Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVII - 'Loopy' Gone Off The Rails

Remove this Banner Ad

Collingwood have done well.

They were very fortunate to have both Noble and Richards in demand from the two clubs who were linked via Luko.

They are also in a better financial position given most of their top-liners are on more modest contracts due to age. It made less sense for us to 'go all in' given our top-heavy list profile.

The seas parted and they found a way through.
They have paid a very high price for it. Old list and have traded themselves out of this year's and next year's drafts. Then Tas coming on the scene. Hard to see how they rejuvenate their list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m really on the fence, I think I prefer taking 12 & 14 into the draft, but if 3 is an outstanding talent then it makes more sense as it really could impact immediately & we are more likely to get games into the kids right away.

Either way I hope we make bold selection decisions in MC & really roll our young players thru the midfield rotations & forward/back line.

I wonder if going for pick 3 is finding a compromise between now vs future focus.

3 could play 15 years but also impact from round 1. That is far less likely with the players available at 12 and 14.

Agree re the above posts and the trade-offs here..

12 & 14 a lot to give up, the notion of percentages and some safety in 2 good picks etc.. but I imagine what would tip the scales on it, is if LM team see someone at 3, bankable ‘low/uncertainty’ type :
  • who’s got ‘breakaway-mid-speed’ traits, and,
  • can impact in our midfield right away, next year

IMO that speed into the midfield next year what would make it worth the trade up

Need bankable kid/s who can impact and not flange of hit/miss/bust

Footnote :
1. One of 12/14 plus steak knives to Port for Houston also worth some thought if they have a really strong prospect likely around 12/14
(So it all depends how LM rate kids around 3 and 12/14)

2. The posters suggesting 14 plus something to GC for 13 - absolutely love that one, pure Machiavellian

Was initially thinking it was going to be a 3 way trade but think it actually could be a 4 way trade.

Without going into all of the moving pieces I think it might be something like at a rough guess.

Carlton get: pick 3, Richmond’s pick 24
Give: 12, 14, Owies, Kennedy

WCE get: 12, Hawks F1, Baker, Owies
Give: 3, Barrass

Hawks get: Barrass
Give: F1, F2

Richmond get: pick 14, Kennedy, Hawks F2
Give: Baker, pick 24

Was initially thinking it was going to be a 3 way trade but think it actually could be a 4 way trade.

Without going into all of the moving pieces I think it might be something like at a rough guess.

Carlton get: pick 3, Richmond’s pick 24
Give: 12, 14, Owies, Kennedy

WCE get: 12, Hawks F1, Baker, Owies
Give: 3, Barrass

Hawks get: Barrass
Give: F1, F2

Richmond get: pick 14, Kennedy, Hawks F2
Give: Baker, pick 24
We would be making off like bandits.

Smith vibes like a bust?????

What the actual ****.

Sorry, thought this was an opinion based thread 🤷🏻‍♀️ Not sure why it’s so crazy to you. Every single season there are players that are hyped up, sold as a combination of Chris Judd and Jesus Christ, but then turn out to be Jimmy Toumpas. My gut feel is that Jagga Smith is that guy this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVII - 'Loopy' Gone Off The Rails

Remove this Banner Ad

Back