFs. McStay was also a perennial underperformer re actually kicking goals too.

I do wonder if Fages had the blinkers on with Gunston somewhat. He did start okay but didn’t seem to have his heart in it more than anything else.

Who knows what would have happened if he stayed! We got our flag :) Mcstay incidentally can count himself unlucky. He was awesome in the prelim, without him no way the pies win, kicked 2 and set one up in the Third quarter and changed the game. Not quite Oscar level of sacrifice but i am sure his teammates consider him a flag player.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Back