List Mgmt. Bailey Smith officially nominates Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Watching Fox Sport segment, Dermie thinks Bailey’s mental health state is irrelevant to the trade.

He is mostly right…. its what the Dogs can force us to pay. I find the mental discussion no different than saying he did his knee last year when one can see he has been training him self back to ready to go...

Basically the truth is … if we did not think we could get him in the draft the we have to pay more …no matter what his health is. If it was Bont..uncontracted … and we offer 17 … does he get to us? No so ..we are forced to pay.

Dermie operates in a mental vacuum, so the concept of function and wellness in that space is simply beyond him.
Dermie waffles on in commentary a lot. But here he is right.
Smith's mental situation plays a part in why he's leaving the Whitten Oval but has zero impact on the deal we do with the bulldogs.

Smith's mental situation plays a part in why he's leaving the Whitten Oval but has zero impact on the deal we do with the bulldogs.

Yeah, YOU might be right, but I just can't bring myself to say that Dermie might be too.

Gritting my teeth that hard might incur a dental bill.

Dermie operates in a mental vacuum, so the concept of function and wellness in that space is simply beyond him.
Considering his family history, perhaps he thinks he had it worse + Smith is a sook?

Still, who is Dermie to judge anyone?

Yeah, YOU might be right, but I just can't bring myself to say that Dermie might be too.

Gritting my teeth that hard might incur a dental bill.
Since winning in '22 I have no issue talking about Hawthorn or Tigers objectively removing the tribalistic bias.
Washed away a lot of angst did that day.

Erm, the same is true of Cameron and Dangerfield.
Both are great characters and wanted us
Anyway, what willl be will be.
If he comes to us, I will love him as we do with all ours.

This has been part of BigFooty Bingo for 20 years and has never happened

No one wants it to happen, not likely to happen, yet still possible, in the a similar way that a player going to draft instead of a trade is a more likely possibility. These edge cases do affect the negotiations even if they mostly they stay an unspoken threat.

What it will come down to is a pretty simple equation. If Geelong want to avoid sending Baz to the draft then they'll throw in a sweetener on top of our first.

Otherwise we stand our ground and see if the dogs are prepared to take nothing for him.

Once we hit Wednesday night, a late first is a damn sight better than sweet FA.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What it will come down to is a pretty simple equation. If Geelong want to avoid sending Baz to the draft then they'll throw in a sweetener on top of our first.

Otherwise we stand our ground and see if the dogs are prepared to take nothing for him.

Once we hit Wednesday night, a late first is a damn sight better than sweet FA.
17 is hardly nothing..?

17 is hardly nothing..?

Exactly. The Dogs don't have their own first rounder and it would be completely negligent of them to let a player walk into the draft instead of getting back into the first round. That would be a sackable offence IMO.

This deal will not end up going the way some are suggesting (walked to the draft) - and it was never going to.

Arguably the highest profile player looking to move clubs (officially) - AFL desperate to orchestrate a bit of interest and maintain the spotlight for a few weeks post GF (to annoy the NRL) - and the Dogs doing a bit of a huff and puff to at least let their fans think they're playing tough.

Even Bailey Smith knew what was playing out. He spent all last week on the Gold Coast so clearly he knew the deal - and the attached media interviews / photos in a Geelong jumper etc, was never happening until Wednesday. Only got back to Vic on the weekend.

As much as we've all known he was getting to Geelong - so to did his manager and both clubs involved. Bulldogs probably agreed to take Geelong's first round pick 6 months ago. It's all a game.

Seems like draft currency is at an all-time high this year. If 3 = 12 + 14 in this draft, then surely Bailey Smith = 17 😂

This deal will not end up going the way some are suggesting (walked to the draft) - and it was never going to.

Arguably the highest profile player looking to move clubs (officially) - AFL desperate to orchestrate a bit of interest and maintain the spotlight for a few weeks post GF (to annoy the NRL) - and the Dogs doing a bit of a huff and puff to at least let their fans think they're playing tough.

Even Bailey Smith knew what was playing out. He spent all last week on the Gold Coast so clearly he knew the deal - and the attached media interviews / photos in a Geelong jumper etc, was never happening until Wednesday. Only got back to Vic on the weekend.

As much as we've all known he was getting to Geelong - so to did his manager and both clubs involved. Bulldogs probably agreed to take Geelong's first round pick 6 months ago. It's all a game.

You'll be correct that in the end he will be and always has been ours.

But your insight into when things will happen and when has been wrong on all counts.

You'll be correct that in the end he will be and always has been ours.

But your insight into when things will happen and when has been wrong on all counts.

What was I wrong about? Might need reminding if that’s ok.

Possibly the “wrong on all counts” bit might be generalising just an inch. If passing on what I’m told is a crime then I await the judges decision.

You seem to take exception to most of my views or opinions. I’ve clearly upset you at some point. For that I apologise. I’m an 82 year old invalid - please go easy on me. This is bordering on elder abuse.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

What was I wrong about? Might need reminding if that’s ok.

Possibly the “wrong on all counts” bit might be generalising just an inch. If passing on what I’m told is a crime then I await the judges decision.

You seem to take exception to most of my views or opinions. I’ve clearly upset you at some point. For that I apologise. I’m an 82 year old invalid - please go easy on me. This is bordering on elder abuse.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
82 hey?
That means you were 66 when you started posting rubbish as gospel.

I think that Munich is referring to your continual suggestion on 'it will come out in 48 hours' and then there's crickets.

Absolutely! What is relevant is Bailey's form immediately before the injury and what effect the knee surgery might have on his playing ability and longevity. As King and Brereton said pick 17 in those circumstances is reasonable. I hope we stick to our guns but appreciate the Cats don't want to be seen as a club not able to pull these things off. I'd be pissed if it involved a future first-round pick too.

Absolutely! What is relevant is Bailey's form immediately before the injury and what effect the knee surgery might have on his playing ability and longevity. As King and Brereton said pick 17 in those circumstances is reasonable. I hope we stick to our guns but appreciate the Cats don't want to be seen as a club not able to pull these things off. I'd be pissed if it involved a future first-round pick too.
Bailey smith is worth a top 5 pick and you know it, however, you have the dogs by the balls and good luck in squeezing them.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Bailey Smith officially nominates Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Back