List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

It's actually farcical how it's all being staged

So Morris, Barrett, Ralph, Twomey et al up until today knew ALL the details, ALL the wheelings and dealings, knew the board blocked the deal, knew what the sticking point was. They knew it all. In detail.

But now today...no idea where it sits? None of them?

Come on.
If anyone thinks their bosses haven’t said “make it as juicy as possible” and they are not intentionally competing for clicks by telling lies, doesn’t understand the media.

If the deal was off we would have heard about other ways Luko, Richards and Noble are moving.

No rumours have leaked out.

Port would be seen as the bad guys to Luko, Richards, their managers, family, etc if they cancelled one deal and didn't have another way to satisfy people that they had made promises too.

It wouldn't matter if they left players who don't end up playing for them disgruntled but it certainly matters for Houston.

By all means clubs should hold players to contracts if they are trying to strong arm them into accepting a sh*t deal. I have no problem in theory with Port holding out.

But I think there's a big difference holding players to a contract when the offered deal is sh*t vs holding players to a contract when it is fair. Much bigger reason for the player to become disgruntled.

Port fans seem to want a 'win' off this trade rather than accepting a fair loss, as if the club holds all the leverage when a player has told them to GAGF. You have the contract, but they are the one who has to remain motivated to play well for you.

You can't just assume the guy you've held hostage will develop Stockholm Syndrome rather than try to grab your gun.

And, based on the possibly flawed assumption that Port aren't complete halfwits who will put posturing/ego and pandering to members/media over sensible list management, I think we will get Houston for that reason.

My money is on last night's published deal but with Port F2 rather than F1 going to GC. I think they've played us and GC by pretending that F1 was up for grabs.

Good idea but what if GC say no deal?

Reckon they'll allow Port to retain pick 39 as first preference (unless still desperate for points) and provide Atkins for nil in trade (were they anyway?) unless he's removed or dealt with separately.

At the end of the day we've got bugger all left to contribute unless we trade out a player but we've given enough already so I wouldn't be adding that without getting something useful back in return (on top of Houston)

Right now as the deal stands we've got 3 picks in the 50's so we're skint as f*ck and really it's GC who are the ones who need to give up something. The present deal favours them over Port and Port have the biggest chip in Houston involved.

So we have CalTwomey saying North still keen on Pick 13 but then Jon Ralph saying North is out of the Houston Trade

Hard to know how to Believe

Mate that literally proves that none of them actually know and they're all full of shit lol

It's actually farcical how it's all being staged

So Morris, Barrett, Ralph, Twomey et al up until today knew ALL the details, ALL the wheelings and dealings, knew the board blocked the deal, knew what the sticking point was. They knew it all. In detail.

But now today...no idea where it sits? None of them?

Come on.
It’s all for the drama and suspense

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate that literally proves that none of them actually know and they're all full of shit lol
No it doesn't

It just demonstrates the complexity of the period, the various stakeholders at play and which bits of info the various clubs and managers are willing to leak to better their position.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back