News James Peatling chooses Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

They should be embarrassed having rolled so quickly on ANB and leaving everything extra they needed for Peatling on the table. I normally rate Reid highly at this time of year, but there was no reason not to walk away from the ANB deal, knowing Melbourne would have to return to the table at some point.

We were more active than you think in getting ANB here. He wasn’t coming to SA at any cost - he was interested and we jumped at the opportunity

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We were more active than you think in getting ANB here. He wasn’t coming to SA at any cost - he was interested and we jumped at the opportunity

Everything I’ve heard from him or Tim Lamb indicates he was coming no matter what due to his “extenuating circumstances”

I’m not suggesting we should have done better, but I think there was no harm in trying something.
We’ve done not much for a week and a half, time isn’t an issue.
Why are you suggesting we should now care what GWS want?
I think we are talking not using a 2nd?

We have been trying something. We've just spent the last week and a bit trying to get Peatling out of GWS for cheaper than they want. We wouldn't have had the opportunity to do that if we were dragging out heels on the ANB trade.

We can't have our cake and eat it too. If we were dragging out the ANB trade, GWS would be saying "just let us know once you're ready to hand it over to us".

Apparently, this all resulted from an anonymous allegation, presumably from a woke player, since only players were present.
Suspensions have been handed down with no attempt to get testimony from the "offenders". I reckon the lawyers should be trotted out here: they would have a field day. GWS found nothing wrong and should employ the lawyers against the AFL.

How is the culture now, since everyone will be trying to discover the woke player?

Likely woke staff being in Sydney

Didn't really sound like it listening to his manager Ben Williams...

We have been trying something. We've just spent the last week and a bit trying to get Peatling out of GWS for cheaper than they want. We wouldn't have had the opportunity to do that if we were dragging out heels on the ANB trade.

We can't have our cake and eat it too. If we were dragging out the ANB trade, GWS would be saying "just let us know once you're ready to hand it over to us".
I don’t think this is the case at all.
We have obviously said don’t look at our 1sts, no reason we can’t say this is what we have to work with, they have no business knowing what the deal is going to be with Melbourne.

Everything I’ve heard from him or Tim Lamb indicates he was coming no matter what due to his “extenuating circumstances”
Do we think the Dees self destructing also helped?

Think he’d made his mind up a fair way out.
They have been self destructing for over a year now.

Lucky Petty wasn't worried & saved us from ourselves.

I don’t think this is the case at all.
We have obviously said don’t look at our 1sts, no reason we can’t say this is what we have to work with, they have no business knowing what the deal is going to be with Melbourne.

"Hey, so we've only got the following picks available."
"Uh, aren't you guys holding out for some steak knives in your trade for ANB? Come back to us once you know what those are."

"Hey, so we've only got the following picks available."
"Uh, aren't you guys holding out for some steak knives in your trade for ANB? Come back to us once you know what those are."
You’ve gone from not caring about what they want to it being your whole narrative?
“Sorry GWS the ANB deal might go to the last hour they have other things they are working on, we wont be getting back anything you want anyway, this is what we have irregardless of what we do with them.”

You’ve gone from not caring about what they want to it being your whole narrative?
“Sorry GWS the ANB deal might go to the last hour they have other things they are working on, we wont be getting back anything you want anyway, this is what we have irregardless of what we do with them.”

It's a lot easier to dig your heels in when the other side knows you're not going to be bringing in any extra trade currency.

In terms of not caring what GWS want, you said that we should have been holding out to get something back in the ANB trade because GWS wants more for Peatling. My point is, who cares what they want? It's not up to us to drag out the ANB trade just to gain enough currency to satisfy GWS.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a lot easier to dig your heels in when the other side knows you're not going to be bringing in any extra trade currency.

In terms of not caring what GWS want, you said that we should have been holding out to get something back in the ANB trade because GWS wants more for Peatling. My point is, who cares what they want? It's not up to us to drag out the ANB trade just to gain enough currency to satisfy GWS.
No, I didn’t say that at all, my point was don’t start at F2, I don’t care about getting things back, offer less to start with.
We may have walked out with 28 or whatever it is now.

Remove this Banner Ad

News James Peatling chooses Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back