News Dan Houston traded to Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Aww come on now, heaps of clubs would kill to be in our position.

We’ll finish 4th-8th next year, serve up a big ol’ turd in a home final, and Kenny will be praised for dragging this sack of sh¡t as far as he did.

Then we’ll hit trade week, lose Butters for pick #7 and George Hewett, and do it all again.
But that’ll never happen because we always learn from our mistakes …

:poo::poo:

If there is any silver lining, provided you don't split the pick, pick 13 (probably pushed back to pick 15 or 16 after f/s_academy bids) is odds on to get you a better player than next season's first rounder (still expect Port to finish around top 4)
We're a significantly worse team without Dan Houston. Simply look at how often we turned the ball over against Geelong and Sydney in Finals.

Well played Dan.

Why don't you explain this to all the kids that have number 5 merch.

Dual All-Australian defender Dan Houston says he's staying at Port Adelaide and rejecting overtures to join rival clubs in Melbourne.
"I am contracted and I absolutely love the footy club, I love being in Adelaide," Houston told Adelaide radio station 5AA on Friday.
"I am not leaving next year.

"I am contracted, I wouldn't have signed the contract if I wasn't keen on Adelaide and keen on Port Adelaide and I love the place, I love the footy club
and the footy club have been good to me."
Houston said the support from the Power "reaffirmed" his commitment to the club.

"They have always got my back and they have always been really supportive of me," he said.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You are what we call an EHC (Extreme Happy Clapper)

Yeah righto, never said the deal was great, I’m not happy about it, but I’ve got the ability to read the tea leaves.

It was pretty obvious last week the deal would be something like this unless Houston could come around to going to north.

The only surprising bit was the atkins getting thrown in.

But yeah I’m happy clapper for not irrationally thinking this is worse than losing a home prelim as red hot favourites or for reading the tea leaves with this trade.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I still don't understand how we got so bogged down in this deal with these clubs.

It doesn't look like Connors' agency is directly involved with many of the players concerned. I don't reckon they manage Lukosius, Noble, or Richards, and the Ratking is effectively negative steak knives.

Is it as simple as us making a rod for our own back by showing interest in players from Gold Coast and Collingwood, and then being too stupid or weak or incompetent to hold a particular line on how we were and were not prepared to engage? Surely we'd have been better off giving up our F1 for Lukosius, walking Richards to the draft, and dealing with Houston separately?

Chewy316 (or anyone else in the know) do you have insight here?
Can't you guys on trade pick 13 for Norths F1 now then? You would effectively then get Norths F1, pick 29 and 36 for Houston

Hey Port fans. I know this trade sucks for you and you are angry about losing Houston for not much. Apologies if the timing is off. But I'm just wondering what you can tell us about Houston as a player. Haven't watched a heap of him, all I know is he's a good kick and made AA. How good is he, and what are his strengths and weaknesses? Thank you
😫😫😫😫😫😫😫

Yeah righto, never said the deal was great, I’m not happy about it, but I’ve got the ability to read the tea leaves.

It was pretty obvious last week the deal would be something like this unless Houston could come around to going to north.

The only surprising bit was the atkins getting thrown in.

But yeah I’m happy clapper for not irrationally thinking this is worse than losing a home prelim as red hot favourites or for reading the tea leaves with this trade.

You're not the only one that saw the deal coming. Everyone knew we'd bend over because we're predictable and soft.
Just because you're not surprised by the outcome doesn't mean it's not worth being angry over.

The mere fact that you're arguing over what is more disappointing - a finals loss or a trade, just goes to show that there's no area that this club excells in anymore.

lol this doesn’t even come close to the 21 prelim disaster, pure hysteria. Premierships is what we all want and a spot in the gf was perfectly laid out for us and we completely shat the bed.

Yeah it would’ve been nice for us to show more balls and hold Houston to his contract, but by the sounds the Houston camp didn’t make things easy for the club.

Comparing this or saying it’s worse than a humiliating prelim loss is ridiculous.

In all honestly this is the sort of trade I’ve been expecting, I always thought there were so many here that were setting themselves up for major disappointment.

The major reason I believe this is worse is because it’s not just a one off event.
We are stuck with these clowns for years running our club.
Today is just a piss in the ocean to what’s coming.
The demise of Hinkley won’t make a rats arse difference when you have complete fools running the club.
You think today was bad you ain’t seen nothing yet.

Partly because Collingwood competently defend their players, just like they competently negotiate trades and competently advance the interests of their club.

We can only dream.
The way Collingwood went about the Maynard incident compared to the hogwash we came up with Dan is light years apart.
Professional Sporting club and us Backyard Bogans.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Dan Houston traded to Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back